It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's lunar mission finds evidence of water on the Moon

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
I think it would take way more than a ton of regolith to cover a baseball field.

I'm not real certain of the facts on this point but somone else (maybe in another thread) said a ton wouldn't even be enough to fill in a driveway.

How much do you think your car weighs? Now imagine a pile of dirt that size... I don't think that would come even close to covering a baseball field.

I take full responsibility for that.

Your average cockroach would consider a ton of dirt a softball field.

Think about the ratio.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I like your enthusiasm and all -- I seriously hope that the way of it is more like people get to share the wealth. Of course, governments and corporations will believe they own the moon, like they own everything else.

Regardless...

It's too late for that.

The moon has natives. Well, maybe not truly native. I mean, the native americans weren't even truly native. In fact, now that I think about it, No one was anywhere first. HAH! No, really... think about it. Who was here before everybody? Nobody!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
can anybody answer my question please that i posted on page 7ish?
it was, water = a very good chance of life, yes? ice water = less chance of life, yes? but dos'nt ice water have to be liquid water before it turns to ice?

Phage im sure you can answer this for me please.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
just a brief point..

my friend has an actual newspaper from the moon landing in the 60s. the front page headline blazes...

"water found on moon"

now he is in australia and i am in japan. so i cant get you the paper or the date. but i'll email him and ask.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Honesty and reality in one area does not an honest, realistic organization make.
Just because you are speculating about what actions your ideal 'normal' person would take in a given situation, doesn't invalidate that governments, their leaders, the policy makers, head researchers and scientists are lying and withholding information every day.

I can tell that you have a very low perspective of humanity, well except for a few people apparently. When a few more bits of information are finally leaked (that could be 50 or 20,000 year old secrets) to the public, no one will even have the time to justify your positions.

Governments look out for themselves and are not connected with reality anymore, and you will defend the current social order within your paradigm with little exclusion. When the true depth of the corruption and deceit of Earth's leaders are finally ripped wide open, you will be faced with the contradiction of your long held beliefs being dismissed in light of the obvious social, technological, and spiritual, controls that are intended to make us slaves to consumerism, and are designed to keep us fearful and in the dark.

Nasa lies because they can, and because they are used to it. The timing of the revelation of more moisture being on the moon is given up for certain necessities. You are a slave to the institutions of society, just like most others (especially those who think they are in control), and you are simply expected to do what you are told and let your 'betters' make decisions for you.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackRosEmyth

Re: Moon in colour.
So why did James Lovell report it was grey?
Did he "actually" fly over it?

news.bbc.co.uk...

The engine burned for just over four minutes, and then suddenly the avid audience of television-watchers on Earth had the first-ever eyewitness account of the lunar surface from astronaut James Lovell.

"The moon is essentially grey," he said. "No colour. Looks like plaster of Paris. Sort of a greyish beach sand."

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

No. Ice can turn directly to water vapor. The process is called sublimation. The same way dry ice turns directly into CO2.
ga.water.usgs.gov...

[edit on 9/25/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
very interesting, but considering that the moon is a chunk of the earth, it really shouldn't be that big of a surprise...

I would be more excited if they reported that they found no evidence that man has ever walked on the moon. Surely this would be pretty easy to prove. not so easy to announce, however.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Mathius]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

thank you for clearing that up,my mind was racing with theories.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karaokequeen
reply to post by BlackRosEmyth

Re: Moon in colour.
So why did James Lovell report it was grey?
Did he "actually" fly over it?

news.bbc.co.uk...

The engine burned for just over four minutes, and then suddenly the avid audience of television-watchers on Earth had the first-ever eyewitness account of the lunar surface from astronaut James Lovell.

"The moon is essentially grey," he said. "No colour. Looks like plaster of Paris. Sort of a greyish beach sand."

lies, lies and more lies! Just like Buzz Armstrong who had stated that they were being followed by "something" to the moon" then back tracked and said it must have been Venus....

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cydonia2012

Who is Buzz Armstrong?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Who is Buzz Armstrong?

Succinct. And funny.

Perfect.

Quite possibly the BEST thing I have EVER seen on ATS!!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Karaokequeen

There is color on the moon but it is subtle. The photos which show brilliant colors are false color representation or enhanced, this is made clear in the descriptions of these images.

The Apollo astronauts reported that the color of the moon as seen from orbit varied from gray to brownish depending on the angle of the sunlight hitting it. They also reported color variations in different areas.

The orbiting Apollo astronauts noticed a peculiar phenomenon when they observed the lunar surface at a small angle related to the sun's light. At such small angle, the lunar surface appeared warm brown colored.

When I look at the mare, I see a big swatch of - of the tan-colored mare down to the south that goes over towards Guericke. And I see a - a tongue of darker gray material.
the-moon.wikispaces.com...

Apollo 17 found orangish soil at their landing site.
history.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
hahaha buzz armstrong i nearly choked

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Who is Buzz Armstrong?

Phage, don't you know who Buzz Armstrong is? He's the world's best arm wrestler... Of course, he has to be on a buzz before his arms are strong...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Who is Buzz Armstrong?

You know!!!
Him and Neil Aldrin landed on the moon.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

You know!!!
Him and Neil Aldrin landed on the moon.

maybe more peeps would get their names straight if they actually did. or finally proven that they actually DIDNT.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mathius

Maybe if people knew enough about the mission to actually know the names of the astronauts they would know that they did happen. Ignorance is no excuse.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mathius

That's your opinion and you're welcomed to it.
Allow me to express mine.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Mathius

Maybe if people knew enough about the mission to actually know the names of the astronauts they would know that they did happen. Ignorance is no excuse.

Ignorance is a huge excuse when it's what NASA sells best.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join