It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could give one ITEM to someone 3,000 years ago?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I think i would have to take back a single page and ask them to put it at the start of the bible.... on the page it would simple say

"All persons portrayed in this book are completely fictitious,Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
"

Imagine how that would mess with peoples heads lol

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by brooklyn87

Antibacterial soap doesn't promote cleanliness, it merely breeds superstrains of disease. The U.S. is considered one of the highest danger areas for the spread of new disease strains specifically because everything here is "antibacterial." Regular soap and water, combined with not using water that other people poop or bathe in, does just fine.

Also, remember that the OP said "no instructions." Basically, we're limited to giving them the item and leaving. What are they going to do with antibacterial soap? Eat it? It's not like they'd be able to just look at it and know what it does beyond regular soap, or know how to reproduce it.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I would give them a printed, laminated, detailed World Atlas...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Oh, if we're talking one item, with no instruction, that could be used to change the course of their history and lead them dramatically.
A second moon.
All of our religious histories are based around astrology. If there were two moons, the religions would be totally different.
Hell, if there were two SUNS, imagine what our religious history would be like! LOL!

So yeah, I'd probably nuke Jupiter, and turn it into a second sun.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
....I would give them a sword made of steel.
yep, that's what I would give them.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
i would give them a camera, teach them how to use it, and give them specific instructions to use it 1000 years later to take a pciture of jesus and then keep the picture inside a box. so we can open it present day and settle the debate once and for all

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
HA! I would send them .50 caliber sniper rifle. they can make all the ammo they need.

Nuff said

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I'd give them an Ice Maker.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I would give them a yo-yo!

Simple, efficient, something they can duplicate, and fun. Why? I don't think a yo-yo would alter history too horribly except for Mr. Duncan in the 1930's.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
How about a MOAB with a push button activator? Maybe things would be better on Earth today.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
In all seriousness, I would pick one of the following:

I would provide a fountain pen with refillable cartridge still in package that comes with extra cartridges.
Package has instruction on it, since they had writing already; having a device that holds its own ink would be an aid and you can refill the cartridges. This would reproducible with deferent materials they had at hand. Though handy I doubt this one device would alter history too drastically.

I would provide a Swiss Army knife.
They already had tools, but having a tool that contained many tools within would be handy, and I don’t think would alter history too drastically.

[edit on 9/25/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hi
A book with all our recorded history written in their language and illustrated pics
and the title of the book would be "learn from our misstakes and get a better future"
peace

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Ill send a lighter. duh!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
encyclopedia brittanica

[edit on 26-9-2009 by 3mporer]

[edit on 26-9-2009 by 3mporer]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Love this thread.

I dont think they would know what to do with what we would send back.

I could go on forever about war and religion and stuff

How about giving them the cognitive ability to recognize institutionalized religion as a crock of poo.

Some kind of 'christian removal'

Please dont burn me for saying this. All religions have their own view...Just like all non-religious have theirs.

Somewhere before the religion took over the world and threw us back to the dark ages, I feel that we had more knowledge than we do now.

The earth is round, and hopefully it stays that way.

To have been a scientist back then and trying to introduce new ideas and gettting lynched for it.

I have nothing against and form of religion. Each is free to choose what they believe in and I feel there is no need for religion to be taught that it is the only way.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a picture of the atomic bomb dropping over jiroshima and let them know that this will be happening on such and such date that would let einstien know that if he were to carry out his technology that this would happen and thus stopping and preventing nuclear threat the the globe. but then again...other things that we can not possibly imagine could have been made instead. So all i would just bring back a really really big TEDDY Bear to a little kid somewhere in what is now Mexico.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I would give a jar of peanut butter and a plastic spoon...

That would really eff with them!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I know it has been said already but given the no instructions thing, I would have to say a well detailed world atlas written in the native language of the people I visited

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'd give them an early 1900's steam engine with a full tool kit for the engine. they might be able to learn something off it.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join