It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Marburg1,
I agree, it is beyond human understanding. I beleive that because I beleive that God exists beyond the realm of time and space - beyond the universe as we know it. I guess I still look at or for the issue of how we, the universe and everything came to be. There is nothing in the universe that can create - to make something out of nothing. That leads to looking at the Creator who then must exist beyond this universe.
CS

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
God, Angels, Demons etc are all actual beings. Many prayers include "Lord King of The Universe" which is exactly as it is stated. UFO sightings are covered up because it is easier to enslave a planet to produce wealth and resources for trade on a galactic level. We can only hope God is still around because the NWO would be a scary place to live if they so choose to enslave us. If the NWO has good intent we are in for a very exciting next 20 years. We WILL see the King of the Universe in this lifetime if we survive 2006, 2010, and 2012.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Far be it from me to question such a sweeping proclamation, Raphael but...

Evidence?

Reasoning?

If God is "Lord King of the Universe" why isn't He responsible for the UFOs? Does He subcontract? Has He instigated a "work to rule" policy?

If He exists, why *wouldn't* He still be around? Or are you suggesting that God is mortal and - let's face it - past His best?

Why did God create the NWO if they are potentially so evil - or, since I think I can probably guess your answer, why did God create Satan who created the NWO?

What the hell is God going to do to us in 2012 and 2010 that He can't do in 2006 (or next Thursday, for that matter)?

Oh, look at that, I managed to question you after all!

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeLands

Evidence?

Reasoning?

If God is "Lord King of the Universe" why isn't He responsible for the UFOs? Does He subcontract? Has He instigated a "work to rule" policy?

There are other civilizations who have evolved to advanced civilizations. The King of the Universe is not responsible for the UFO's directly but UFO's are other advanced civilizations from long before earth. You don't possibly believe earth is the only planet which life exists or has ever existed do you? Many worlds have advanced long before us just going by logic of how old the universe is, has been expanding, and how old we believe our solar system is. There are galaxies which are far more advanced then our own and are basicly "complete" in their evolution. We are a young galaxy. My guess is God is from the most powerfull civilization in the universe if he did not create the universe himself. I cannot rule that out either because we are so primitive compared to what is possible. Our galaxy still has close to 50 million years to become "completed"

If He exists, why *wouldn't* He still be around? Or are you suggesting that God is mortal and - let's face it - past His best?

That question cannot be really answered but going off of my logic I would say God is still in existence yet may not be watching earth alone. God most likely travels or watches many worlds and cannot dedicate 100% to one place. As the universe continues to not only expand but galaxies are accelerating farther away from eachother at a faster rate every day. Eventually will galaxies be too far spread to ever travel beyond one galaxy? If God exists within our galaxy and is "King of the galaxy" rather then "King of the universe" I would have a different view. It is my oppinion God, The Lord, "King of the Universe" is still in control since the universe hasnt spread galaxies far enough apart yet to lose physical contact but that could happen one day.

Why did God create the NWO if they are potentially so evil - or, since I think I can probably guess your answer, why did God create Satan who created the NWO?

God created all things and deserves to be exaulted as such. God gives us free will and the ability to live a free life for the most part. When we do something wrong do we get punished by God? God is so much greater then us it is like God is invincible but can he see the entire universe at once?? Does God have to travel like everyone else. Is he more like a political power like a KIng or president of the universe? Maybe the reason we are now living in "The day of The Lord" is because God is making rounds to check on civilizations and next is earth. NWO is flesh and blood and not of the angelic order of superior races. NWO is human(as far as I know) and cannot possibly be more powerfull then God.

What the hell is God going to do to us in 2012 and 2010 that He can't do in 2006 (or next Thursday, for that matter)?

It is my belief we will be struck or saved from an Asteroid/Comet inpact in which time the NWO will try and impose its world control. If a crisis of global magnitude was to happen in the event of a comet or asteroid strike in which the USA saved everyone they would except the NWO without even fighting it because they would be just so happy they survived. It will start with FEMA taking over the USA and then the NWO will become so.

Indeed you did and I have answered ;p
Any more questions?

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
sorry for double post but I forgot to mention

Asteroid strikes may occur first in 2006 in asia, then 2010 and 2012 in the ocean and USA. If those do not hit us 2019 has a 2 mile wide rock headed right for us. Are we entering the kuiper belt? possibly.. Why do you think almost every country wants to build a moon base and all of a sudden there is interest and flight plans for 2006 and beyond from more then 12 countries.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by Raphael]

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by Raphael]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
For myself, its harder for me to believe in God than aliens. For one, I spent two decades of my life as a faithful Christian who (for reasons I won't get into) came to the conclusion that I was following something I no longer believed in. I am an agnostic now, so I do not completely throw away the notion of God. I just will need more proof than was required earlier in my life.

I actually have seen a couple of UFOs during my life, but nothing else that could be considered paranormal. So I have far more basis in knowing that UFOs exist and most likely ETs along with them.

Currently I have no real reason to think that ETs created man or are in any way connected to our own religious beliefs, but I would not throw out that possibility either. The subject of UFOs and aliens is so diverse and strange that just about anything could be true about the subject. I prefer to limit my opinion of UFOs/aliens to simply other beings looking out for their and our safety from nuclear technology for the time being. Though I'm sure there is more to it than that and all will likely be revealed if disclosure were to occur. The Sumerian religious beliefs were fairly interesting when looked at with an ET perspective behind them, but until more information comes out, I'm not going to stress myself coming up with any convoluted theories that may or may not have any basis in reality.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by heelstone]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Heelstone,
Thanks for the reply, just looking for peoples ideas on the role of aliens in the origin of life. I like your point of not wracking your brain over it until there's some "proof".

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Another theory is Russia and the USA have built bases on the moon and mars and have been using cloning and cybernetics to create these higher beings from outer space.
One more theory is our government is planning to sell our way of life. Once there is One New World Order with total control over the population they will sell earth to ET's as a place to live in the flesh. Get everyone out or kill everyone and then you have a beautifull planet to sell to ET's to come live in. IT is my belief that many ET's out of survival had to resort to cybernetics and artificial intelligence when their civilizations have been extinct. They would like nothing more then to live on the earth and they look down and see "mankind" looking up praying to leave earth and be with God. funny isnt it..

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'd have to say God. The reason is because other life is very probable to exist, and I see no good proof of a God existing. Anyone here have "evidence"?

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhova
You always talk about someone belonging, let me tell you something, people are afraid of aliens.It is not fun to be a part of something as terrible as aliens.People lose careesrs, credibility, and the books they come out with barely pay there bills, you talk out of the side of your mouth!Believing in things like aliens being the creator make sense, but may not be fact.But you accusing everyone of being part of something that they think makes them cool is an outright lie!If you could see that, you might actually get some info in that little tight a$$ instead of Bangkok.
Shut up reject and stop flaming. You really need to hide your infatuation with me...it's starting to make you look obsessed. Stick to the post.

[Edited on 5-16-2004 by Preest]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preest

You always talk about someone belonging, let me tell you something, people are afraid of aliens.It is not fun to be a part of something as terrible as aliens.People lose careesrs, credibility, and the books they come out with barely pay there bills, you talk out of the side of your mouth!Believing in things like aliens being the creator make sense, but may not be fact.But you accusing everyone of being part of something that they think makes them cool is an outright lie!If you could see that, you might actually get some info in that little tight a$$ instead of Bangkok.
Shut up reject and stop flaming. You really need to hide your infatuation with me...it's starting to make you look obsessed. Stick to the post.

[Edited on 5-16-2004 by Preest]

Obsession?I just don't like the way you think, or most of your skeptical ways.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Obsession?I just don't like the way you think, or most of your skeptical ways.
Still stalking? Stick to the topic.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

For me i would say god, why well it is easyer to beleive in aliens then god, think of how big the known universe is?

now we only know a small amount of the universe maybe the size of a grain of sand and somewhere out there there has to be life other then whats on this planet.

second god maybe real, or he may just be the figment of some one's imagination over 2000 years ago who wanted to write a book?we will never know, why because there is no proof no photographic evidence like there is of UFO's.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by madwalrus911

For me i would say god, why well it is easyer to beleive in aliens then god, think of how big the known universe is?

now we only know a small amount of the universe maybe the size of a grain of sand and somewhere out there there has to be life other then whats on this planet.

second god maybe real, or he may just be the figment of some one's imagination over 2000 years ago who wanted to write a book?we will never know, why because there is no proof no photographic evidence like there is of UFO's.

Writings about God have been discovered from over 9000 years. How was the ozone layer created? God? Advanced Alien Life? Why does the solar system function like a complex ferromagnet? I don't know about anyone else but the more I research the science the more I conclude there must be a God. If you ever see an alien claiming to be God do not believe it because no alien created the earth or the heavens. This will be a mass deception one day and most of the population will fall for it.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael

Originally posted by madwalrus911

Writings about God have been discovered from over 9000 years. How was the ozone layer created? God? Advanced Alien Life? Why does the solar system function like a complex ferromagnet? I don't know about anyone else but the more I research the science the more I conclude there must be a God. If you ever see an alien claiming to be God do not believe it because no alien created the earth or the heavens. This will be a mass deception one day and most of the population will fall for it.

And exact the same About aliens �UFOs� ,Visitors from space

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
First question is who's god? If we are talking about the usual suspects then not only do I believe that aliens are more probable, but I would rather them to exist because of what this illeged god has done to his children.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

If you ever see an alien claiming to be God do not believe it because no alien created the earth or the heavens.

My guess is God is from the most powerfull civilization in the universe

So which is it, Raph?

I thank you, by the way, for answering all of my earlier questions. Well, all except the first one. For the purposes of understanding your frequent predictions and declarations, I'll ask again.

Where is your evidence?

Anything will do! A single unarguable, beyond-debunking nugget of truth will suffice - but without it, this argument is doomed to be nothing more than metaphysical posturing and bickering over semantics.

Reject religion! Embrace rationality! We're all nice people, I promise - *our* Cathedrals sell paperbacks at a reasonable price and have coffee shops in them!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Starngelands,
I still owe you a response to one of your posts. I finished it yesterday, went to post and received an error syaing the forums were down for repair. Unfortunately, everything I wrote was lost. I'll try and redo it tonight.
CS

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeLands

Aliens are believable perhaps because we can touch, implants, scars from those taken onboard, places where craft has touched the ground, pictures of craft flying thru the air, touched by stories of people taken, blocked by a government that says they don't exits yet evidence of prior said thoughts support their presence , history is full of paintings showing objects in the air so that we can see with eye's evidence they exist.

GOD, in the beginning was the word and the word was with GOD for the word was GOD. Unlike the alien we have only his word. No touchy feely evidence he has or had been here on this planet. Yet as the picture in front of me shows a Christ knocking on a door, GOD the spirit knocks to enter into whosoever opens upon hearing that knock, but knowing all who hear shall not open and allow the spirit to enter.

I can't declare GOD as his word does it for he himself shall declare who or what he is,

Oh, look at that, I managed not to question you after all!
but rather choose to state my thoughts

Michael

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ark-Angel
Oh, look at that, I managed not to question you after all!
but rather choose to state my thoughts

Touche, Ark-Angel!

The reason I was hard on Raphael - so hard, it seems, that he abandoned the thread! - was that people should either believe or not. If you are a Christian, then you *should* believe in God without evidence, without proof, without justification, without evidence - go ahead! I can't disproove it (not yet, at least). What irritates me beyond measure is the "explanation" of religion in pseudo-scientific terms.

God is ineffable, right? Which means that you, Mr. Guy-In-The-Street-Christian, cannot know his mind, cannot know his intent, cannot know his ultimate plan, and *cannot* understand his concept of morality - by your own admission! How can you condemn "in the name of God" when you have no clue what God's word actually is?

But for those people - and I know several of them - who are Christian, are believers in a real and objective God, but accept their own frailty and imperfection and just try and get on with their lives in decent, reasonable ways; for those people, I have nothing but respect. I will still argue the necessity of a God, and I'll still combat ignorance and prejuidice wheresoever I find it, but I can also accept that these are good people.

It's the evangelists who spoil it for everyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join