It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming so you think its fake?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I'm just flabbergasted over your post. You are STILL making up things I never said or judgments that I never made, even after you quote me you go on to say "From there you blamed the ignorance of Global Warming deniers on Christian and Conspiracist excuses." Its like you're trying to say that I said Conspiracy theorists and Christians are to blame for for the misconstruction of global warming simply being a scam! If anything the only thing I was trying to incite was a response from Christians as to there beliefs over how they should be taking care of the planet!

Then you go on and keep repeating what you have said since the beginning, which is apparently pushing my "agenda" on others and telling people to go out, picket, start confluences, buy this, do that, NO I never did and you can go ahead and quote me here if you want in saying, "Oh of course you never said that." but before you do, you know exactly what I mean when you are spewing B.S. like, Sorry, but you were old enough to decide that others should be doing more to protect the planet.

I never told anyone to do ANYTHING, however I did ask questions, '...in the wake of our global population and pollution but why the doubt?" and "Why? Why the resistance? (to being green)', I never said why aren't you living outdoors in a #ing teepee, "You wouldn't slap your own mother in the face would you?", this refers to the people whose common attitude stemmed the quote, "I don't give a # about the environment!"

"And as coincidence theorists or Christian why not change your ways anyway?" referring to those who just don't give a #. "...but whats your excuse, whats our excuse?" referring to those who have refused or made similar excuses to make even the smallest changes just like my dad.

Do I need to hold your hand and explain even the last question!? If there is any agenda I am pushing it would most certainly be to make small changes over time. STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH STOP INSINUATING I AM DOING SOMETHING I AM NOT!

Consider this the last time I explain myself to you. I am done defending and repeating myself from the likes of what you keep insinuating. I am sure that after reading from this post your next post will be the last you have any remarks for me, unless that's how you plan to get your kicks for the duration that this thread stays afloat.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenLo
Great its another individual who lives in a shell. Listen deary, yes it is a natural cycle, I and the several scientists are aware of that, whats not natural is what the human impact has placed on the ecosystem since the industrial revolution!

Let me ask you a question, have you ever looked at the evidence or the variables involved!?

First off I am a guy... so that sexist deary thing is wasted on me. Also I do not live in a shell.

Second, mankind has been affecting the world around him since he was a chimp. All animals affect their environment some more than others. Beavers build dams and woodpeckers hollow out trees... Mankind builds civilization.
It has an impact but I doubt our impact can be greater then that of the Earth itself. She floods, she quakes, she brings a natural chaotic order that man kind has yet to match. Keep thinking Polar shift.

Third and last I have looked at the evidence and variables involved. Cows really do emit the most greenhouse gas per year.... Then again we could argue that this is mainly a result of factory farming. But I dont wanna go through the mud...Just to say I do not see humanity as so powerful that it should be put on a pedestal and held accountable for every natural calamity that is.

The earth heats up the earth cools down the cycle repeats and mammals continue to eat.

Hooray! Go Mammals!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think Global Warming is a classic orchestration of problem, reaction, solution.

Problem - CO2 emissions, sea levels rise! We're doomed.

Reaction - Now we're scared. What do we do? I remember when the whole global warming was first being documented in the mainstream media not so long ago, they had images of large parts of Britain underwater. So after putting the fear of hell into us they offer the solution(s).

Solution - Reducing your 'Carbon footprint'. Wallah. And we all know all the methods they're introducing. One of them being home insulation 'upgrades' for example.

Now.

Having worked for Miller Pattison as a surveyor for cavity wall and loft insulation 'upgrades' I gradually picked up on the whole agenda behind this.
Cavity wall insulation is a clever idea to make money. And having worked in this field briefly and spoken to people who have this done, they have noticed little or no effect in energy bill savings which is the primary selling point along with reducing your alleged 'Carbon Footprint'. It's meant to save you money on your energy bills. People love to SAVE money. Really with cavity wall and loft insulation, you're spending money. Loft insulation is also expected to rise from the current 270mm RECOMMENDED standard! So, that keeps the global warming campaign making money for some time.

The Utility companies like N Power are being forced by the government to offer grants, or pay towards grants to insulate people's homes other wise they get fined 10% of their gross yearly profit. They need to show they're doing their part to reduce the 'Carbon Footprint'. Which is utter crap.

From the people I personally spoke to who had their cavity walls and their loft insulation 'upgraded' not ONE had noticed a big difference in their energy bills. I always got a 'so so' reaction.

I'm not saying there's no substance in the CO2 emission claim. Personally I think it's exaggerated and it's big business for the next 5-10 years from what I was told. Similar to 9/11. Problem, reaction, solution with a real agenda behind it and ultimately a great time for the few to cash in. It's business as usual to the abundant few.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I guess you're against water too? water vapor is the largest green house gas and i don't see the world ending from that.

In the 1970's scientists thought that we're going to thrown into a second ice age and i sure as hell don't see a glacier in my backyard (unless you're living in Alaska or cool place like that even then its hard)

logic dictates that if x happens and y changes then x is the cause of the change in y. well let me tell you this there is a 800 year lag between climate change and co2 levels. I can assure you that The change in climate caused the Co2 to rise, and it makes complete sense. A warmer climate means it can sustain a number of species and environments, and those species and environments produce Co2 like we're producing Co2 now.

Rotting vegetation, bacteria, animals (not including humans), all produce a substantial amount of Co2, and way more than humans can produce, and we all know that volcanoes produces a lot also.

Look into this 8 (i think) part video

www.youtube.com...

and this one

www.youtube.com...

myths on global warming
globalwarminghoax.wordpress.com...

And if you don't look at the facts like real science does, then global warming in fact has turned into a religion.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Amazing. I can't say my opinion has not been changed. I must admit I never heard of the influence the sun had in that manor.

And if you don't look at the facts like real science does, then global warming in fact has turned into a religion.

You can't argue though that, just like the scientists offered up in opposition to the World Trade Center being an inside job, there are credentials on both sides. After looking at discussed evidence however, it is difficult not to see that those who have opposed the conspiracy are simply bought and paid for.

However, here we have a climate change with the effects being nearly fully documented. Do the coral reefs return and flourish, do species recover, are new species discovered or develop, does the giant squid go back into depths of the sea, or is this all simply not the impacts of man on the temperature of the planet but rather the impacts of man only on nature?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenLo
Amazing. I can't say my opinion has not been changed. I must admit I never heard of the influence the sun had in that manor.

You can't argue though that, just like the scientists offered up in opposition to the World Trade Center being an inside job, there are credentials on both sides. After looking at discussed evidence however, it is difficult not to see that those who have opposed the conspiracy are simply bought and paid for.

All I'm saying is that Co2 isn't the cause of global warming, rather global warming is the cause of Co2 hell even Al gore admits that in his fear mongering movie "Inconvenient truth" he says that there is a special relation between the change in co2 and the warming. In fact Co2 is good for the environment, and species they all thrive in them. Co2 is just H2O, O2 is good for us. So i have no clue as to where this Co2 is dangerous bs is coming from.

Now i'm not saying that we're not polluting our planet in a substantial way, we are, but we're not causing the globe to warm

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
All of this is fine and dandy while I prep for what is tauted to be the coldest winter in 10 years where I live. That after the coolest summer in recorded HISTORY for our area in Ohio. Yup, can't stand that global warming.

I'm sorry believers, but, unlike that of other conspiracies, I am not yet sold on this one.

Do we pollute? Yes. Is this good for the planet? No. Can we change this? Of course. Should we? Yes. But do we need to cripple our advancement and destroy what's left of the middle class in this world to do so? HELL NO!

Until we can see some real facts and then WITNESS THIS FIRST HAND (since I saw somewhere recently where conflicting stories of the arctic shelf were released within the same week, one stating it is shrinking to nothing and the next stating that it has grown, just pathetic...) I just don't see how the main stream population is going to buy into global warming.

One study says the oceans had their warmest summer on record yet they then come out and say that the reason we are going to have one of the coldest summers in a decade is due to the oceans being cooler.

WTF do we believe? You see, right now I see a TON of elitist rich jerks looking for yet another way to control and suck the lifes blood out of the people that can least afford it right now. To make those people more dependent upon the elitists.

Protect the environment but don't destroy the livlihood of millions just to soothe your psyche.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join