It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming so you think its fake?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I have always known that global warming was a real issue that we face in the wake of our global population and pollution but why the doubt? First time I was met with such doubt came from religious family members and friends. I heard things similar to the affect that, "All natural resources are renewable.", "The idea of global warming goes against God.", etc. Being a spiritual atheist I could only find these answers typical until in later 2005 early 2006 when I entered the realm of conspiracies I began to hear that this was just another conspiracy. For some reason its quite typical a response in the conspiracy network that global warming is just an engine for the NWO to use to power in tyrannical taxes on the global population. I do disagree still as I have yet to see any evidence that these levels of global warming, even influenced by the human element, is indeed a natural occurring event that is simply being blown out of proportion. However, I do believe that the conspiracy is half right and that the high elite are using it as an excuse to press there thumbs down on the common man.

I don't see why there is such a resistance to being, whats being referred to as, "green". Some of the worst things I have heard from christians usually follow along the lines of, "God put these resources on the Earth for humanity to use, and it will always be plentiful." or simply "I don't give a # about the environment!" Why? Why the resistance? I mean the Earth (Terra) is practically... no not practically, she is our Mother. You wouldn't slap your own mother in the face would you? Then why so carelessly abuse all that she has provided for you. Makes me sad really, when people say things like that, because its just like they're insulting my own mum!

And as coincidence theorists or Christian why not change your ways anyway? Better safe than sorry and if you believe in a god then why not respect the world it gave you? Is it really so hard? Dad would complain about having to sort the garbage or building a compost area, or that its more expensive than just having to take it to the dump, but whats your excuse, whats our excuse? Is it really that difficult to make some small changes for the betterment of society as a whole, really!?

Anyway I leave this for your discussion along with this video:

*RE-PHRASED: "...yet to see any evidence that global warming is indeed a natural occurring event..." SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION!

[edit on 20-9-2009 by GenLo]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Have you ever considered that periods of global warming and periods of global cooling might just be part of the Earths natural cycles?

Kinda like the up coming polar shift. The earths poles flip every 12 to 15 thousand years... Can't blame mankind for that one can ya?

It is a natural event in my opinion.... I mean... Cows burp more green house gases than cars but I don't hear anyone calling for the genocide of beef....

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
GLOBAL WARMING IS NOT A HOAX. HOWEVER, MAN'S CONTRIBUTION IS OVERRATED. AFTER REASSESSING THE DATA, NASA HAD TO CONCEDE THAT THE WARMEST YEARS OF THE 20TH CENTURY WERE IN THE 1930S. FURTHER, WHY DID THE SURFACE TEMPS OF OUR NEIGHBORING PLANETS RISE ALSO? NO SUVS THERE... NO FARTING COWS ON MARS. SUNSPOT AND SOLAR ACTIVITY ARE MORE LIKELY THE CULPRIT.
DON'T GET ME WRONG, WE SHOULD BE GOOD STEWARTS OF THE EARTH, BUT "CLIMATE CHANGE" IS ONGOING AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN.
WE KNOW OF AT LEAST 3 PREVIOUS ICE AGES THAT WE CAN DOCUMENT, AND CERTAINLY CROMAGNAN AND NEANDETRHAL MAN DIDN'T BURN ENOUGH WOOD TO HEAT THE ENTIRITY OF THE EARTH...FURTHER, THIS WAS ONE OF THE MILDEST SUMMERS I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED IN NC. DIDN'T RUN THE AC ALL SUMMER AND WAS USING A BLANKET IN EARLY JULY AND EARLY SEPTEMBER. COMMON SENSE MAKES ME WANT TO SPANK AL GORE.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

It is not called Global Warming anymore.

It is called Global Climate change.

I wonder why they changed that. Google global average temperature and take the average of those. Stats can be manipulated. Just my 2 trillion dollars=2cents

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

You appear to be using christianity as a spring-board for being pro "green".

May I suggest reading up a little more on the issue.
Just science. Facts, data. No religious profundity.

www.wnho.net...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I believe in climate change, but not as a sole result of Man's actions. As mentioned above we are coming to the end of an Ice Age, the ice is supposed to melt. Man's crime against the planet is not the plundering of its resources or the poising of the air and water, it is the ignorance and arrogance with which Man treats the earth. The planet is essentially a living thing, it is constantly moving, cycles of behavior are followed. All this has happened before and will again!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
No, the icecaps are getting smaller, small enough for passage of cargo ships.

We know carbon dioxide and methane are greenhouse gases, therefore precautionary measures are required whether you accept the evidence of man-made global warming, or not!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Global warming is the new religion. All religions start out with a good old doomsday prediction and THEY have the answer on how to redeem our sins and find light at the end of the tunnel.

Science and reason play no part in it. The mind of the GWist WILL NOT accept anything that doesn't match the prophesies of the GW doctrine. Whenever I show anything to a GWist to counter their "truth", they dismiss because it comes from a "denialist" (heresy!).

Our society is lacking any spiritual direction right now and so many have adopted this as their new religion. You would have better luck talking reason to an extreme fundamentalist muslim than talking to these people with their newfound mission in life.

Sad.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
Have you ever considered that periods of global warming and periods of global cooling might just be part of the Earths natural cycles?

Kinda like the up coming polar shift. The earths poles flip every 12 to 15 thousand years... Can't blame mankind for that one can ya?

It is a natural event in my opinion.... I mean... Cows burp more green house gases than cars but I don't hear anyone calling for the genocide of beef....

Great its another individual who lives in a shell. Listen deary, yes it is a natural cycle, I and the several scientists are aware of that, whats not natural is what the human impact has placed on the ecosystem since the industrial revolution!

Let me ask you a question, have you ever looked at the evidence or the variables involved!?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The climate does seem to be changing, but I don't think man is the main cause. But I think we should minimise our environmental impact.

In the UK global warming and the environment has been used to to create and increase taxes. I can't see how giving the government more money saves the planet.

I realised that man made climate change was a load of hot air, when I see our leaders travelling around the world on visits and holidays.

Also how much damage does a B52 or B1B bomber, a C5 Galaxy transporter or a U2 spy plane do to the environment?
What about all the DU in Iraq and Afghanistan?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I have always maintained that the cause of "Climate Change" is not important, it is our action in response to it which is vital.

Personally, I can see validity in both the man-made and natural cycle arguments. The fact is, industry DOES affect climate and temperature. This has been seen in major urban areas for decades. The concrete raises the temperature in these locations, the buildings "hold" the pollutants closer to the ground, people become sick from it. Smog is not imaginary, chemicals in water is not imaginary, sewage on the coastlines is not imaginary.

Likewise, there is a mass of evidence to show that the Earth has gone through cycles throughout history. There is even more evidence coming to light now which suggests that a total polar shift is possible too. What used to be considered a wild suggestion made by the likes of Graham Hancock and others is now turning out to be possible.

The magnetic field is also proven to be changing. How would our use of fossil fuels cause that?
Other planetary bodies are shown to changing in temperature too, how did we cause that?
The Sun is increasing in activity, there is absolutely no way we have caused that.

Ultimately my thoughts always return to the same point. Our fault or not, we have to improve on the way we live on this planet. If we don't, we risk destroying our own species, not the Earth.
If there is a natural cycle I do believe that it will soon be made apparent, and a date will arise where this will reach a peak.

At the moment, for me, there is a lot of evidence to suggest that all of this is a part of a cycle that has happened many times before (and probably wiped species off the face of the Earth, destroyed civilizations, caused global destruction...) and it's about to happen again.
And I am leaning towards it being related to the Mayan calendar and 2012.
It is possible that a planetary alignment could shift the Earth's mantle (being witnessed now in the increase in Earthquakes, the proven change in Magnetic North etc.).

But, whatever the cause or the consequence, it is not acceptable for Humans to simply dismiss their responsibilities to this planet for religious reasons, arrogance, greed or ignorance. There is no doubt that our actions on this planet hurt us, it, and many other species, natural cycle or not.
It is not acceptable to claim that global warming is a scam simply to allow the continued rape of this planet.

Whatever the cause is, we have to change as a species.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
While I believe there is climate change it is interesting to note that the US just experienced on of the coolest dummers on record.

NOAA: Summer 2009 was 34th coolest on record, more than 2,000 record lows recorded

Doesnt mean we should not make efforts to reduce the human effect on the environment, but I dont think we should go overboard with such efforts.

[edit on 9/20/2009 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Sorry it appeared that way, it was just personal input.

Quite the website though, after reading some of the articles I can't help but stay close to the same question that has been with me since I first heard of global warming, "What is humanities impact on the environment?" What does our population and our way of life mean for a planet when in just 100 years our population springs from just over 1 billion to almost 7 billion, exponential growth of C02 in our atmosphere far beyond the usual pattern, and the gross species extinction rate!?

We have the technology and the means to change things and allow our planet to support this kind of growth but its something that needs to be implemented, and no I don't mean by taxation, I mean innovation.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gamma MO

Its not like I go out to preach about it, other than living a cleaner life which we should be doing regardless and to produce less waste.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I have never seen global warming discussed with a religeous point. I don't think science and religion have met in the middle as of yet. But to make sure you understand what is happening, it a cycle. yes it did get warmer. Just as it did in the past. And guess what? I will make a prediction that I assure you will come true. It will get cooler again, and then one day, it will get warmer again. Does that mean we get a free pass to polute the earth? no. that would be stupid to think that. But some real dumb people are making global warming a political issue when it's not. It's just a cycle. A hint of where to look for evidence would be climatic charts over the past 100,000 years. If I gave them to you, it would seem biased. But if you find them on your own, you might actually believe them.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

Indeed! I work in the Air Force and around tons of "high pollutant" machines every day. I mean its astonishing just how much fuel is burned after one shift! We have these vehicles called 60K Tunners and they really are most foul I can't even imagine what kind of mileage they get.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

EXACTLY!
Well put.

I am not denying the existence of such cycles, but maybe I just don't understand? When the choral reefs die I guess after the cycle is over there will be a steady build up of new reefs and it turns out the sort of thing is common afterward.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Global warming? I'm more worried about global freezing in canada!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I have found them on my own thank you. I have already stated why I am still firmly stuck in my belief.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
We know carbon dioxide and methane are greenhouse gases, therefore precautionary measures are required whether you accept the evidence of man-made global warming, or not!

Water vapor is a huge greenhouse gas, should we limit that as well?

I don't follow your logic, regardless of if mankind is the cause of Global warming, you contend that our actions could stop it? I have news for you, if it is a true natural cycle Climate Change, there is nothing that Mankind will be able to do to stop it or even change it. Do you think we could prevent another Ice Age?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join