It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the cookie crumble where should we meet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I was thinking, if the wors does happen, shouldnt we have a meeting place?
I thinks it is important at least if the power goes out and we lose comunication, big cities fall, maybe if would be nice to have a location where we could all go to meet, might give you hope in tough time to know that there is someplace to go or to try to get too.

I have no idea where, i would think there should be more than one spot maybe.

If the sht does hit the fan, i owuldnt want to be in a city where everyone is out for themselves. think of it, as soon as power goes down... rampage and looting begins.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Strange, I spend a few brief minutes thinking about something like this last night. However, what are the chances of being in comunication with fellow ATS'ers with no internet? Very slim, I reckon.

There's also the problem of the different nationalies; - there's the American 'section', the UK 'section', the Mainland Europe 'section' and many others. Seems like we'd need different meeting places and probably even smaller 'sections' in each country.

I agree the countryside would seem like the wisest choice. We'd also need provisions etc.

In all honestly, I don't see it happening - too much organisation needed. - Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see it happen but it seems like we're just not organised enough.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
im not saying organized im saying if ou needede to get out of town we could all head for someplace no need for communication. People from different places knwo their countries knwo their own geography, i live in canada, so anywhere in north america would be nice.

I would say not near great lakes setting alocation near a lake isnt a good idea with the global warming and all. But should have like priority meeting Like meeting place a,b,c try for place A first ect.

Someplace that would give us a hope in the worst.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I absolutely agree....maybe it could work
just thinking about it does give a certain amount of hope. And it would be good to meet up with people who have a certain amount of knowledge of the topics that ATS carries.

I wanna say that I'd head to higher ground but only if it had sufficient cover (trees, etc). I wonder how many folks here are from Scotland

I just have no idea where to start thinking about this......

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Global Warming
Global Warming
Global Warming
Global Warming

If you are in Canada you are in a good location. 1 bear can feed a man for 6 months. 1 deer can feed a man for 1 month. People lived off the land for thousands of years.

I think I am in a good location. Not saying. But kind of relative to the OP. Get away from Metro areas. Go to areas that are remote with lots of natural food resources and get a couple of nature books on edible plants if you do not know about that. Ever eat a pine tree, some parts are edible.

About your Global Warming, TPTB have already given up on that name. The average tempatures have dropped steadily for the past 7 years. They call it Global Climate Change now because it is a lie to tax everyone to death.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
if climate change is a lie then why are the ice caos melting exponentially faster than ever in history, polar bear are dying more from drowning than ever befor.. My mother lives near james bay area, the climat is different there there are lots of elders who can attest to it.

Global warmin climate change whatever you want to call it, its easy to say its not real when you live no where near the places being affected now.

Anyways, I agree, highground and natural food.

IDK killing a bear might be a rough way to feed yourself though, I think a bear would kick my a$$. Snaring rabbits might be a little easier. haha.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The problem with a public meeting place is simple. If everyone knows where it is, and you are fleeing if SHTF, then they wouldn't have to chase you. They would already know where you were going.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by oneinthesame

That thought had crossed my mind.....

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
if climate change is a lie then why are the ice caos melting exponentially faster than ever in history, polar bear are dying more from drowning than ever befor.. My mother lives near james bay area, the climat is different there there are lots of elders who can attest to it.

well its certainly not caused by man. its all just a cycle. how many ice ages do you think we've been in.

Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says

NASA Study Acknowledges Solar Cycle, Not Man, Responsible for Past Warming

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Doubtful. After the power went out during Hurricane Ike there was a even stronger sense of community where I lived. We all helped each other out and shared.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Why not establishing a radio network?

You could say if SHTF, were all going to meet on air on frequency such and such on short, middle or long wave.
Just pick a frequency and a bandwith, test it thoroughly a few times (by contacting other ATSers via radio.
If its some EMP event which will prevent radio signals from beeing emitted, we should be able to morse, even if it is with a frigging torch and a blanket

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Would it be a good idea to create some kind of other group? I don't mean another forum but what about regional ATS groups/meets. I realise this is risky what with the number of crazy folks out there - I know I'd be a bit reluctant to go meet a bunch of folks that I don't know. maybe something to think about?

A radio frequency sounds good for those who know how.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I've been talking it over with a few of my friends to start up an independent malitia group because our own government will be the cause of a new revolution/civil war in my opinion. I think a safehaven meetup in different rural areas would work best.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Talk to friends and relatives that have land outside the cities.

Ppl you trust with your life.

If you can find any that are "awake" make a plan for bugout plan A
at their rural location.

Have a plan B at least, in a further rural location if things spread
to your plan A location, ie. a fall back point.

Have most supplies well hidden out of sight perhaps even buried
at or near both sites. Do some research on what works and what
doesn't and do not assume anything.

Have a primary route to these location and at least one backup
route to these locations.

Have a plan for vehicle break down, preposition and cache supplies
at the locations, maybe a survival amount halfway on the route.

In other words if you end up walking it out, some hidden food
and basic essentials half way sure would be nice.

Check out special forces caching techniques, it works well if you do it well.

As far as all of us meeting someplace, that is probably a bad idea
as we are scattered all over the earth.

Good Luck !

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas

Global warmin climate change whatever you want to call it, its easy to say its not real when you live no where near the places being affected now.

Anyways, I agree, highground and natural food.

IDK killing a bear might be a rough way to feed yourself though, I think a bear would kick my a$$. Snaring rabbits might be a little easier. haha.

As one poster explained most of the warming is occurring due to the sun.

As for food consider getting a heirloom seed pack, and also consider
some giant golden amaranth as it is a complete protein.

Store some cheap food now like rice in a water tight bucket with
some O2 absorber, read the directions.

Get a Ruger 10-22 and several thousand rounds of ammo.

Squirrel, Rabbit, and other small game will feed you a fair bit.

If you can live trap rabbit they reproduce very fast, but make sure
and read the books on raising rabbits because it is not as easy
as one might think.

Focus on the 5 core items for survival.

1) ways to make pure water indefintiely, solar still, etc etc.

2) shelter, mobile and stationary, and from natural woodland materials.

3) self defense, fire arms, hand held, and how to repair and maintain.

4) stored food, wild edible plants, snaring and hunting, gardening,
get some heirloom seeds.

5) knowledge - know all you can about the above and about dealing
with ppl that may want to take all your goods, know all you can about
surviving in all war time conditions including fallout.

There is a website listed here on ATS that has all the military manuals
and they are a good start, as is the SAS survival guide.

The survival forums here have a lot of good info as well, but make sure
and cross verify it elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by XHellcatX

I agree the countryside would seem like the wisest choice.

The rising problem with that statement is this....this is the same idea that the majority of people have. I have not seen too many stating that they would rather stay in the city the whole time. It will get to the point where even rural outposts will have to be protected from those leaving the cities.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by XHellcatX

i am with you. lets form meetup groups in local areas. call them discussion groups. call them anything. organize them as survival groups and have people teach about survival techniques. make it free for our members.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

They already have this in my area....what you described sounds just like a militia...just call it what it is.....no sense in beating around the bush!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wherever we are....just wear your ATS t-shirt as identification.......we do have t-shirts don't we?

And when you meet someone...just use the code phrase...the motto...and if someone recognizes it...well, maybe you have a bud----but it could be a foe, too.

How the heck do you expect to have a meet up place? If shtf there will be lockdown in cities and also quarrantine. Or maybe the riots and looting as you say. Do you have MS-13 in your area? Watch out!

Then again, *they* may nuke the polar ice caps and we will have tsunamis and water rapidly rising at shorelines. So how could you even begin to establish a meeting place?

And then Yellowstone could blow, too. You wouldn't want it to be your fault that you invited everyone to Montana, now would you?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Meeting Place Durango, In South Colorado State-(Just above-New Mexico State) 10pm Every Wednesday-Friday -Sunday. at the Mc Donalds.

Where a back shirt or top. We'll find you.

I'll have a grey/Blackwhite Cap with Sharks on it!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join