It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Read The Disclaimer First.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
****Disclaimer****

Before continuing to read through this thread, you agree not to post any responses that may be offensive to any group of people. You agree that you will not make any political, religious or ethnic statements about non-Christians, non-Whites, non-Heterosexuals which may be deemed inappropriate or derogatory. In other words, if you wish to be treated fairly as a minority, make sure you do not view the needs of the majority. If you do not agree to the following, please leave the thread now and ignore all further posts within.

****Disclaimer End***

Before I continue, please be mindful that it is not my intention to offend anyone and I am sorry in advance if I manage to do so. I am sorry if any of my words are taken the wrong way and are seen as biased against others. If I present statistics and factual data pertaining to non-Christians, non-Whites, non-Heterosexuals, I will only mention ones that are positive in nature.

I will also be very mindful that the mere mention of ANY piece of information from a past negative event insinuates that I agree with what happened in the past and support the ideology behind it. In order to avoid this happening, I will only make statements that support or are bias in favour of those who were the victims of these negative events. If I do accidentally say something negative or simply neutral, I agree to go have counselling on the matter so that I will become more sensitive to the group of people that suffered.

Keep in mind that I will not use quotes from The Bible because Atheists might find some of the information offensive. I will not use quotes from the Talmud that encourage behaviour that is not consistent with Judaism because this might be offensive. I will not quote verses from the Quaran that encourage behaviour that is not consistent with Islam because this might be offensive.

I will continuously acknowledge the wrongs that my past ancestors perpetrated against non-Christians, non-Whites and non-Heterosexuals. I will not acknowledge the wrongs that were done and continue to be down to those not belonging to one of the previous categories.

Please keep in mind that it is not my intention to incite violence or hate towards anyone. I do not want to upset or offend anyone else. I think that my opinions should be taken with a grain of salt because I really do not want to hurt anybody's feelings

Now that I have made that clear, I hope you enjoy the following topic:

In the odd chance my post is seen as offensive to at least ONE other individual, I have decided not to comment on the matter. Thank you for your time and I hope we can work together to bring more love to this world. For those who do not believe in love, I am sorry for mentioning the noun. This was NOT a personal attack on those who don't believe in love. I will try to be even more careful in the future.

[edit on 19/9/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I am an anarchist and am deeply offended by your Thread/Post!

S&F

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
What an outrage!

How dare you post in English!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Excellent post even while it is the saddest thing I've read in some time.

Please note that I claim responsibility for every word I say. I learned a long time ago to say what I mean and mean what I say. I'm afraid that my willingness to speak it like I see it may offend someone. To that someone I say, grow up.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
While the sarcasm of the OP is noted (and enjoyed to some extent), the point here should be that the appropriate personal response to another person's offense is that they have chosen to be offended. Offense is in the full control of the offended and therefore can only be eliminated by their choice.

I'm not giving up my freedom to express myself in whatever way I choose simply because some one else chooses to be offended.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
P.S. I'm also not giving up my right to choose to be offended. It's just that I'm a big girl and know that's my own personal problem when I so choose to feel that way. I'm not going to demand of anyone that they recant a statement that offends me. I'll just shake their dust of my shoes and truck on down the road.

[edit on 9-19-2009 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I apologize for taking up the space I do, the air I breathe and the food I eat. If I did not exist, someone else could use those resources.

And I apologize for this apology since it takes up space on the server and the content may modify the feelings of the reader in negative ways.

I am so sorry.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the supportive replies guys
My intention for making this thread was not to get the admins/mods angry, but simply to voice my frustration with the increasingly high level of political correctness that is being pushed on us by society. I am glad at least some ATS members can appreciate where I am coming from. I certainly am not advocating racism, homophobia or religious intolerance; I am trying to point out how some minorities are protected even when hey say things offensive about the majority. It should work both ways.

Moreover, people with true freedom of speech should not have to bite their tongues or write a paragraphs worth of disclaimers before they speak or type. Of course some people cross the line and do that, but most people are reasonable and know when something they say might be controversial. But the more false claims of prejudice that appear, the more likely real discrimination will not be recognised.

[edit on 19/9/2009 by Dark Ghost]

top topics

join