It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is for Ignorant Fools, not ATS.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
It is real life.It can be translated into real life.

How would you feel if blacks robbed you and raped you and your wife and your daughter?

You would feel intense hatred and loathing.Would you not?

Am I right or am I right?

So if whites, latinos, asians, gays, conservatives, liberals, etc. robbed and raped my wife and daughter, I should hate anyone who is like them? Shallow, limited, simplistic, illogical thinking....

So, you are WRONG! Your ignorance is DENIED!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It's a real shame there are so many tea party members on ATS. I know MANY in this so called movement and all they do half the day is drop n-bombs. It's like taking the KKK and putting a nice facade on it and allowing it to go full bore public. It's as if they are all secretly winking at each other as they project their hate under the guise of a legitimate cause. I am not fooled. It is clever in that sense but nothing more. Keeping an eye on them would be the first step to squashing racism on ATS.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

ENOUGH OF THIS!!!

What if the sky was orange and it rained nails and chocolate milk?

Your are veering way off topic.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

How would you feel if blacks robbed you and raped you and your wife and your daughter?

Well that clinches it ... most ignorant statement to date.

Should any such situation ever arise I would hope that your first concern would be for your loved ones. Any hatred, if any, would be directed at the specific people and not their race, and even then most find it in themselves to forgive and move on rather than be consumed by hate.

If more people felt like you no nation would ever move past any war and no people would move past any oppression and slavery.

Let me make this perfectly clear ...

You couldn't be more wrong on the wrongest hour of the wrongest day of the wrongest year.

Unreal!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
all the white folks on this board probably live in nice little white neighborhoods. wouldn't catch them walking down a road after dark in a black neighborhood. you can say you ain't rascist but you're just lying to yourself. all races prefer to be around their own kind. the ignorant fools are the ones that can't look around them and see the truth.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ColdSteel

You wouldn't catch me walking down a crystal-meth infested trailer park either ...

What's your point?

There are socio-economic reasons that there are depressed neighborhoods, and all cultures have them ... they are surely not because of skin tone, though often skin tone and cultural differences are the very cause of their economic plight.

Typical to use an example of a culture that finds itself in economic plight partly due to racial hatred, against them.

[edit on 18 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ColdSteel

the ignorant fools are the ones that can't look around them and see the truth.

truer words were never spoken

I would make a point of explaining what I meant - but - that would make this personal

and that is against the rules

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

How would you feel if blacks robbed you and raped you and your wife and your daughter? You would feel intense hatred and loathing.Would you not?

Thats very funny, come and join us in BTS, your wit is astounding and your humour would fit in well there.
You just made me spit my morning coffee with laughter.

...whats was that SO, theyre serious?

zazz moonwalks outa this thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

wow. no. i wouldn't feel hatred and loathing.

but, i would feel the same way if anyone robbed me, raped me, raped my wife, raped my daughter .....

i'd feel as poor as i do now, and perhaps a little sore, depending upon the specifics of how i was raped.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It just happened again in the "don't call me a racist" thread - a poster claims "blacks are genetically intellectually inferior to whites" and in the next line claims "I am not a racist"

Hello?!?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

this is just ...silly?

in addition to other things

Children can detect from the age of 2 that blacks are blacks and different from them. That is why blacks and whites segregate into groups.

seriously - esecallum - we're trying to have a real discussion here - and this is neither the time or the place for you to try and recruit

your argument is what exactly?

cut to the chase

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Hi Stormdancer,

I must admit that I dont post on the threads that degrade the way I mentioned in my previous post. What happens generally is that people get hung up on the insiteful post and the thread doesnt end up getting back to the original topic. Then the mods come and close it. LOL, I dont even know its been closed until someone posts a new topic wondering why the original thread was closed.

If I do post in a thread that has a "touchy" topic, I only do so to give a different perspective or to help someone understand something. I did find a thread that had a really good example from a while back, but it was closed and I can no longer access it.

link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
The American people elect a black President yet at the same time there is a rise in "subtly phrased racism"?

Of course this "intensely hateful political environment" has only existed in the last year. (Since Mr. Obama was elected?)

We all know that President Bush was treated very well here on ATS for the previous 8 years.
President Bush was regulary called a "Chimp" right here on ATS. Can you imagine if someone called Mr. Obama the same? I never saw a reminder warning us not to make fun of Bush because he was a white guy from Texas.

Hating Mr. Obama's policies is not racist, and hoping he fails for the sake of the country is also not racist.

ATS has gone out of it's way to protect Mr. Obama, and this "reminder" is just more proof.

I agree with what you said and I had read a recent article by Anne Coulter of all people, someone I can take her or leave her but what she said was dead on the nail. I think we HEAR the WORDS Racist and bigotry SO much and so often and usually are the programmed response to ANYONE that dis-agrees with you.

No one is denying someone else’s ignorance, anymore than that someone else’s thinks he is denying yours. It’s ALWAYS the other guys ignorance being denied just like it is always the other driver that is at fault.

Knowing humans do this and for some of the most silly reasons, risking property, jail, I know some people have died denying the so called ignorance of the other driver in a fit of road rage. It took a court room and a jury to decide who the ignorant one was and he STILL denied his own, as his being the ignorance at fault.

The forceful disclaimers and holds harmless statements made in Skeptics post I have interpreted to mean the following:

No more racism! Ok I get that and all you racist people KNOW who you are! Don't they? Yeah theirs the rub.

What is racism? Oooops not allowed to ask that as Skeptic assumes he knows we all know what it is and are only asking for an argument to get more latitude for the continuation of said racism. So if I can't ask the question, Ill ask you one,

If someone from another culture, another country who hasn't caught up to the latest politically correct "slanguage" that is currently "acceptable" to those the old words were changed for or whose feelings it hurt, regardless of the true meaning of the word or the meaning you may or may not place on it. Words are NOT racism Context and how they are used IS.

So this man uses the word "Negro" instead of "Black"

Is he racist?

Many here would think so, and many here would also think they are denying my ignorance too but not knowing the guy is from Trinidad and IS black himself, loves being black and is only using the word he uses at home would be the REAL ignorance behind our thinking.\

Although we are told the mods are specially keen to the subtlest of racism, if that were true, we wouldn't be arguing about it and Skeptic could have just said Don't debate anyone who is Gay, Don't say anything about anyone who is Black, and don't argue with anyone who is a democrat, because after reading THIS, if the accusation for being racist and / or a bigot weren't extraordinarily over used and superfluous to posts where no such commentary is necessary lately, Just wait till you see the accusations leveled at everyone now!

How many here have asked the person you are calling a racist or bigot if they are Black or Gay themselves? Not everyone is a racist because they disagree with a President who also happens to be black. Not all Gays believe their lifestyle is without sin and should attack Christianity. We have no ideas the color of those whom we speak and what kind of prejudice does ANYONE have to assume we are all straight white people here?

And if anyone here can admit to even some of that, then a discussion may be less costly in post bans, hard feelings or that the mods are seen as only for the liberals or who ever etc.

Just because someone calls you a racist, does that mean that person is right? Seems a discussion is in order there also.

This place reminds me of the online game world where behind the agenda for the creators of hacks and cheats, there in the readme file of one of the most popular cheats was the "boters credo” That said if you are accused of cheating DENY DENY DENY then, ridicule the accuser with extreme prejudice at every opportunity until he either becomes one or leaves the game. When you see someone accusing another of cheating and that cheater uses the botters credo to ridicule the accuser, always come to the aid of the other cheater as if he was accusing you and use as much hatred and anger as you can mock up."

What this did was create an environment where accusing someone of cheating was a bigger risk than actually using a hack to cheat.

Cheating became the norm and those games where hundreds of thousands of players were online at any given time, died along with the revenue, and enjoyment of playing.

I don't see anymore bigotry or racism then there was that Got Obama elected. What I see is, opportunists, using his race to level unwarranted accusations for racism by racist's themselves.

Skeptic Overload may enjoy the usual yes men that all say HERE HERE! "Thank YOU!" by the same mod wannabe's that even if they didn't agree to a word of it, won't just pass on making a post but post that and the brown on their noses when I believe if his intention are good and I am certain they are, because this is after all HIS enterprise, then if I were him I would want to hear an honest opinion if what I am saying or doing is in the best interests of all members.

I think many of the times I see someone resort to allegations of those they can not beat in a debate with facts, resort to what surely will become the new "cheat" in debate to win by allegation the crime of bigotry and racism when the only thing that person may be guilty of is denying the ignorance of his accuser.

Where I come from, Due Process is the RULE and conjecture, speculation, mind reading, etc, would be an egregious exception to that rule.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Stylez]

link   

I dare say if you were stripped of your mod cons like your burgher, tv, clothes, dvd player and ipod you would revert to savagery very quickly too

you can dare say it ....

but i know from personal experience that you would be wrong.

but then again, your only basis for reference has always been yourself, and what you know of yourself. perhaps therein lies the foundation of your flawed logic.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This cannot be that hard to understand.......

Racism and bigotry focuses on and revolves around the person and/or groups of people.

Intelligent discussion, debate, and criticism focuses and revolves around the actions and policies of the person and/or groups of people.

In other words, quit hating on the people and focus on their actions. The actions are what matter; the way the people look or who they pray to doesn't.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Should any such situation ever arise I would hope that your first concern would be for your loved ones. Any hatred, if any, would be directed at the specific people and not their race, and even then most find it in themselves to forgive and move on rather than be consumed by hate.

If more people felt like you no nation would ever move past any war and no people would move past any oppression and slavery.

Let me make this perfectly clear ...

You couldn't be more wrong on the wrongest hour of the wrongest day of the wrongest year.

Unreal!

Yeap you would be talking to the very mindset I was talking about on my post and another thing shrod! I am actually starting to like you.

Good Post !

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColdSteel
all races prefer to be around their own kind. the ignorant fools are the ones that can't look around them and see the truth.

Most newly arrived ethnic groups prefer the company of those who both speak the language and have the same social mores as the country they arrived from.

It doesn't take many generations for that to dissipate unless the greater society around them decides to cause problems for various reasons. When that happens, we see enclaves within cities. Invariably, the problems are based on ideas such as 'immigrants stealing jobs' or what have you.

Sometimes such enclaves survive because the ethnic groups prefer to hang onto the customs and language of their home country. Go to any major city and look for Chinatown. Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing is debatable. For myself, I enjoy visiting the Greek, Vietnamese or Portuguese sections of a city, both for their restaurants and the stores which sell products from those countries

To say that "races prefer to be around their own kind" is a fallacy simply because, imho, there are no 'races', only nations.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
well... saying that racism is ignorance and calling racists stupid or ignorant and insisting on "banning" racism is pretty much fighting intolerance with... intolerance which nevertheless makes you intolerant also.

So an intolerant arguing against intolerance now THAT is stupid.

Not to mention that its a clear violation of people's right - to think for themselves and to have our own singular opinion and mindset.

Now its your right to be a racist. If you dont like other races or "breeds" so what? Who am I to tell anyone what to think? I cant go around preaching my own opinion and tell everyone to think as I do just because I think I'm on the right side of the fence.

Everyone has their right to be a racist, to be intolerant towards homosexuals, to discriminate drug addicts, to be pro eugenics, to hate jews christians or muslims, to hate french cars and to despise Intel and Microsoft. Why do I have to be forced into something I dont like?

I'm tolerant towards intolerance, I think that everyone has their right to like or dislike whatever they want and feel like. We are still free to think for ourselves regarding every subject.

How would it be if everyone liked yellow?

Our richness is in our diversity, colors, mindsets etc...

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join