It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad: Confronting Israel is a national duty, Holocaust was a "lie"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Ahmadinejad: Confronting Israel is a national duty, Holocaust was a "lie"

www.haaretz.com

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Friday the Holocaust was a "lie" and a pretext to create a Jewish state that Iranians had a religious duty to confront.

"The pretext (Holocaust) for the creation of the Zionist regime (Israel) is false ... It is a lie based on an unprovable and mythical claim," he told worshippers at Tehran University at the end of annual anti-Israel Quds Day rally.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

"Confronting the Zionist regime is a national and religious duty," the Iranian president said.

Ahmadinejad's critics say his fiery anti-Western speeches and questioning of the Holocaust have isolated Iran, which is at odds with the West over its disputed nuclear program.

The hard-line president warned leaders of Western-allied Arab and Muslim countries about dealing with Israel.

"This regime [Israel] will not last long. Do not tie your fate to it?. This regime has no future. Its life has come to an end," he said in the speech broadcasted live on state radio.

Mr. C R A Z Y

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

[edit on 9/18/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I do not worry that much about "national duty" part. This thing political games can fix. "Religion duty" part is much more scarier and can be used to justify military option.
He really wants Israeli strike on Iran, this is what i conclude after long consideration.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
I do not worry that much about "national duty" part. This thing political games can fix. "Religion duty" part is much more scarier and can be used to justify military option.
He really wants Israeli strike on Iran, this is what i conclude after long consideration.

he is talking like he wants war

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Mod Note: Please do not edit out mod edits.

Thank You.

[edit on 9/18/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnL

Yeah and so are the Israelis!

They are both as bad as each other!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

"The pretext (Holocaust) for the creation of the Zionist regime (Israel) is false ...

Gee I wonder why those words are in parentheses?

Could it be Haaretz is a little biased in filling in the blanks?

This is nothing but more vilification of the enemy in preparation for an attack.

Transparent effort at that.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
phew! I'm glad reuters & haaretz were there to include little ()'s that interperet his speech for us!

What pretext is he referring to? Is it _actually_ the holocaust?

This seems like more anti-iranian fantasy and manipulation just like the mistranslated "wipe isreal from the face of the map" quote.

I'm more inclined to think he is referring to the illegitimacy of the world powers stealing land away from the "disorganized tribes" or to some inherent god-given right to the land like he has done numerous times.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'd just like to point out that the source is Israeli. Until it is backed up by a verified, reputable western print I suggest we take the source with as salt as we take our Pravda.

That being said, assuming the quote is not grossly out of context or outright false, those are some heavy words. My boss has high connections in Iran, I'll see what I can dig up.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I disagree. Israel is just as an enemy to Iran POLITICALLY, as Iran is to Israel. Sure. Iran does nasty things to Israel via proxies on Israeli border, Israel does nasty things to Iran in international relationships and economics. Both are not angels.
However Israel never,ever declared that it is RELIGIOUS enemy to Iran. This is huge difference.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This was reported by Reuters with the ()'s

ca.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
By the way, link to non-Israeli source. Indeed it does not say the same phrases, but the topics were clearly the same.
www.presstv.ir...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
I'd just like to point out that the source is Israeli. Until it is backed up by a verified, reputable western print I suggest we take the source with as salt as we take our Pravda.

That being said, assuming the quote is not grossly out of context or outright false, those are some heavy words. My boss has high connections in Iran, I'll see what I can dig up.

more sources

news.xinhuanet.com...

www.nytimes.com...

www.swissinfo.ch...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.euronews.net...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by polit
This was reported by Reuters with the ()'s

ca.reuters.com...

Of course, because Ahmadinejad never said those words.

I don't expect US (or any "western") media to be any less biased by the way.

I fully expect the blogosphere and MSM echo chamber to drop the parentheses and "run with it".

We got to kill us some "eye-ranian ragheads".

[edit on 18 Sep 09 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
First I would like to point out that translating Farsi (the Iranian language) is not an easy thing. For instance there are many words in Spanish that have no close approximation in English. You can pick the very closest word in English to try to define that word from Spanish but it has no where near the same meaning in English to someone who speaks both Spanish and English. There for taking that approximated translation as a precise meaning of intent and clarity is a false positive.

Assuming that the translation from Farsi to English or Farsi to Hebrew to English is indicative of what was really said and meant in Farsi in this case is a dangerous leap as far as using it as a true measure of meaning, clarity and intent.

The fact that it is being reported by an Israeli publication known to distort the truth is even more circumspect to say the least.

It becomes even more so in a rhetorical war of words that for the most part Israel is continuing to wage against Iran and not Iran against Israel.

All that aside.

One 'confronts' their wife about having an affair.
One 'confronts' their husband about needing to go on a diet
One 'confronts' their child on the need to do their homework

It could all so be said this one, confronts those who spread propaganda for the reason of creating fear and war mongering.

Historically it has been proven that History is full of distortions because the victors and those in power often get to rewrite exactly what happened and why. Anyone who actually believes the Holocaust was precisely what anyone's History Books has to say from the Neo Nazi's to the State of Israel is doubtlessly laboring under a false assumption.

In addition all the key players and movers and shakers of that time period are long dead, and none of them are known to have been entirely honest men from Roosevelt, to Churchill, DeGaulle and Stalin, each admitted in their lifetime to omitting and exaggerating facts in order to prompt their citizenry to fight or continue to fight a very devastating war.

The myth of the Holocaust, and many things have in fact been proven myths like soap made out of human fat, and lamp shades made out of human skin, etc., etc., are just that historically and factually...myths.

Historically there is no denying that the Israeli State, Zionists, Jews and some Western Christian Governments cite the Holocaust as a pretext, or consideration for allowing the Israeli State broad leeway under International Law.

As a Nuclear Armed Israel that did so without approval or oversight of any International Body muses over the dangers of an Iran achieving the same and it's possible ramifications while continually and constantly declaring a clear intent to launch a military operation against Iran based on it's belief that Iran is on the threshold of arming themselves with Nuclear Weapons in the very same fashion that the Israeli State itself did...and once again citing the Holocaust as a means to launch an aggressive, 'preemptive' war that will kill innocent people, drive oil prices through the roof, and only serve to make the world a more dangerous place...

PERHAPS ITS TIME WE ALL CONFRONTED ISRAEL ON THE TRUTH OF THE HOLOCAUST!

[edit on 18/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Ah he's at it again.

Just like two tough guys on the block. They both want to fight each other but neither is willing to start it. One starts hurling your momma insults at the other to goad him into throwing the first punch. See where I am going with this?

He wants Israel to strike first so he can go on the world stage and yell "They started it!" and that he's the victim here in turn villifying the Israelis. And many in the world will see it that way giving them justification for whatever is on their agenda. Age old ploy at work here folks.

Hopefully more mature heads will prevail.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

phew! I'm glad reuters & haaretz were there to include little ()'s that interperet his speech for us!

What pretext is he referring to? Is it _actually_ the holocaust?

Hilarious.

I presume it's the same 'pretext' he refers to within the first 15 seconds of this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=pZtSBl_4o4o

You can't reason someone out of a position they were never reasoned into.

ZIONIST PROPAGANDA! SHILL! CIA! MOSSAD! ALEX! RON! BUILDING 7! NWO!

Next?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wants war because I think he believes it will usher in the return of the 12 Imam. It is believed that no humans can force the imam to return but...

In Iran a little known (outside Iran) group called the "Hojjatieth" believe that humans can stir up chaos to encourage him to return. Mr Ahmadinejad has a fanatical belief in the return of the 12Th Imam and not only that he will return but he will return very soon. The beliefs of the Hojjatieh are a very convenient vehicle for his own beliefs.

The Iranian president wants war and I would go so far to say he will slap his thighs the moment the smart bombs start falling on his people.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
The Iranian president wants war ...

And the Jewish and Christian fundies don't?

Take off the blinders.
The "West" is pushing for war.
Iran is surrounded.

[edit on 18 Sep 09 by Gools]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join