It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash for kids in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Cash for kids in Japan

www.globalpost.com

In the country with the lowest birth rate in the world, the newly empowered Democratic Party of Japan has proposed a solution: pay to procreate.

As part of the manifesto that helped the DPJ rout the long-ruling Liberal Democratic Party in last month’s election, families will receive 26,000 yen (about $280) per month for each child through junior high school.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The above article is interesting to be sure, but I bring it to your attention in the context of a greater premise.

Namely that much in the way that many question the premise that global warning is man made we should also take the time to question the assumption upon which we base many conspiracy theories ... namely that world population keeps increasing exponentially and that the "ptb" wants to engage in population reduction.

Keeping in mind the plethora of conspiracy related topics regarding the who and why of "depopulation" and related nefariousness, I recently also ran acroos this fascinating counter-assessment:

Empty Playgrounds: Global Populations in Decline

I found it a fascinating an informative read, one that if accurate, would make a whole range of "depop" and "scarcity" premised conspiracy theories rather moot. And of course could by definition, create a plethora of new considerations and extrapolations.

On one hand we have:

www.census.gov...
en.wikipedia.org...

And on the other we have examples such as Japan and computations as outlined in the second cited article.

With the plethora of conflicting information out there, which is true and how does that impact our little conspiracy theories?

www.globalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
.... wow, I should move to Japan and sire an entire division of Sony !!!

They better put down their calculators and start knockin boots.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Actually the birth rate in the US has been below the rate of deaths in the US since about 1984. The only reason our US pop has grown is by immigration. Legal immigration per year has been around 2 million recently and illegal is a rough estimate of 2 million also. These numbers vary widely based on where you get your info.

Here is a conspiracy for you. Maybe we are allowing so many immigrants because the ovens have already been built. The ovens are the "1st world countries" with all of our meds, fluoride & chlorine water, gangs , highways, chemtrails, cancers, vaccines etc etc etc

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So in other words... They are starting their own WELFARE plan...

In 30 years they will be in the same state that the US is in...

Just my 2 cents...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well, i think that the birthrate in JApan has to do with the limited space the people live in.
In rural areas in J: birth rates are just normal. (i cant back this statement though, i think i just heard it somewhere).

Actually there isnt an overpopulation. Eearth can sustain 12 billion people right now. Its just badly distributed.

In fact all 6 billion people would fit into the state of Texas, leaving one square mile to every person to live in

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
So in other words... They are starting their own WELFARE plan...

Not exactly ... more of a literal stimulus package.

Basically they fear that they'll be underpopulated within a few generations, rather a strange consideration from an outsider's perspective as we are often bombarded of Japanese being stacked like sardines in tiny living quarters and struggling for open space.

Or perhaps their society needs more workers down the line I honestly don't know.

I just found it interesting that as some worry as to how the gov is going to "depopulate" them, what is in fact happening is precisely the opposite.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
They're not the first country to do this. The UK, France, Russia and many more have benefits and inducements to have babies. In one town in Russia, every couple that had a baby was given quite a substantial payment, help in getting a house AND a car!

This is one reason why I do not buy the "NWO" depopulation myth. If they wanted to depopulate, they could achieve this without any killing at all in two generations with simple "anti-inducements" to having babies.

The Earth can easily sustain a much larger population, as already stated. It is just the resources are unevenly distributed and often, ineffiencies, corruption and conflict stifle development.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
they should spend the money on asian school girl outfits then the problem would fix itshelf

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios
In fact all 6 billion people would fit into the state of Texas, leaving one square mile to every person to live in

Are you saying that a population of 6 billion people located in Texas would result in Texas having a population density of 1 person/sq mi?

I know a lot of Americans think Texas is big but it isn't that big. With a current (2008) population of ~24,327,000 its density is ~80 people/sq mi. 6 billion would be a density of around 22,320 people/sq mi.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by erwalker

Awesome perspective on the population issue. It is comforting to know that the entire world could fit into such a small space...makes me wonder who the hell owns all the other land we aren't using.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Another excellent thread SD!

S&F!

It never made sense to me that, when they can make sooo much money off the more people which exist, why any group of secret controllers would want to "reduce" the population.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
And what if the Japanese government goes bankrupt before your child finishes junior high?

top topics

join