It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, YOU too can easily create an all powerful God !!!! Don't believe me ? then read on ...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Good theory although I hate to see the mention o God brought into it.

You see, being omnipresent and omnipotent, God CLEARLY isn't bound by what we call physics and mathematics. So to give Him characteristics is an error.

Again, I'll give credit where credit is due. Good theory.

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Good theory although I hate to see the mention o God brought into it.

You see, being omnipresent and omnipotent, God CLEARLY isn't bound by what we call physics and mathematics. So to give Him characteristics is an error.

Again, I'll give credit where credit is due. Good theory.

A2D

Being an atheist of the highest order, I can't help but agree with you about dragging God into it.

But I did so because to me it was yet another potential contradiction in the wideheld belief referred to as christianity. After all, if science is proven correct in the theory of multiple universes bases on quantum theory and interactions, then I really see no easy way for the possibility of multiple copies of Jesus and God to be explained away.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by tauristercus]

[edit on 19-9-2009 by tauristercus]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Reply to post by tauristercus

but those are copies of ONE reality....

explain that away

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

but those are copies of ONE reality....

explain that away

But how do you determine a "copy universe" from the "original universe" it branched from ? Basically it's impossible to do.
In other words, you live in a universe that according to current scientific thought "branched" from an earlier universe in which a "decision" of some kind was made ... therefore you (and I) live in essentially one of those infinite "copy universes" ... and yet, i assume it feels perfectly "real and original" to you (as it does to me) ?
Assuming God exists and Jesus existed, they would be real in our universe as far as christianity is concerned ... but the odds are mathematically overwhelming that we're in a "copy universe", so our historical Jesus must be a copy of one that existed in the parent universe that ours branched away from ... and what would that imply about our God ... copy, as well ??

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

I'm a complete heathen but I was happy to go along with the god thing for the sake of the theory.

Speaking as someone who believes in parallel or alternative universes (not too good on the terminology, but I think we're all on the same page) I think there is a 'trick' to being the version of 'you' who steps into the universe where the correct decisions are made. Of course, that leaves an alternative you to live with the consequences of a bad decision.

I also believe that contact can be made between all the various versions of you. If you see it that you're all part of the same 'over-soul' who benefits from all the various ways of playing your life out, it makes quite a lot of sense. (To me, anyway).

Sometimes you might find that you have problems in your life or your outlook that have their root in one of the other universes. This is where there is a value to getting in touch with all the others to see which one is struggling.

It's nice as well to 'step into' the universe where your friends or family are doing well. Imagine if someone was suffering and you could 'steer' them into the version of the universe where they got better, got the job they wanted or their relationship worked out.

What about a mystery? When you just don't know the answer to something - do you want to walk into the universe where it turns out that we were all genetically modified by aliens. Or would you rather go into the universe where we never find out? (For example).

And what about the big decisions, taken for us by other people? We're all busily steering ourselves through the best version of the universe for us, against a backdrop of huge decisions made by other people - supposedly representing us.

How, just how, do we manage to get ourselves into the universe where the corrupt bunch of bxstxrds that rule us now are nullified?

That's the real question for me.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Wouldn't it create a paradox to step into another parallel universe to meet with oneself, By theory couldn't it prove to be the unraveling of all parallel universes? Would that leave only the original reality, or would that unravel as well? If no paradox is created from this then you have by this same theory just created another parallel universe; therfore improbable that you could meet oneself.

seems all theories of reality and parallel realities have some kind of paradox related to them

edit to add:
When the above paradox equation has been solved, please point me into the direction of the parallel universe in which there is peace and tranquility for everyone; at which time I think you may have found the parallel universe in which the infinite has just become finite

[edit on 19/9/2009 by Pappa_Bear]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Well friend this is where I would have to disagree.

IMO, reality is perceived and since we only have perception of this reality, it's the only one that matters. Regardless how many copies there are, YOU aren't in them. You are thinking and cting in THIS reality, and a flip of the coin will not alter this universe. If it does "branch" all you are doing is creating multiple copies wherea different outcome took place. However, in this universe the outcome always takes place a microsecond before the branch.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pappa_Bear
When the above paradox equation has been solved, please point me into the direction of the parallel universe in which there is peace and tranquility for everyone; at which time I think you may have found the parallel universe in which the infinite has just become finite

I didn't mean to step into a parallel universe and meet oneself. I meant that, for instance, if you had to make a decision be sure that 'you' chose the better of, say, two available options. Leaving the 'worse' option to be explored in an alternate reality by another 'you'.

By making contact, I meant 'tuning in' mentally. Let's say that you and all the alternate 'yous' found a time of quiet and picked that moment to 'get in touch'. Assuming that there is an oversoul to 'orchestrate' such a thing it ought to be possible.

That universe of peace and tranquility for all that you refer to - that's not too far from the one I keep aiming to 'step into'. Just keep trying, eh?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

1. ONE God and ONE Jesus (no parallel universes)
2. ONE God and MULTIPLE Jesus' (parallel universes)
3. MULTIPLE Gods and MULTIPLE Jesus' (parallel universes)

Option 1 doesn't change our current concept of christian theology
BUT
options 2 & 3 open up a huge can of worms and christian theology falls apart !

You forgot option 4.

4. ONE God and ONE Jesus (parallel universes)

As I consider God to be outside of both time and the universe, it makes no odds how many universes there are, there will only ever be the one God. I believe that Jesus, the son of God, would have gone to as many of the universe's in existence that required his presence. Jesus, being God or an element of God himself (however you like to look at it) also is outside of time and the universe, so has no problem popping into all the universe's that needed him, at which point he became temporarily part of that particular universe.

You could say that each time Jesus incarnated to become God/man that the 'man' part of that equation was different (being a unique part of that unique universe) and so the experience and life of Jesus would be different in each universe.

No need to think about there being lots of Jesus's (or is that Jesii?
), just the one Jesus incarnating into every universe/timeline that required his presence to be put back on the right and righteous line. Though as per the above paragraph you could imagine each Jesus being different and so there being many copies of Jesus, but they would all actually be the same part of God that is Jesus and just the man (or whatever else he might be in different universes) part changes giving the effect of copies of Jesus, but only the one in all actuality.

To sum up, ONE God, ONE Jesus, ONE Holy Spirit, ONE Trinity. Don't forget that God is Omnipresent as well as Omnipotent and Omniscient, that omnipresence means being everywhere in all things, all things by definition includes this universe and any others and anything outside of said universe's.

I hope that makes some sense to some of you!...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The thing is, I'm God.

Also, I'm not God.

Further, there is no God.

Funnily enough, you exist.

Verrily, you don't exist.

I am the Infinite, the one and the zero.

Believe what you're capable of understanding.

The word Universe, a uniting of parts, explains it all.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Unrealised]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Cool Theory. But, I do think that GOD is Almighty. He would have the ability to handle every universe that exist, he is GOD. He created all this, No? Creator of all.

[font=Comic Sans MS]>>NOW CHECK THIS OUT

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Remembering what is said in the bible, about god creating man in his own image... I always wondered why, and how he could have done such a poor job of it that he had to wipe out human beings so many times, or command us to do so to each other...

Then I realized that the bible had it backwards. Man created god in his own image. This would explain the jealousy, the wrath, rage, and genocidal murdering nature of god... not because he's actually that way but because the idea of god was our creation, and we modeled it after ourselves.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

You think like me.

This is one of my first threads

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
An interesting thought that I had while reading this thread:
If the universe is branching off different realities as we go along, could it then be possible to be conscious of it?
If these divisions do exist, they do so in relative proximity to the dimension we occupy.
That being said, I find the idea of a "buffer" universe fascinating.
We might be able to perceive a number of dimensions from any choice we can, will, might or may not make.
The coherence may be our consciousness and perhaps as we might advance through evolutionary changes we could become more aware of those possible choices / realities.
I always felt that if we existed in forth dimensional space, we would be able to perceive our lives from beginning to end.
Likewise for 5th dimensionality, where not only could we perceive our existance as noted, but all the choices we could make.

My take on "GOD", in my opinion is an entity that is outside of the boundaries of our reality. Existing in an as yet unfathomable dimension beyond 11th density. We can never perceive it because there no longer exists the dichotomy of our universe there.

Interesting stuff to contemplate.

*~

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
if ur such a science head maybe "god" really is photocopying himself.

or maybe theres just one almighty "god" in religious belief.

who really knows?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Good theory!

Reminds me of Sim City -

I am god of Sim City and I have multiple cities, yes the sims do make me do things sometimes through their actions but ultimately I am in control.

I can act on their enforced changes or I can choose not to. Or of course I can give them a little volcano erruption if I really want to!

I am one person who appears as many to each. I am a god but only through their perception....

Suppose this is a gamers view on your theory

Thanks for the brain exercise

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
[mor

A plank length is the smallest measurement in the universe and cannot be divided down anymore, so if the universe is finite in size at the most fundamental level, then its also finite in size at the macro level. Also there is nothing that is infinite at the macro level, there are finite sizes eg if a star gets too big it will implode in on itself, so there are set limits "wrote into the universal program," and if there are limits, then there are no infinites. There are finite speeds eg the speed of light, nothing can travel faster, there is a finite timescale in all things eg stars die, we die, everything dies over time. The fact that there is nothing infinite in the universe is proof that our own finiteness is written into the very fabric of the universal program. Infinites cannot exist in the universe. So if there are no infinites then there isnt infinite posiblities, or infinite universes. The fact that there is time itself is also proof of this, everything had a beginning and everything has an end, nothing exists forever.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join