It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamaland : Cotton Candy, Gumdrops, and Rainbow Dreams, This is the Land of Collusion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

As a matter of fact, I'm glad Obama is in office.

He has brought to light the outrageous actions that the government is taking/was taking for the longest time.

Obama is definitely the catalyst for change.

Whether it takes place in the voting booth in 2010, and 2012 or in the streets is entirely up to him.

-peace-
-until otherwise required. . . -

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

If violence is the only thing you see within my original post, or even the subsequent ones after, I fail to see how I can enlighten you to see differently.

And, violence is never the answer, it gives Government a reason to act.

I have never advocated violence against Obama, never.

As a matter of fact, with a phone conversation with a friend, I had referenced if I was a Secret Service Agent of Bush, I would jump out of the way of the bullet and let it hit him, that's how much I disliked Bush.

I then referenced if the same situation was happening with Obama, I would jump in front of the bullet, however after seeing his inaction, I am backing away from that statement more each and every day.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
look, if you truly want to change an advisary like the massive capitalistic players of this world, to give regular people a better life, rather then slowly spiraling downward to a slave/master world, you have to find their weaknesses. they have the power to buy people off directly, or have other people paid to do them and their familes physical harm. they have the ability to create chaos, uncertainty, and division with their money. you have to locate their weakness, their achilles heel, so to speak.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Irony here. I was someone who was doing quite well under the "massive capitalistic" machine that you describe.

It's the encroachment of government that disturbs me.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I do understand what it takes to run this nation.

I have been approached 1,001 times to run as President now in person.

Here, on ATS, I believe the number is in the double digits.

Do you honestly think I made this thread just to bitch about the man?

I see the sad state of the nation as something that can be changed, but not by inaction.

And, yes, I compared our nation's economy to a full term pregnancy, and a woman giving birth would already pushed the head out, and the umbilical cord would be cut.

Nine months may not seem like a lot to you, but it is to me, when the man has done nothing but stumped and speechified across the nation.

As for the next election, I do not see many voting for Obama, he's a lame duck.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
To Nixie nox and jimmy x:

All I see from you 2 in this post is condescension, and no real contribution.

If that is all you can supply and cannot add dialog to the thread....please....GTFO

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Remixtup
To Nixie nox and jimmy x:

All I see from you 2 in this post is condescension, and no real contribution.

If that is all you can supply and cannot add dialog to the thread....please....GTFO

Well, thank you, I think, for the comment.

Be sure and remember, Moderators are not to far away to stop infighting.

Violence is never the answer and I can see this thread might turn into an ugly fight.

It seems slightly hostile, like a bar fight, just before someone slams a beer bottle over someone's head.

Please, while I cannot condone Obama's inaction, do not take action causing divisiveness.

There is room for discussion here, whether anyone sees eye to eye, or not.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Just want to congratulate you on a fantastic thread. Your words are raw, honest and real. You are a true patriot to your country.
S&F.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Thank you.

I try to speak from the heart, and while I practice diplomacy, using effective words is something I know.

Hence the topic of this thread, inaction by verbal sword fighting, which Obama is good at.

He gives good speeches, but to me, they are hollow lacking any real substance.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Now you know who else was a great Orator???

Think Germany 1939... :shk:

...Nuff said...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by jimmyx

Irony here. I was someone who was doing quite well under the "massive capitalistic" machine that you describe.

It's the encroachment of government that disturbs me.

actually, i have too done well, i have become a creditor rather than a debtor. i could take all the credit ( bad pun) but i did have people in my early years that guided me. they helped in my ability to make reasonable decisions, while in the process of improving myself.

there are parts of government that equally disturb me, i want low taxes, i own guns, and i believe in the phrase "do onto others as you would have them do onto you" even though i'm an atheist. i would much rather see the government give a hand up, rather than a hand out. and i am still fearful of this country turning into a quasi-police state. i am no fan of facism or communism, they are equally bad for the population.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I agree.

Great oratory skills is not enough though.

My thoughts wander to whether Obama will take the same actions.

With some of the things happening in the world as it today, it seems to be edging loser to the guillotine each and every day for our nation, and this is a cause for great distress.

For those people who wanted Guantanamo closed, their wish may happen, but they should have instead asked that the manner in which people are claimed as "terrorists" by our Government was changed, not the closure of one facility.

In the wise words of the past, be careful what you wish for, it may come true.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Thank you.

I try to speak from the heart, and while I practice diplomacy, using effective words is something I know.

Hence the topic of this thread, inaction by verbal sword fighting, which Obama is good at.

He gives good speeches, but to me, they are hollow lacking any real substance.

ahhh, well, i tend to agree that his actions have not been equal to his words. but i think he is going up against some dynamic forces in governance that even he did not anticipate. i have never considered him to be a savior, or godlike, but i tend to think his heart is in the right place, and i will reserve judgement for a later date.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Then why the divisiveness? You sound like a conservative, fer cripes sake!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Hx3_1963

I agree.

Great oratory skills is not enough though.

My thoughts wander to whether Obama will take the same actions.

With some of the things happening in the world as it today, it seems to be edging loser to the guillotine each and every day for our nation, and this is a cause for great distress.

For those people who wanted Guantanamo closed, their wish may happen, but they should have instead asked that the manner in which people are claimed as "terrorists" by our Government was changed, not the closure of one facility.

In the wise words of the past, be careful what you wish for, it may come true.

i think we both want our country to prosper and succeed. frustrations on the speed and substance of government actions are (i think) what we have in common.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I have a feeling we have reached an accord.

Speed is not necessarily a good thing.

I was offered the fast road to power, and I declined it.

I am not asking for the impossible of Obama, just quit sugar-coating crap.

Sugar-coated crap, is still crap, just like polishing a turd, is still a turd.

My first actions would have been far different from Mr. Obama.

Cheney would have been sent to Guantanamo, Bush would have been slapped upside the head for listening to that devious bastard, and I would have told the Iraqi's they had less than a year to get their act in gear, because troops would be home by this Christmas from both Iraq and Afghanistan.

I would have as well pulled the United States out of the United Nations altogether.

That conglomerate of idiocy at the U.N. is nothing more than an excuse for people to hear themselves talk, lie, and use diplomacy as a shield for their corruption.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by jimmyx

Then why the divisiveness? You sound like a conservative, fer cripes sake!

no, i'm a patriotic democrat and there are more of us than you think. but i understand that the constant anger generated through simple catch phrases and slogans, do nothing to advance the common peoples concerns. having said that, i have devolved into it myself on ocassion. i, being 56 years old, know there are no feely-good solutions, and that there is going to be some tough, hard, decisions to make, that i won't neccessarly agree with.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Be forewarned: the following is an Obama defense post. So either completely ignore it and flame me in a new post, or read it, and then flame me in a new post.

What is so funny, in a sad ironic state of the word funny, is Obama thinks we need or care about a piece of crap Healthcare Reform bill when what we really need is for the economy to be kicked in the keister and jobs to start opening up again because without jobs there will be no need for “Healthcare Reform” because we as citizen will not give a damn being unable to afford even rudimentary health costs without work in which to pay for our gas to drive to the doctor, let alone be able to afford hospital bills.

This statement is a bit contradictory to what you were just saying about the national debt. You see, if you think the national debt is bad now, just wait and see what it will be in 10 years from now, with the increased cost of healthcare. You see, medicare and medicaid add to the cost of the national debt. In 10 years time, without -some kind- of health care reform, we can expect the national debt to be outrageous. Now do not get me wrong here, I am not advocating Obama's current health care plan, but I am advocating that without -some kind- of health care reform, you can be sure that the current national debt will pale in comparison to what it would be 10 years from now.

[snip] but then again you do not give a damn about America really, do you President Obama?

This is a pretty bold statement. If Obama didn't truly care about Americans, why would he be putting his entire political career on the line over trying to lower the national debt, and providing health care for the American people? If he really didn't care about Americans, he would do what other presidents do to ensure their re-election, which is either absolutely nothing, or by using some kind of Nationalism effect such as a tragedy; aka 9-11. I on the other hand think Obama truly does care about the country, and he is willing to put his political career on the line for it.

This is all I am seeing and hearing coming from you with false promises of the future, hope, and change, but what we have not seen is our future, hope, nor change, except from one idiot to one man who sold us a lie to get into the White House and do absolutely nothing to change America except screw us even worse than that idiot who has a residence in Crawford Texas because you, Mr. Obama, have failed us as a country.

Holy crap man, he has only been in office for nine months! You are speaking of promises of the future, hope, and change, but you have only given the man nine months to do so?!? Open your eyes a bit more and look around you! We have successfully pulled the majority of our troops out of Iraq. That is a GREAT change! Obama is trying to do something about our skyrocketing national debt, this is GREAT change! You talk about the future, but you don't even give him a chance to get anything done! Things in the US do not change overnight! It takes time!

Be careful President Obama because you are slowly climbing a slippery slope and no one will bail you out or pick you up when you fall because American’s are watching you and they do not like what they are continually seeing, a lack of backbone, a lack of commitment, and a lack of authority.

Someone with a lack of backbone would have given up on the health care bill already. Someone with lack of commitment would have given up already! A lack of authority? Authoritarian uses of power are exactly what Bush used to destroy many of our freedoms! I am glad Obama has not done this!

That is not me speaking, only typing what I hear from each and every American I come into contact with

Well, now you know one American who've you come into contact with that completely disagrees with you.

Oh and by the way, please use periods in your sentences. Reading text blobs such as the following one, as one sentence, is very annoying.

If you think this is just another Obama trashing thread you will be sadly mistaken because it is not, as you can see from the above thread I was railing against his idiot predecessor, George W Bush as well as the Congressional thieves who allot our money wherever they want without using fair discretion nor forethought of how the American public will see it as time wears on, speaking of course of the trillions of deficit we are now in because of a completely uncalled for war where the United Nations Security Council tried many times unsuccessfully to stymie Saddam Hussein, not because of his intelligence, but because of his refusing to be sanctioned by the United Nations due to alliances with Russia, France, and China and their seeming total corruption in walking Hussein through the Oil for Food scam in order to give himself many billions and screw his Iraqi people which is more and more seeming to mirror what we are now seeing here in America with the Bailout Package which we are supposed to believe is beneficial to our country through giving banks more money to loan to citizens who are already having their mortgages foreclosed on, vehicles repossessed, and still others kicked out onto the streets because of a lack of ability to pay our bills because of the lack of a job market.

That is one hell of a run on sentence.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by xmaddness]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

We'll get you over to the dark side soon enough.

Luke, Luke. . . Reagan is your faaaather. . . .

Seriously, when you get down to it, and avoid the rhetoric, most Americans probably are center. You get the loud republicans, the loud democrats, and a general apathy for society in general, and we end up with America looking like it is now.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

I have a feeling we have reached an accord.

Speed is not necessarily a good thing.

I was offered the fast road to power, and I declined it.

I am not asking for the impossible of Obama, just quit sugar-coating crap.

Sugar-coated crap, is still crap, just like polishing a turd, is still a turd.

My first actions would have been far different from Mr. Obama.

Cheney would have been sent to Guantanamo, Bush would have been slapped upside the head for listening to that devious bastard, and I would have told the Iraqi's they had less than a year to get their act in gear, because troops would be home by this Christmas from both Iraq and Afghanistan.

I would have as well pulled the United States out of the United Nations altogether.

That conglomerate of idiocy at the U.N. is nothing more than an excuse for people to hear themselves talk, lie, and use diplomacy as a shield for their corruption.

ok...an accord has been reached, but i still wish the government would help common people, and put the wealthy bastards on notice that they are on their own. no more tax breaks or subsidies for them until the common people get some degree of stability.
as far as the U.N....it started off well, and with people of good intentions, but those days are long gone.
as for the troops in the middle east back by x-mas, hell yeah!. i'd also like to see us pull our troops out of germany and japan...we've been there for sixty years!!! and they are doing just fine!! WW2 is over, bring them home, and we could save a hell of alot of money and put it to use for our returning veterans and their families.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by jimmyx]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join