It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones apologizes for "hoax"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
It was all blown out of proportion to a point where people, saying that they listen to Alex started saying he is dis info and an agent for Illuminati and the whole reaction was disproportionate.

You still have not provided us with your rationale has to how a lie may help inspire others to consider conspiracies within the events of 9/11, or how it might convince the President to speak with Mr. Sheen.

I've been active within various research circles and universities in relation to conspiracy speculation for nearly two decades. What we've seen from Mr. Jones is not uncommon, it's a simple act of desperation -- and the proportion for which it is being "blown" is not nearly enough.

You can continue to hold your beliefs but ATs has changed it because AJ gave an excuse and whether you believe it or not is irrelevant.

I believe you're missing a very critical point. The fictive exchange between Sheen and Obama is still exceptionally deceitful. Its online publication began with fraudulent intent, and continues to be unprincipled regardless of the multiple excuses now being offered.

Drop your blinders. It's an abhorrent event. On September 8th, 2009, Mr. Jones nailed shut the coffin of the "Truth Movement" with a disgraceful and desperate act.

you can say it isn't but it is and that is why ATS changed it because there is no actual proof of malicious intent.

I'm unclear about your reference here. What did ATS change?

Charlie Sheen said today on the show the reason he wanted the disclaimer at the bottom was because if people saw it at the top people wouldn't read it he is right.

And there you have it. Admitted, purposeful deceit. Despicable.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Oh My bad BeefCake I thought you believed in something and that you saw something worth defending from AJ.

No Bro, I am not a troll. I used to live in Austin. Been to several Truthseeker meetings. Got Mike Hanson to Sign my Bohemian Grove book...

Again Ed and Elain Brown Standing up to the IRS was BIG NEWS. People traveled all over the country to stand with them.

Has anyone traveled from anywhere to hear this theoretical interview?

The Crawford ranch protests were BIG NEWS People all over downloaded the Cindy Sheehan arrest.

Has anyone downloaded this imaginary interview?

A college student gets tazed at a John Kerry speaking engagement.

WE INVENTED AN INTERNET MEME OUT OF THAT!

Is anyone inventing anything out of AJs invented story?

NO! Because it was a disgraceful disgusting HOAX!

And it is not the first time he has done this... but it is the worst. He did top himself in that regard.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
Reuters baby doesn't get much bigger than that. So your point exactly?

I would hope that someone who claims to be interested in the truth, and associating themselves with the "Truth Movement" would work harder at actually disseminating the truth.

The Reuters link you referred to, and your implications that Reuters is "covering" the story is either disingenuous, a purposeful lie, or you're simply lazily misinformed.

The link is a Press Release from Send2Press.com... see the footer:

More information:
www.prisonplanet.com...
*(PHOTO: www.Send2Press.com/mediaboom/09-0908-CSheen_72dpi.jpg)
*(Caption: Charlie Sheen. Credit: Alex Jones.)
This release was issued on behalf of the above organization by Send2Press(R),
a unit of Neotrope(R). www.Send2Press.com...
SOURCE The Alex Jones Show

Anyone with a few hundred dollars can create a press release and have it appear on Reuters and several dozen other news sources. But of course, a "truther" should know this... no?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
There is real HELP on the way H1N1Warrior.com.
To help your neighbor is truly a way to help ourselves.
It's time to put your faith where your life is.
GOD is calling us all out.
The H1N1 virus will bring us together and then we will have the power to cast it out.

May peace be with us.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

Its over man turn your eyes to the really bad criminals in the world. You have disdain for Alex Jones who cares. It wasn't a Hoax Alex corrected it himself 1hr 30 minutes later you are really jumping the shark calling this a really big deal and hurting the movement. He explained the server problems and Skeptic overlord says its impossible. i have spoke to IT guys i know and they say it isn't oh well what can i do about it nothing really and neither can you.

We agree to disagree.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

When you perform a "trace route" on the InfoWars.com domain, you encounter their host, Lime Light Networks. I'm very familiar with that firm, as they've pitched our business more than once over the past two years. More specifically, the domain resolves to a "CDN" server - cdn-68-142-122-70.dal.llnw.net. CDN stands for Content Delivery Network, and you can read about Lime Light's here In short, it's the same type of service we use for all our images and video -- a dynamically scalable content delivery service that can tolerate massive amounts of traffic due to hundreds of servers all over the world.

So you can see... with a CDN, a "bombardment of traffic that shut down servers" is virtually impossible.

LOL ! You have the boss talking here.. so listen up people

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

So again myself and another member throw cold facts at you regarding the press release and it goes ignored?

en.wikipedia.org... Seriously!

[edit on 9 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It was a good interview with Sheen. I think he made his position pretty clear, and it's not the least bit unreasonable either.

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school
Let It Happen On Purpose
It's an exceptionally valid conspiracy theory, that is actually very-broadly considered in many circles, including that of journalists.

Ah, wow. Thanks. I've always felt that way since 9/11, had no idea it had it's own acronym. I was thinking it had something to do with the International House of Pancakes, lol.

Unfortunately, since the theory (on it's own) contains no super-sexy bombs-in-the-buildings or exotic weaponry or grand-scale conspiracies involving thousands of people, the "9/11 Truth" crowd tends to denigrate those who mention it.

So i've noticed. Given all the warnings that were ignored, it's pretty obvious they left the doors open, the Bush admin couldn't even properly cover that up. No way they could pull off half the crap some people say.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

So again myself and another member throw cold facts at you regarding the press release and it goes ignored?

en.wikipedia.org... Seriously!

[edit on 9 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

Lets just agree on something. I believe that official story on 9/11 was bogus and that the evidence clearly indicated complicity by various US government officials and agencies.

Often termed inside job even though that is very simplistic explanation its catchy and effective.

Do you think 9/11 was an inside job?

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Beefcake]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

My thoughts on that such as they are, if you're honestly interested, are scattered around this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, and I mean this, can we discuss the issue raised in my last post?

Surely you can understand that if you cannot concede the simplest and clearest of facts, it is next to impossible to have constructive discourse.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Guess what guys - it worked. I just had a conversation with my neighbor for whom I help her out with various Computer issues. So anyway while Spybot and Avast were running (as some of you know this takes some time) I brought up the white pages. I shared the especially nasty parts in the "Operation Northwoods" document to preface the "Meeting with the President".

Now my neighbor has been pretty Liberal in her outlook but has become more and more suspicious of late. I shared with her the "Meeting" document and told her this had been generated by Charlie Sheen which garnered her complete attention. As I was reading it occured to me how powerful this presentation is. For one it has "Star appeal" (Charlie Sheen) which grabs attention and most importantly it provides a concise run down of everything anyone needs to know about 9/11. So when I finished up I was astounded at it's effect. Her words, not mine "I want answers! and I want to see this meeting take place" It worked. Thank you Charlie and Alex.

Look guys this wasn't done for "us" it was done for those outside the fold and it works. Alex has set the score straight with us now lets let this thing work. Not everyone can be a bad guy in this we have to trust someone and we waste too darn much energy and effort trying to discredit everyone else.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by WWJFKD]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Thank you! I got so frustrated that I created a whole post about the negative nelly's. You'd think we are all five and someone just blew the whistle on Santa.

This is a strategic move, and I for one do not believe they purposefully left off the disclaimer. Why? Because they could have been sued. They are under FCC guidelines and will probably get a fine for this unless they can prove that it was an IT error.

I could go on and on and on, but I already created a thread for that.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
SkepticOverload- Agreed, but don't you feel that these are the same/similar apologies that we heard come from Bush's and Obama's mouth?

Why hasn't the government shut down Alex Jone's site yet? It's now completely controlled with the censoring, now it has come that you can't comment on anything that he says. Any remarks or posts that goes against his opinions are deleted. That's when I started to dislike about Alex Jones.

Looks like Alex will take a big hit on his credibility from his fake interview, but that's okay he has enough money from all the donations from his Moneybomb campaign to live the life that he wants. Doesn't look like he cares about us after all, only cares about himself and his money like all the other bastards.

I've come to a conclusion that all of Alex's effort was for us to literally rebel and create the messages of hate to society and to create violence that is needed for the government to implement Martial Law, that will create chaos and more control. That is what happens when people resist and create revolution. But what I think is better is to avoid conflict and create your own inner peace instead of focusing on the outside world of hate.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Let It Happen On Purpose
It's an exceptionally valid conspiracy theory, that is actually very-broadly considered in many circles, including that of journalists.

Ah, wow. Thanks. I've always felt that way since 9/11, had no idea it had it's own acronym. I was thinking it had something to do with the International House of Pancakes, lol.

Unfortunately, since the theory (on it's own) contains no super-sexy bombs-in-the-buildings or exotic weaponry or grand-scale conspiracies involving thousands of people, the "9/11 Truth" crowd tends to denigrate those who mention it.

So i've noticed. Given all the warnings that were ignored, it's pretty obvious they left the doors open, the Bush admin couldn't even properly cover that up. No way they could pull off half the crap some people say.

Yeah...you've got it figured out. I guess Timothy McVeigh was the exception to the rule. LOL.

IF YOU THINK THAT THE UNITED STATES COULDN'T PULL OFF A TERRORIST ATTACK WITH UNLIMITED FUNDING AND POLITICAL PULL, THEN YOU'RE REALLY DELUSIONAL. I'm not saying it happened, I'm just saying you're delusional if you believe that they couldn't pull it off.

All it takes is the effort of one man to destroy hundreds if not thousands and send a building to rubble.(DID I SAY TIMOTHY MCVEIGH?)

So, what was the statement that you made? "There's no way that they could pull off half of the stuff that people are saying???" OOOPS. FAIL!!!

Good work, you're definitely a very intelligent detective worlds above the rest of us peons.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

My thoughts on that such as they are, if you're honestly interested, are scattered around this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, and I mean this, can we discuss the issue raised in my last post?

Surely you can understand that if you cannot concede the simplest and clearest of facts, it is next to impossible to have constructive discourse.

Nah this back and forth is tedious.

I looked at your thread about all your trauma. that's too bad i'm glad others that were there in 9/11 even William Rodriguez who was actually IN the buildings doesn't have your trauma because he makes speeches and is very active in exposing the lies that continue to be used to push wars all over the world and aid in the killing of families in the middle east.

I know plenty who were in new york at the time people who knew people and they all can talk about it i guess it effects us all differently. I can't help you with that.

I presume you believe the official story because you probably can't stomach going over the event enough to research it thoroughly.

I'm not sure why you made a thread about how you don't want to talk about it i mean if you don't want to then don't what is the problem?

We aren't going to stop raising the issue because you are sensitive to it. Some are sensitive to WW2 and that is on the History Channel 24/7 and movies are made all the time on the subject.

The truth about False flags will get out and the false wars that have killed over a million in Iraq and poisoned the country for ever with depleted uranium can possibly cease to happen in the future.

I understand now your ire for AJ i mean he is all about 9/11 truth how could you ever like him.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by quintal

Gdamn right quintal. The reverend Jones is FALSE PROFIT!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by letmeDANz

I've posted something to my web portal at work, realized I made a mistake and when I tried to "roll-back" instead of just "edit" the system would hang on me. Alex is not a details guy when he finds those details annoying, I am certain he blustered through the explanation not having listened to his content manager's full explanation.

Then again...I personally think they forgot to add the disclaimer. I don't think it was purposeful, I think they forgot and all of this is because they are nervous about the FCC.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You're starting to get off topic there

The thread isnt about 9/11 or who did or didnt do it, its about a fictional piece of work presented as fact by Alex Jones, who claims that it was the servers fault for him not telling anyone. SO has already proven that the reason given for this, by AJ....was in fact impossible. So now he's been caught out twice

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Originally posted by 27jd
I have NO clue what LIHOP is, but thank you.

Let It Happen On Purpose
It's an exceptionally valid conspiracy theory, that is actually very-broadly considered in many circles, including that of journalists. Unfortunately, since the theory (on it's own) contains no super-sexy bombs-in-the-buildings or exotic weaponry or grand-scale conspiracies involving thousands of people, the "9/11 Truth" crowd tends to denigrate those who mention it.

Wow, mister.old.school, you called that one. Good job man, EvolvedMinistry has provided a perfect example. Right on queue...

[edit on 9-9-2009 by 27jd]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join