It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones apologizes for "hoax"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

So. If you call a leech *the critter* a parasite you are biased? Fascinating......

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake

If there was no posting issue with the Charlie Sheen letter the same people in thi sthread who HATE AJ would just be saying "Charlie Sheen who cares Sheen is from hollywood he is obviously illuminati"

Well no, I like Sheen very much, for the little I know of him at least.

You guys are a joke. First mistake somebody makes and you throw them under the bus.

Ah, I see. This is the first mistake YOU see Jones making.
Welcome to the real world;-)
Check out the links i gave and here's another one : Cooper exposing Jones.
www.youtube.com...

Pathetic and i'm glad i don't know any of you in real life.

You're forgiven.

I'm glad it was changed but Skeptic Overlord is still saying he doesn't buy it well i don't care what you buy you can't destroy somebodies chracter because you don't believe them.

There's more to it than just not believing Jones.

Personally i think the mass u2u you sent was done to destroy AJ not to inform other sites like you said so i say YOU LIED about why you sent the U2U about this and hardley ever send them.

YOU skeptic Overlord are disingenuous about the u2u but i can't PROVE it so i have to let it go and you should do the same about Alex.

You're getting angry and I'm sorry for having pushed your buttons. You raised the U2U issue and I agree with you on that one and commend you for raising it.
I've also stated, agreeing with you, that this isn't technically a hoax as Jones has backed down 90 minutes after publishing it. It qualifies as a PR-stunt, not as a hoax.

Overall this thread that you've initiated has been very useful, in my opinion, in examining both AJ's and ATS' actions and motives.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by quintal]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
What better way to discredit a cause and frighten away skeptics than to preach absurd theories such as holograms and the like. May as well have blamed it on Gremlins or Bigfoot.

Exactly, and i've said before, if the Bush admin. was willing and able to pull of an operation of such magnitude to invade Iraq, why didn't they just plant some WMD's in Saddam's basement as well? That would have been cake compared to planting bombs in the WTC and dressing up missiles in plane costumes. I feel deep down that they let 9/11 happen, in order to pursue the agenda they wanted, but they didn't carry it out. People give them way too much credit in the evil mastermind dept. Here we are, 2 days from the anniversary, and those who are responsible for allowing it to happen are sipping drinks on their yachts, toasting Charlie Sheen.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
what if 09/09/09 was an energetic opening into our conciousness and we could take in that energy and fill ourselves with it, but what if that energy couldn't reach your heart if you where angry?

Alot of people were angry today and yesterday. Because it seem there was no real goal to the interview and I think it was an event to upset us.

maybe yes maybe not, thats why i write "I think".

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
what if 09/09/09 was an energetic opening into our conciousness and we could take in that energy and fill ourselves with it, but what if that energy couldn't reach your heart if you where angry?

Alot of people were angry today and yesterday. Because it seem there was no real goal to the interview and I think it was an event to upset us.

maybe yes maybe not, thats why i write "I think".

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You guys are a joke. First mistake somebody makes and you throw them under the bus.

Pathetic and i'm glad i don't know any of you in real life.

I have to take issue with this Beefcake.

First mistake .... I won't even go there.

For me,
It's not a matter of "liking or disliking" Alex Jones.

It's THE matter of a well-known "somewhat-respected" niche genre mouthpiece using the Very Same tactics and "approach" as he Denounces on a Daily basis.

If he hadn't already shown his slip in the past, he Sure as hell did just that with this whole Charlie Sheen - Obama Interview ordeal.

As I mentioned previously in this very thread, in essence...

I only hoaxed the UFO to draw attentions to the subject and in an attempt to further research and/or investigation into the phenomenon

... it's the same type scenario. (?)

His recant, explanation, that it was merely the end result of "server downtime" is absolute, complete and utter BS.

I've had his radio show in the background all day and the guy's 'bout to trip over his own feet throughout... funny yet sad, at the same time.

Thinly-veiled attempts to substantiate his "down time" claims, bringing his IT "pros" on the show to NOT rule out the possibility of having been "hacked".

You can't make this stuff up ...

on the other hand, then ... apparently, you Can. :shk:

[edit: bbcode]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
In my opinion, he poked fun at conspiracy theorists. Even though they are his bread and butter. haha.

Sadly, he will be automatically redeemed just for being Alex Jones, by die hards..
Some people put so much faith in his words, they are left with NOTHING, except the guy that poked fun at them. So, they will have no choice but to say, "I accept your apology".

C'est La Vie, I suppose.
I've never paid much attention to him.

My question is: Where is the "balance" to this equation?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I'd expect this post. You defend the u2u? You think This story above others warranted it? You think Coast to Coast doesn't engage in disinfo because they don't get the same ire AJ does. You can save your breath.

This thread even has the Bill Cooper people who by the way he also raised the y2k as a threat so i guess Bill Cooper was disinfo also.

I can't find but 1 psychic that Coast to Coast has had on that ever gets anything right and no one cares. He spends the week of the South Ossetia invasion by Georgia talking about the body of a bigfoot that was found when people on this site had already discovered it was a friggin costume.

He had Linda Molten Howe talking about the Caret Drone for soo long and that had been proven easily a month before one of her appearances that it was a hoax.

These are HOAXES Coast to coast knew they were hoaxes and milked them for months for ratings.

AJ had the letter up for 1hr 30 minutes and he is the WORST EVER and can never be forgiven.

Skeptic Ovelord said the u2u was to gather ATS members to help correct other media outlets that they were getting the story wrong HAHA that to me is the biggest load of BS ever imo.

You guys think AJs explanation is BS well i think the ATS explanation for the u2u is absurd.

There are countless articles in mainstream media that are spun so much that they no longer even resemble the truth yet ATS admins don't take it on themselves to call to arms a ATSer to fix the errors throughout the internet.

Nah its because it was AJ and my theory is that if Above Top Secret attacks AJ then they gain some credibility for attacking a conspiracy theorist or hell maybe they just don't like him.

My point is i can't prove anything i just have assumptions and i would not even be bringing it up again if Skeptic Overlord didn't clear the Hoax title off the story with the caveat I STILL DON"T BELIEVE ALEX.

It feels like amateur week here at ATS among the admin but whatever i can't make them like AJ all i know is this won't end here i presume. AJ will be watched like a hawk by Skeptic Overlord and the like in hopes he screws up so he can send out another mass u2u of the biggest story ever!

and it seems to the staff that it is Alex Jones.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I'd expect this post. You defend the u2u? You think This story above others warranted it? You think Coast to Coast doesn't engage in disinfo because they don't get the same ire AJ does. You can save your breath.

Whoa their fella.

Where Oh Where did I once state ANY of the above suppositions?

... must be confusing mine with other posts in this thread ...

?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
How does Coast engage in disinfo? Yeah, Coast has some REALLY out there stuff. But, views are rarely endorsed, and it's not like George & co are telling you "what to believe". But maybe that's because I assume that it's all meant to be taken with a grain of salt, and I should be smart enough to make my own decisions about information that's shared with me...? Coast has a lot of crazy stuff. They also have very credible guests as well (William Forstchen for instance... And IMHO, Ed Dames, even though a lot of folks will disagree. Also, check out the May 27th "Waves of Change" episode).
How can you trash C2C but turn around and defend Alex in the same thread? In case you don't remember, Alex has been on Coast quite a bit... Coast is actually probably responsible for exposing a lot of folks to AJ...
And just like everyone I hear on Coast, I choose to take Alex with a grain of salt. Just like every media source should be.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by MontanaMike]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I have plenty of beachfront property and a couple of nice bridges, for those folks who think this was not planned all along. It's all about ratings and $$$, even for him.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Whoa their fella.

Where Oh Where did I once state ANY of the above suppositions?

... must be confusing mine with other posts in this thread ...

?

My point is that you think AJ's response is rediculous and i think Skeptic Overlords response about the u2u was rediculous.

You think AJ was lying i think Skeptic Overlord was lying. The point is we can't indite people on suspicion.

The hastiness of this site to call it a hoax even though Skeptic Overlord later changed it until he got a response from AJ shows a bias i believe that is just as evident as what you may think about the impossibility of AJ having server problems.

I believe this whole issue should end if you guys think its a hoax just call it one i mean you might as well you are posting in a thread that you think it is so just call it a hoax i mean you already sent the mass u2u to Digg of all places just stay with that because as long as you continue to fan the flames then changing the hoax title is meaningless.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Beefcake]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I made this point countless times in another thread also and was called an AJ hater.. when i only pointed out what he did was false flag his own members..

Kinda sad if you ask me

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Bull#, this article was up before 11 am est. I came across it by accident and the site was running fine at that time.. You don't publish half an article, then make changes.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Seems to me that your reply is redundantly-filled with "you"s that have little or no direct bearing with regards Anything I've posted in this thread thus far.

My point being quite simple...

As an online/radio broadcaster, who has "apparently" gained some street cred, you Do Not hype something as the Most important and ground-breaking event of your 14 Year career and then just casually "forget" to add the "disclaimer" upon the initial posting .... IT "pros" or not.

... hence his having once again shown his "slip".

Me?
His "claims", "recants", and "Explanation" are as transparent as that which he's supposedly trying to draw attentions to - the NIST report.

While you're welcome to see it otherwise ... it IS as it is, IMO.

Support him? - Have At It.

I just won't be there with you to raise his flag.

That's all.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by borrowedname
ATS shouldn't be too eager to throw stones at Alex Jones for what he did.

Some of us remember the big ATS 'event' that was hyped up just as much as the AJ story that turned out to be a live web-broadcasted party with several of the ATS crew getting pissed with some minor celebrities and their dogs (who I have still yet to see on this board) while claiming they were going to be the next big media thing.

Anyone who remembers that event will know what a let-down and disappointment it was after all the hooha that was made here in the run up to it.

AJ is an ego driven idiot mostly but then so are most here. The point is that he is STILL TRYING to do something that will kick-start a new investigation into 911 = please don't lose site of that. Perhaps you could all put as much energy into helping him by writing a simple request to Barry to do the interview. What have you done lately to keep it in peoples minds?

Yeah but ATS is a collection of people with different and diverse views. This forum is a haven of free speech, as long as you're not rude or promoting violence, etc.

ATS is a forum and it doesn't suppress free speech.

EDIT to add: Inforwars erased negative comment after negative comment - then closed down the comment section, and lied about the reason they were doing it.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Manwin]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
it wasnt a hoax. listen to the show from 9/8/9 and he explains right from the start that it isnt a real interview. just because a disclaimer didnt get copied and pasted doesnt make it a hoax , more like a very stupid mistake, or was it? either way it has everybody talking which was the whole purpose, as alex explained in the show yesterday(9/8/9).

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Hello Good Sir,

i believe that most here on ATS already are aware of Coast to Coast not being pure unadulterated truth, as it has gotten way too big and is borderline mainstream. i'm unaware of any who put absolute faith into what George Noory has to say, but there are probably some out there who do. That being said, Coast to Coast and Alex Jones Show are two separate beasts. Alex Jones tells you his opinion. Coast to Coast brings random people onto the show to interview and those people tell their opinion. You may or may not hear George's personal opinion, but the show is mostly journalistic in nature. Whereas Alex Jones spends a good portion of his show spreading his opinions. what this boils down to is that people who listen to Coast to Coast must discern what is bs from what is true, they are not really given the chance to form a cult of personality around George Noory, because he mostly asks questions. Do they bring on researchers and "experts" whom spread disinfo? Sure, but they let the listeners discern for themselves what is true. COast to Coast doesn't TELL you what is true. Alex does. Granted, one should discern the truth for oneself when listening to Alex, as with all "experts" but he has a much larger die hard fanbase who hang on his every word. Meaning when something such as this "hoax", "snafu", mistake, etc happens, theres more at stake.

These are HOAXES Coast to coast knew they were hoaxes and milked them for months for ratings.\

Again, Coast to Coast is almost mainstream in its approach to the subjects it takes on, this kind of behavior would be expected of them. They are a nationally syndicated radio show, with many high profile guests appearing on their show, ratings are key. Yeah they sold out, but they still spread truth, if you can weed it out of the lies.

AJ had the letter up for 1hr 30 minutes and he is the WORST EVER and can never be forgiven.

As i stated before Alex Jones has yet to "sell out". This kind of thing is not expected of Alex Jones, even if many think he is disinfo. Some have been waiting, those you call AJ haters, for this to happen for a long long time, while others do not expect him to blatantly do something which could be misconstrued as a hoax or public relations attempt.

Skeptic Ovelord said the u2u was to gather ATS members to help correct other media outlets that they were getting the story wrong HAHA that to me is the biggest load of BS ever imo.

i cannot say what Skeptic Overlords' reason for releasing the mass u2u was, as i am not privy to his intentions and his reasoning. However i will say that it is a very plausible explanation for why he did it. i will further explain my opinion in a moment.

There are countless articles in mainstream media that are spun so much that they no longer even resemble the truth yet ATS admins don't take it on themselves to call to arms a ATSer to fix the errors throughout the internet.

If we were to go about correcting the articles of MSM, then all of ATS would neither sleep nor eat nor respond to the call of nature. Ever. We are all well aware of MSM being nothing more than puppet mouthpiece for the Powers. But Alex Jones is part of our Movement, the Movement of Truth, not just for 9/11, but for every single Truth which has been covered, changed, manipulated, destroyed. If the roles were reversed, i would expect Alex Jones to do the same thing. We cannot and should not stand by while our images are tarnished, whether by mistake or on purpose. Bad enough the mainstream thinks we are lunatics with mental problems, we do not need to reinforce such images within the minds of people.

i personally do not know what the outcome of this will be. i am taking a wait and see approach. i do not hang on every word of any man, or woman. I believe one must discern the truth for themselves, taking into account all sources, using their own logic and intuition. If this is not possible, then one is not ready to find Truth, IMO. We have no need for figureheads in this Movement, because the voices of many are always stronger than the voices of one.

Love and Peace

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I have been reluctant to post on this issue because I believe we can all get caught up in the hype sometimes. Just look at half of the threads created on this site that are supposedly (MIND BLOWING, OUT OF THIS WORLD, WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING). I think that people can over-react on certain issues sometimes depending on how they are feeling at the moment, and yes I am talking about Alex, but I am also talking about all of the hateful quick draw types out there who started throwing this guy around by the neck as soon as he fudged. Many people in here just jumped on the "hate Jones" bandwagon without even trying to give the guy a chance nor time to explain his actions. I too was disappointed in what happened, but history has taught me that everyone screws up badly every now and then, even our god like leaders. Alex Jones is in the red right now with his audience, so this may be his only chance to redeem himself. In my opinion, his reputation is tarnished, but if he could land himself a story that could put a stop to the politics as we know it, he may be able to redeem himself(in my opinion). Im not going to be like a lot of these immature keyboard killers in here and on his blog calling him everything they can think of, I am going to be a little more reserved on this.
So Jones, do what you got to do man, cause right now, its not looking too good for you.

-sidenote- Jones screwed up once, and the public is on him like white on rice trying to put the blade to his throat.

If only people were this vicious towards Obama and Bush, neither of the two would have made it past day 3.

Get off the squirrels nuts please.
Thats all I have to say about that.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
sorry makes no sense

just because web server is down doesn't mean you can't upload to FTP site and update web page.

doesn't work like that sorry.

even IF there is some dependancy in their infrastructure then could have temporarily closed the http port for a 3 seconds, upload the updated web page, then reopen the http port, amongst a host of other options.

Oh, so you are familiar with their system's configuration? You're talking out your #@$!.

Your system is not their system. Your techniques/skills are not their techniques/skills.

It's perfectly plausible that during a heavy traffic situation that the server (web/ftp) was so bogged down that it wouldn't respond for periods of time, especially if they have to remote in. I work with web servers and we've had situations where this exact thing happens (FTP doesn't respond in a timely fashion). And if it takes the sys admin a little while to figure out a work around, for example like the one you suggested, or something else, that doesn't mean Alex Jones' explanation is "B.S.".

Not to mention, THEY DID fix the website eventually.

So for you to call "B.S." on Alex Jones' explanation exposes that you either A) have an anti-AJ agenda or B) don't have a clue as to what you are talking about or C) all of the above.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join