It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Sheen "interviews" President Obama

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Hi, after reading the transcript i can only say that it seems a lot has still been left unanswered re: events of 9/11 . It seems that Charlie did his homework however i would have liked to have heard Obamas response to the 20 statements so i could get a clearer understanding in my mind and to hear both sides... as it is i only got to hear Charlies side...

Will Obama come back to him on this? I doubt it but if he does i'd like to read his responses... if it's not a Hoax that is..

[edit on 8-9-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I should be amazed by how many people Jones managed to string along but given the time I have spend on ATS I am not . Jones hoax and yes it is a hoax because of the failure to put up a disclaimer straight away makes it so . The hoax is the kind of reason why I haven't bothered with any 9-11 truthers related topics on ATS . But hey I bet that in no time the same gullible and naive people will be posting articles on the boards from Jones websites .

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I support 9/11 truth, and its absolutely obvious governments and intelligence proxies did 9/11 (read the 26 page peer-reviewed paper on nanothermite), but I really question Jones' judgement.

If anything I think maybe the spotlight should be taken off him and we should start focusing disclosure efforts on more mentally stable and reliable leaders. Yes he has woken alot of people up but that doesn't mean I can't question his judgment and ability to lead.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

So you're saying the ebst way to tell people "The Truth" is to trick them?

Why couldn't Sheen's open letter be in the format of an open letter, and not a fake interview with no disclaimer? While unlikely, it's well within the realm of possibility that Sheen would have gotten 20 minutes with the President. While reading the actual interview should make it clear that it's a fiction, it's still dishonest. Basically counting on the fact that what you're posting is so incredulous that people shouldn't believe it. Which is contrary to the point that it's supposed to represent "The Truth."

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
To say that AJ lied so that it would bring MSM attention to the 9/11 truth issue, is like saying that all the lies told to us by Bush and Cheney were good because it brought MSM attention to Terrorism....

Sorry, I don't follow that line of reasoning.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Imagine if, instead of posting a fictitious interview, Sheen simply openly, publicly posted the questions and said he wished to pose them to Obama? Why not simply do that in the first place? That might actually have garnered some media attention, and might actually have put some form of at least marginal political pressure on Obama (unlikely, though) to respond.

Instead they went with this. They didn't have to, and in my opinion it wasn't the most effective means of grabbing people's attention. So, why did they do it?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wow! Alex, Alex, Alex why did you do it?

Here's what I found out guys about Charlie Sheen...

September 11, 2001 attack theories

On March 20, 2006, Sheen revealed during an Alex Jones interview that he questions the official story concerning the September 11, 2001 attacks.In response to his critics now "attacking his wild and controversial past" because of his opinions, Sheen stated "And a majority of them, in fact 90 percent of them, were attacking me personally, were attacking my credibility. I am an American citizen that loves my country."

On Sept. 8, 2009, Sheen released an open letter to the president outlining his concerns and questions relating to a possible new investigation into the WTC attack. Using a mock interview format, the letter fictionally presents President Obama with several bullet points reflecting major issues of concern for what has become known as the 911 Truth Movement. The letter was initially released on talk show host Alex Jones' websites without any comment about it´s fictional nature.

*the key word here is fictionally*

"The letter was initially released on talk show host Alex Jones' websites without any comment about it´s fictional nature."

However after the interview appeared the comments
"What you have just read didn’t actually happen… yet,"
They have edited this out by now...

WOW!
Alex decides to hype his show up for fictional purposes to benifit his hits, ratings, whatever it is, it was a bad move on his part. I myself and you fellow ATS'ers have watch him expose many "secret" meetings with either the Bilderberg Group and the Bohemian Grove; and then he does a full 180 on us.

Shame on you Mr.Jones.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pewpewatu
okay so you are into ET disclosure, but you can't manage to do some simple digging to find out the truth in regards to this alex jones scandal -- so you run crying to the MODS to sum it all up for you?

sorry bro, you epic fail.

Well, obviously not everyone gets to live at home with their parents rent free and scour the internet in-between games of world of warcraft looking for the info like yourself.

I ain't your bro, and you are anything but epic for that crappy post. ATS is about helping others find and weed through false information.

Your philosophy, epic fail.

Back to your mountain dew and meatloaf.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
So, why did they do it?

Because they aren't actually that smart?

I mean, just because you and I could see a mile away just what a colossal failure this stunt would be, doesn't mean Jones and Sheen would. After all, the conspiracy community has a history of "falling for" obvious hoaxes. Just how many "I will reveal ultimate proof of aliens... in six weeks" have there been on ATS alone?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tensetek
I think a lot of you are missing the point. I think this "fake"interview is not to deceive anyone it's to present CS evidence which he is going to bat for. Instead of putting his ideas/research down in a document that no one will read he did it this way to get people to read it. The questions CS is asking ARE GOOD QUESTIONS, questions that are on a lot of peoples minds. I don't know how you all get off saying it's a Hoax because the interview hasn't happened yet. The questions being asked in it are still valid, I think this is an attempt to light the fire under the establishments a$$. I think this is pretty cool that CS is putting his name/career on the line to go to bat for the facts/questions he is asking.

DK [/quote

Right on, The Gov won't hear the people crying out for some facts. a trial, something to give closure to the people hurt by the 911 perps.
I think any tactic to wake up the people, is the American way.
Otherwise we will pay taxes and send our loved ones to die for a LIE
His questions are what matter here. Let's get the answers.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Alex Jones must have gone through with this hoax because his ratings were slipping people don't do this kind of stunt unless they think there is something to be gained from it.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
Alex Jones must have gone through with this hoax because his ratings were slipping people don't do this kind of stunt unless they think there is something to be gained from it.

I really think Alex is "star-struck". He sold his soul and his honesty to do the bidding of a slick Hollywood celeb. Pretty sad.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by romanmel]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I never listened to him before this, but when i saw the add posted here for the "big news" I was highly skeptical. It seemed like a ratings scam to me. I guess my gut instinct was right.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This was a story, not a hoax.

War of the Worlds was a story, not a hoax.

[edit on 9/8/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

No what Alex did-- was a Hoax. This deals with a very Serious Issue and its an issue where lots of family members are trying to be serious about. We don't need this sh*t from Alex.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

This is a denial of the truth...it WAS a hoax.
See orisinal screen print below (no disclaimer to be found for 90 minutes) then it suddenly appears in small print at bottom of the hoax interview.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is 1 or 2 things

1) A honest miscalculated mistake that has backfired very badly.

2) Alex Jones is willing being used to announce the truth and discredit it at the same time which means he is a double agent for the same TBTB he attacks.

I know some people at ATS believe it is number 2, I am honestly not sure at this point.

I just watched the 9 part series of his interview with Mr Russo, and it was fascinating and horrifying at the same time.

The bottom line is the emerging truth of the last 8 years has been trumpeted by people like Alex Jones and Ron Paul, if there intentions of advocating the truth are not pure, but to lure out the ultra patriots of the constitution to be culled at the appointed time, do you have any idea just how screwed America really is?

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

See orisinal screen print below (no disclaimer to be found for 90 minutes) then it suddenly appears in small print at bottom of the hoax interview.

From wiki:

The first two thirds of the 60-minute broadcast was presented as a series of simulated news bulletins, which suggested to many listeners that an actual Martian invasion was in progress. Compounding the issue was the fact that the Mercury Theatre on the Air was a 'sustaining show' (i.e., it ran without commercial breaks), thus adding to the dramatic effect. Although there were sensationalist accounts in the press about a supposed panic in response to the broadcast, the precise extent of listener response has been debated. In the days following the adaptation, however, there was widespread outrage.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

War of the Worlds has nothing to do with this thread!

[edit on 8-9-2009 by romanmel]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
More Alex Jones bull#... I think most of us knew where this was going.. www.oraclebroadcasting.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join