It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benedict XV1 is the second last Pope says Irish prophet Malachy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Just read this, inspired me to finally join ATS....

The prophecies of the Irish saint Malachy, the 12th century bishop of Armagh who predicted all the popes have thrilled and dismayed readers for centuries. He has stated there will be only one more pope after the current one, and during his reign comes the end of the world.

"In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Peter the Roman, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations, after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people.

www.irishcentral.com...

What do people think?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I guess I'll chime in and be the first to contribute to your first thread. Welcome aboard, and I hope you find your experience here as enjoyable as I have. In the case of St. Malachy, I am familiar with his prophecy and his accuracy regarding Papal titles is unquestioned. Maybe Benedict is the last one as you have stipulated? I usually take prophecy with a grain of salt and this one is no different.

However, what irks me with this one is the simple fact of Benedict choosing his Papal title and coat of arms in conjunction with the second to last prophecy. Its as though he and the Vatican are hastening the arrival of the last pope, Petrus Romanus. In hindsight, since the second to last prophecy has been known for about 500 years, one would figure that Benedict would pick an entirely different title and coat of arms, to kind of throw off the prophecy. So in other words, I do find the prophecy of St Malachy as interesting.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think the Next pope is the first pope to ever move out of the vatican just in time for its distruction..

The current one is suposed to have an heart attack !!

Let us see, shall we !

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by noozguy1
Just read this, inspired me to finally join ATS....

The prophecies of the Irish saint Malachy, the 12th century bishop of Armagh who predicted all the popes have thrilled and dismayed readers for centuries. He has stated there will be only one more pope after the current one, and during his reign comes the end of the world.

"In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Peter the Roman, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations, after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people.

www.irishcentral.com...

What do people think?

This is probably the most intriguing prophecy in the Catholic-specific world of Christianity.

When Benedict picked his name, I was relieved because the prophecy calls the Pope in his slot "Of the Glory of the Olive" and nothing seemed olive related.

But then I found out.. the Benedictine Order is also known as the Olivetans.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I read the Cardinals choose Joseph Ratzinger because he was old and wouldn't live very long.

They wanted to avoid selecting a guy as young as John Paul II was and live under the potential of a very long-lived Pope.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

"In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church

Persecuted?

Can someone explain how the Catholic church is persecuted?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

"In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church

Persecuted?

Can someone explain how the Catholic church is persecuted?

Jihad probably.

top topics

join