It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like it or not, all 50 States must now recognize Gay Marriages!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Your post shows how little you know about the ideals this country was founded on and how badly the public education system is failing us. It was founded on the protection of the rights and freedoms of the individual, not the majority! We tout ourselves to the world as a beacon of freedom and liberty, but all we are really showing them is our hypocracy! "All Men are Created Equal" is a line in the Declaration of Independence that we have never lived up to, and with people like you around, we may never live up to it! If this nation crumbles and falls, we deserve it due to people with mindsets like yours!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

He put me on that most special list too. At least I am in good company!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
am on that bloody list too. nothing to worry about but rather something to fear. For the time being I am in good company as stated(I think)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
"I want Equal rights" "All men(kind) are created equal"

it is to laugh, I am not equal to anyone here nor are any of you equal to me, how CAN we have equal rights?

I am taller than some of you and shorter than a few of you, How is that equal?

I make less money than most of you and more money than a few of you, how is that equal?

I want equality, I have no issue with gay right to marriage, I Do however have an issue with "Special rights"

let the gays get married, let the polygamists get married (group or otherwise) I care not a wit

SO lets all be equal Have Hetro Pride rallies, a White Miss America Pageant
the NAAWP, and a flat wage for ALL wage earners, Who cares if you work harder than the guy next to you, you make the same.

Lets all be equal, drive the same auto, have the same house, the same TV and the same PC (or should that be a Mac?)

we all are equal right? no tall or short people, no fat or skinny people
no excellence in academia, or sports; Shoot we should all wear the same color clothes, have to be equal doncha know?

all men(kind) are not created equal, that's the cards (allegedly) God gave us, how boring it would be if we truly were equal

Edit to add
Morality is an acceptance of societal "norms" it should Never be regulated by the state.
Cannibalism is taboo because we all taste like chicken

[edit on 2-9-2009 by thedigirati]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG
And... reading some of the replies here makes me just feel disgusted.

Homosexuality is a sexual FETISH? I'm sorry, being homosexual doesn't mean wanting to be tied up with ropes and being spanked or whipped... which is what many STRAIGHT people like to do. Get your terminology or facts right... THAT is a fetish. THAT is a deviant.

Homosexuals are a MINORITY. Like skin color.

Again, it goes to show how many people in this world, and on this site included, have no idea what homosexuality is about. Ironic, then, that many gays in this world know how heterosexuality works.

Skin color and homosexuality are inherently different in that one is a choice and one is not. Being gay is a choice.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

is a choice? so is being shorter than I am, grow UP

I guess this is where the second line goes right??

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

Equal and "the same" are two different things. I can have a five pound bag of flour and a five pound bag of M&Ms and they may very well both weight five pounds, but they are vastly different entities.

Two uniquely different individuals have the exact same rights guaranteed in our Constitution, and before that, the Declaration of Independence. Now, whether or not these fine documents are more idealistic than realistic is not the case. When those wonderful pieces of intellect were forged they were forged with the idea of the nation we wanted to become rather than the nation we were. Hopefully, we are all striving to get there.

No, we won't all be equal in looks, intellect, athletic ability, etc. And, yes, the world would be boring if it were, but we are all equal in worth.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968

Being gay is a choice.

So is being misinformed.

Let me ask you this, could you be gay if you chose to?

[edit on 2 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Homosexuality is a sexual FETISH? I'm sorry, being homosexual doesn't mean wanting to be tied up with ropes and being spanked or whipped... which is what many STRAIGHT people like to do. Get your terminology or facts right... THAT is a fetish. THAT is a deviant.

Again, it goes to show how many people in this world, and on this site included, have no idea what homosexuality is about. Ironic, then, that many gays in this world know how heterosexuality works.

Skin color and homosexuality are inherently different in that one is a choice and one is not. Being gay is a choice.

Being gay may be a choice for the bimbos you see in the Girls Gone Wild video, but that is not the case for the mass majority who self-identify as "gay".

There are studies which show that the gay male brain uses more "white matter" than the straight male brain, and the gay female brain uses more "gray matter" than the straight female brain. IF it were a choice, then you would not see these similarities. Moreover, there are other studies that show if you spray female pheromones on a male they are defined as "attractive" to lesbians, the same is true of male hormones on a female making her "attractive" to gay men. This shows a natural proclivity to this sort of interaction as opposed to waking up one morning after having listened to Ziggy Stardust and decide that you like men.

Argh! Why am I bothering? You are either a troll or too set to read what I just wrote anyway.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

equal in worth means equal in value which means equal in pay, as I stated

My post was set as a premise in the fallacy that all men are worth the same, ie a legal fiction

yes we should strive for it however we should Never let some be raised above it

again, No special rights

example: Everyone agrees breaking the law is bad, yet those same folks speed down the road, breaking the law

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Every civilizations that has embraced homosexuality has been destroyed? I had no idea England no longer existed...

Name me a civilisation and how it was destroyed which had embraced homosexuality - (remember the Romans and Greeks only declined - very, very few have been destroyed - Mayans, Easter Island, Greenland - not many.)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Yes, yes. I couldn't agree more.

You know, if I were gay I would at this point just start nodding and go about my business. Some of these people are so mean that they can't possibly be human. They can only be Klingon!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Honest to god...what the hell is wrong with you?

You have just compared being gay to being a cannibal, a polygamist and all sorts of other instances where people DO have a choice.

In your closet, it might help to grow up a bit.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

KLINGONS?!?!?!? RED ALERT, ALL HANDS TO BATTLE STATIONS! CHARGE PHASERS! ARM PHOTON TORPEDOS!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I resemble that remark, My wife and I got sick of the non english spoken at the workplace once, so we learned Klingon, and spoke it at work, often.

the non english speaking folks at work got very upset, and made a petition to make only engish the language spoken at work..

Sometimes you have to join them to beat them

Kaplah!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Nope, Not a choice. If it was I would choose to be straight. It would be a much easier life.

Being a gay woman means:
1. There is no husband to support me so I have to work.
2. My choices for a partner are limited since there are just not that many lesbians in my small town.
3. I am hated by many.
4. I had to hide who I was growing up.
5. It took me 50 years just to accept who I was.

Now, who in their right mind would choose that?

I want to know what these anti-gay people would have me do. I cannot be with a man sexually. And no I was not abused as a child. I just am not attracted to men that way. I don't hate them..I just don't want to sleep with them. I knew at 12 years old that I was gay. I didn't choose it...it just was.

And don't tell me to pray to God to change me. I tried that. Didn't work. I guess he likes me the way I am. He should, He made me this way.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Sorry if my post offended you, I think you have projected your mindset into my post.

I did not compare cannibalism to anything, I stated a funny fact about how mankind is

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958

Nope, Not a choice. If it was I would choose to be straight. It would be a much easier life.

Being a gay woman means:
1. There is no husband to support me so I have to work.
2. My choices for a partner are limited since there are just not that many lesbians in my small town.
3. I am hated by many.
4. I had to hide who I was growing up.
5. It took me 50 years just to accept who I was.

Now, who in their right mind would choose that?

I want to know what these anti-gay people would have me do. I cannot be with a man sexually. And no I was not abused as a child. I just am not attracted to men that way. I don't hate them..I just don't want to sleep with them. I knew at 12 years old that I was gay. I didn't choose it...it just was.

And don't tell me to pray to God to change me. I tried that. Didn't work. I guess he likes me the way I am. He should, He made me this way.

*hugs*

Pay them no mind. It is their loss. They want the world to be black and white, and ignore the beauty of technicolor. You are just fine. God does like you--no, God loves you the way you are, and even in your small town I am certain that there is someone out there for you.

And if that small town is in Vermont you can marry her!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If Illinois will have to recognize a Vermont marriage license, will Illinois also have to recognize a Vermont Concealed carry license?

not one line

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I will take that hug. Thanks!

Ironically, it really helped me to come to ATS and read all the hate spewed by some of the anti-gay people here. I realized how weak their argument was. I guess I should thank them for making me feel better about myself.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join