It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Incumbent movement...vote ALL the bums out!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This has been a theme in past years and it is past time that this becomes a real movement. Whether Republican or Democrat it is two sides of the same coin, like we say around ats, "new boss same as the old boss". Imagine what a message it would send, like shockwaves to see all these incumbents voted out on their butts, right across party lines!

I did a google search on anti incumbent groups and there are very few, in fact most searches netted results on past elections. With the independent voter movement gaining so much momentum, this could become a wonderful new wave.

These are the two sites I was able to find. Some interesting ideas on there, but we have great minds here on ats. What do you guys think of a real grassroots ANTI INCUMBENT movement?

tenurecorrupts.com...

www.anti-incumbents.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

I started a thread on this not too long ago. I am in complete agreement!!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I also couldn't agree more, but I'll take it one step further. If you really want to send out the message that the partisan crap must stop, don't vote anyone in who is a Democrat, Republican, or any other 'organized' party! Only Independents!!! Now that will shake things up!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

I also couldn't agree more, but I'll take it one step further. If you really want to send out the message that the partisan crap must stop, don't vote anyone in who is a Democrat, Republican, or any other 'organized' party! Only Independents!!! Now that will shake things up!!!

Don't panic JR (this is NOT a sign of the apocalypse) but I agree with you.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

IIf you really want to send out the message that the partisan crap must stop, don't vote anyone in who is a Democrat, Republican, or any other 'organized' party!

Don't panic JR (this is NOT a sign of the apocalypse) but I agree with you.

Make lobbyists illegal as well and we'll all be on the same side.
Hell might just freeze over.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I agree to a large extent, However I would limit to anyone who is running for their third or more term. I think you need to have SOME experience on Capitol Hill, or you give entirely too much power to the non-appointed bureaucrat.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It's time for a clean sweep........further time to lose the lobby in washinton and in our states. Clean HOUSE! Time for new blood and a time for fresh air. There isn't one in Washington that doesn't take and abuse there power.

E

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

too little too late
it would take too long and besides we are way beyond that

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

too little too late
it would take too long and besides we are way beyond that

Thanks for your help, it's good to know we can count on you to be there!

Stand up..Be a MAN and fight for your country!

E

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I agree that the basic principle should be to never reelect a politician to multiple continuous terms. I think it's better to never vote democrat, republican or natural law and pick randomly from the independents. The seniority angle is one of the ways that people get trapped into reelecting these people. We don't hang traitors in the USA we reelect them. A constant turn over of politicians would result in a certain amount of confusion and some possible vulnerability if newly elected people turns to an establishment of their trusted advisers for guidance on their responsibility and rights. The elected would either try to line their pockets as fast as they could, making hay while the sun was shinning or try to do the best job they could, hoping that in a somewhat distant election they proved themselves worthy of another shot. They could also just do nothing and bide their time. But the goal would be to prevent the establishment from being perpetual. That should apply to local elections too. People do not take local elections seriously enough. It is at the local election that the greatest opportunity for change exists.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Hey, just because we don't agree on everything doesn't mean we can't agree on anything! LOL!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It's not enough to vote out the incumbent.

Neither the Republican NOR Democratic party deserve ONE DAMN VOTE!

These two parties have monopolized the political arena for TOO long! Their agenda has become one thing, They are equally beholden to the executors of the exploitation of the tax-payers.

Their model of political "business" has completely and utterly devolved, they are unwilling to change and instead labor to thwart the people's will in deference to the highest bidder, despite the 'oath' to which they swear.

Regardless of whether you are inclined to believe that this was a deliberate corruption of the government or not, the only absolute cure (albeit very likely that it's too late) will be to completely remove the republican and democrat influence from government.

This strategy will make for the complete 'reset' of lobbyist initiatives, old-school alliances, and entrenched commercial interests from within the machinery of government. Think-tanks and the "Higher" educational racket will have to endure a nightmarish restructuring if they don't shift gears.

I like dreaming.

It is unlikely to happen.

1) With virtual total control over the 'main stream' media; an abundance of more than willing subsets of our society, and a social framework that lends itself to sucking the media teat, they have secured an inlet to society that works against change.

2) People have attached emotional baggage to the business of running our government. We have failed to teach our citizens what it means to govern as opposed as what it means to 'be' governed'. The Republic was meant to be governed by the people, via representation... examine the last century and what our government has given us. But don't forget to tally what it has taken.

3) Should we expel the offending persons from our government they will be the subjects of such all the resistance and interference as a century of bureaucratic evolution can muster.

We need to figure out a way to empower ourselves once again. It is not impossible, and it does not require the destruction of our civilization. That threat comes from them - not reality.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Sometimes, it's just too late.
When a system becomes so entangled both foreign and domestic, and corruption becomes ingrained and expected, when the largest interests in maintaining the status quo still support most sides of elected officials, the opportunity for repair has expired.
When people fear their government, instead of the government fearing the people, you live in tyranny.
When speaking your mind becomes a hate crime, you have repression.
And when the majority take no part in electing their leaders, because, face it----why bother--- you have apathy.
This is beyond fixing. We need to build a new foundation from scratch.
IMHO.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

This would make a great bumper sticker

We don't hang traitors in the USA we reelect them

Well, can't seem to fix that quote like I want, but ya' get the message.

edit on 30-8-2009 by inthesticks]

[edit on 30-8-2009 by inthesticks]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
We have an old established political machine in Washington.

It has been well fed and maintained.

In my opinion it is going to take an extreme event to stop or turn that machine.

Peace and love is good but the American people must get some starch in their backs and fight the system if we expect change.

We must become active in local politics and learn all we can about the candidates.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step.

That first step has to be out of our comfort zones.

I'm not afraid to say I'm a revolutionist.

I want my country back.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
how can you be here on ats and be this ignorent/nieve.
vote them out! woo hoo now there's an idea.
that'll show em huh! i can't believe their are people like this left.
do you understand how ridiculous that sounds.
please open your eyes, ears, and mind, and stumble around this site for
just 8 hrs. then come back and look at your post.
you poor thing. i'm shaking my head in disbelief.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
how can you be here on ats and be this ignorent/nieve.
vote them out! woo hoo now there's an idea.
that'll show em huh! i can't believe their are people like this left.
do you understand how ridiculous that sounds.
please open your eyes, ears, and mind, and stumble around this site for
just 8 hrs. then come back and look at your post.
you poor thing. i'm shaking my head in disbelief.

I gotta believe that it can still happen. I'm not ready to roll over, have them CHIP me, pat me on the head, say, "good boy" and go back to the pasture to graze.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Is this a conspiracy board or not? Why not create our own conspiracy?
using electoral-vote.com... as a baseline

Tough races
Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana,
Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio

Easy for Dems
Arkansas, California, Delaware, Hawaii, Indiana, Maryland,
New York, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Vermont,
Washington, Wisconsin

Easy for Reps
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma,
South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah

I think a businessman/woman with an engineering degree would make a great president. They could do process charts and with a business background know where to cut. But what about the senate?
What kind of party would it be and what would be the platform?
Who could we push (new) and who could we subvert?
Anyone want to start a conspiracy instead of talking about others?

I think a businessman/woman with an engineering degree would make a great Senator. They could do process charts and with a business background know where to cut. Just control the Senate and you have leverage. With people being angry it could work. Not another party - just elect non-polititions for two terms.
Who could we push (new) and how to get them to accept.
Anyone want to start a conspiracy instead of talking about others?
It would not be that hard to win 20 races and have 1/5 of the Senate. Win all the races and that's 1/3. Then people would see some Dems & Reps start walking in lock-step and might wake up more.

It's not that hard. Just pick a person and everyone get behind them.
Term limits (2). Lower taxes. Balance budget. Arrest the current and previous heads of the Pharms & the FDA for murder & conspiracy (rico).

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
One thing written that I totally disagree with is the concept this is a naive idea. At least people are trying to come up with something instead of laying down and accepting this.

I am aware, VERY aware, that our system is in shambles and a complete reworking is not what I am talking about. Sending a message is! It would take years and years to get rid of the two party system, but only one election day to shake them up real good.

I have been on ats long enough to know that D or R makes no difference at all. That is why my idea is to vote them ALL out, no matter what party. Since the approval ratings are in the basement for Congress and not much better for the Senate, 2010 could be a turn around.

Sad though, so much partisanship that this likely won't happen, but it sure would be a strong message. I for one am hoping to find support for this idea. Heck in this sad little county neither the County Exec. nor the mayor have had anyone, that is right NO ONE to run against them.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I agree in spirit with the idea. Unfortunately, one of my senators is Russ Feingold.

Look him up. He was the only senator to vote against the Patriot act. He's worked on campaign finance reform. He voted against the Iraq war. AND he was one of only three Democrats to vote against the Wall Street shill Geithner's confirmation.

His office is withing walking distance of where I work.

When I vote, he's really the only candidate who I vote for and not simply against the other guy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join