It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Inhofe (R) - Me no read bill - Me against bill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Though I am taking a little sabbatical from political discourse on ATS, I couldn't see this and neglect to share it with my ATS brethren.

Seems like Oklahoma Senator Jim Inhofe, and all around genius, gets all he needs to know about one of the most significant pieces of legislation in US history from public opinion and the "media" ...

At a town hall meeting Wednesday Sen. Jim Inhofe told Chickasha residents he does not need to read the 1,000 page health care reform bill, he will simply vote against it.

"I don't have to read it, or know what's in it. I'm going to oppose it anyways," he said.

Inhofe said public opinion and information provided by news media have helped him become a staunch non-supporter of the bill.
(e mine)
www.chickashanews.com...

Well there you have it ...

Not only he doesn't need to read it, he doesn't even need to know WHAT"S IN IT to oppose it.

If that isn't a microcosm of everything that's wrong with this debate I don't know what is.

Congratulations Inhofe, you made Okies proud.

[edit on 27 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just proves he's a standard American politician, that doesn't read what's being put to vote. This entire legislature is making a mockery of the system.

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
A Senator going with the public opinion of his state? I'll take that all day long!

Bravo Senator Inhofe!!!!!

I'd rather have someone vote no on something they haven't read than vote yes for something they haven't.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Just another clear example of the accusation that the Republican Party has become the Party of 'NO'! Good thing it didn't occur at the same time that the Democratic Party was the Party of 'I DON'T KNOW'! It's all just plain mindnumbing!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Me against bill.

Me hate bill.

Me read bill.

Me so smart.

You read bill?

You no comment until you read bill.

Silly bill.

Baaaad bill.

bye bye

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

So a collective group who has no idea what they are opposing is just fine and dandy with you? We truly do deserve to go the way of the Soviet Union... Into the mists of history!

BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY! THERE IS NO INTELLIGENT LIFE HERE!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Which bill?

Many bills...

No one bill yet.

You no possible to read all bills.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Have you read the bill? If not, then why are you commenting on it?

Of course this guy was not smart. But if we gave intelligence to ONLY people who read the bill, then I'd be the smartest person in the room. At least he was honest, and didn't try to BS the crowd, so I'll give him that.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
A Senator going with the public opinion of his state? I'll take that all day long!

Do you have recent polls of public opinion in his state? Do you entertain an idea that these might be reasonably close for such a stupid judgment call from this Senator?

Bravo Senator Inhofe!!!!!

Part of your jubilation is due, I believe, to the fact that as you conceded in a different thread that you want Obama to fail by all means. In my mind, that includes you not caring if Americans get screwed in any possible fashion including medical.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Publicly expressing that attitude should call for immediate, unconditional removal from his elected post. He is denying his constituents their proper and due representation. What a low-life!

just my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

HR3200. Was written in November of 2008. The "other" bills are the senates versions that they threw out to obfuscate the issue as to who read what.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Although I'm giving a S&F, I thought I would point out that at least this Senator is being fiscally responsible when compared to his fellow Senators who didn't read the Bill either but paid Staff Members to read if for them and write a CliffNotes Cheat Sheet with 10 Bullet Points.

Although then again...Senator Inhofe should be concerned about creating jobs for the American people. 16% of all Congressional Staff are Unemployed at the moment! It's important during this Economic Crisis to give Congressional Staff "Busy Work" to keep them employed so they can pay their bills and buy more useless things to keep the Wheels of Capitalism a-turnin'!

Although, maybe it's not his fault. Perhaps Senator Inhofe is hiding a dark secret of life-long illiteracy. He should be heralded a hero for ascending to his position in government despite his disability.

On the other hand, if he is illiterate then why then did Senator Inhofe vote "YES" on the No Child Left Behind Act? Hypocrite!

The more I think about it, the more I don't like this Distinguished Gentleman from Oklahoma.

EDIT: Added *WINK* emoticon to ensure that this post was taken in the proper context with a grain of salt.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
To be fair John Conyers asks why read the bill?

This is the problem you run into on both sides of the spectrum when you have bills being written by special interests, banks and groups like the damn Apollo Alliance. Maybe if our so-called law-makers actually spent time writing the bills instead of being bribed to vote one way or another, the people wouldn't be getting screwed all the time.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

If you're going to toe the party line at least do it intelligently (Inhofe, not SD
).

I read everything Capitol Hill passes that way I know what I do and do not like and can speak on it intelligently.

Wow, what a concept, actually reading the damn bill.

I read the entire Bailout Package and understood every bit of it.
(guess what, it's a scam on America)

Not enough people actually read what is passed into law.

Flagged, starred, and D.I.G.G.'ed

Senator Inhofe as a child : Mommy, I don't like brussel sprouts.

Mommy Inhofe : How do you know that son?

Senator Inhofe as a child : Because they're green and green is the enemy, mommy.

Mommy Inhofe : Would you at least try them son?

Senator Inhofe as a child : NO! And I'm gonna be a Senitar some day and outlaw brussel sprouts.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Though I am taking a little sabbatical from political discourse on ATS, I couldn't see this and neglect to share it with my ATS brethren.

Seems like Oklahoma Senator Jim Inhofe, and all around genius, gets all he needs to know about one of the most significant pieces of legislation in US history from public opinion and the "media" ...

At a town hall meeting Wednesday Sen. Jim Inhofe told Chickasha residents he does not need to read the 1,000 page health care reform bill, he will simply vote against it.

"I don't have to read it, or know what's in it. I'm going to oppose it anyways," he said.

Inhofe said public opinion and information provided by news media have helped him become a staunch non-supporter of the bill.
(e mine)
www.chickashanews.com...

Well there you have it ...

Not only he doesn't need to read it, he doesn't even need to know WHAT"S IN IT to oppose it.

If that isn't a microcosm of everything that's wrong with this debate I don't know what is.

Congratulations Inhofe, you made Okies proud.

[edit on 27 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

Yes he did by understanding as a Representative of the state of Oklahoma and its people he should vote as his constituents would want him to! That's is what his job is.

What the others don't comprehend is they work for the people who live in their state.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

First, I'm not commenting on any Healthcare Bill, but on a member of the Senate who blatantly refuses to read said Bill(s). Once they have one bill (the Bill you mentioned might provide a basic framework to the final Bill, it is not a final draft) I will most certainly take the time to read it. At this time, I am neither for or against it. I do believe, however, that something has to be done. Hopefully the collection of Jackholes who inhabit Congress will not frak this up! But my hopes are not too high on that one!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker
That's is what his job is.

What the others don't comprehend is they work for the people who live in their state.

A sane person would assume that part of the job description of a law maker is to at the very least read the laws being considered. Maybe he'd find something there that's highly beneficial for his constituents. Or not. Point is, the brazen neglect that he demonstrated is repugnant.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by buddhasystem]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I've read it. I do presentations, contracts with lots of legal ease many times a week.
That bill is a complete piece of trial lawyer crap.
It is nothing but back doors, open doors, and redirects.

You sign a contract like that, and I'll have you out of your home, car before dark.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

HR3200 WAS the final bill. It was the one the House of Representatives voted on. When the senate saw the reaction to wee little folk reading it, they experienced a severe pucker factor and started to create other versions. If this was a rough draft, then why have the final version done in November of LAST YEAR?

What all the debate is on now, is HR3200.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's simple folks.
You want Health Care? Good!

Go take back the Govt.
Rein in the spending.
Get out of the Wars.
have more money, less taxes, and more benefits.
Hell we could throw in free Education while your at it.

But you sure the Hell can't no way have it when we are on our knees begging other countries for credit.
Your addicted to credit.
There is going to be an Intervention.......................

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join