It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A boat wich strangely look like a plane...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Can you help me about this strange vehicle wich ressemble almost to a WWII experimental aircraft ?

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
ermsss
i do saw it but not a double deck anyway.nearly same as the lower deck (the bigger deck ) from what i do know is this kind of design came from french designer same as other design like round wing jet.all the design i did saw in old book so i still remember it.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
it was supposed to be something like an 800-1000 person commercial aircraft for trans-atlantic travel, kind of to replace cruise chips and the like, never got off the drawing board

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It ahd been designed by an american 50's designer : ROBERT GEEDS

Okay... I just like these old movies SFX !!!

[Edited on 14-2-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Pretty cool. Kind of like Russia's Ekranoplan, the Caspian Sea Monster. Although that pic just looks like a model to me.

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I already told you, it is a model, never got past the concept stage

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well, yes you sure did.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
In fact the problem is not about if the project is just a model or a real vehicle :

It's the design or a style wich interest me :
I've recently made a post about WW-2 luftaffes sexret project, in aircraft but I deleted it because nobody was interested about that.

[Edited on 27-2-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
That thing is just asking to get shot down...

How fast do you suppose it could go? 100? 150?

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It was never ment to be a design for a plane. I believe it was a art model or something.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Ohhh....well that explains a lot
It really does.

Thanks jetsetter

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well I was watching a program about the Russia Ekranoplan and they showed a picture of that model. I believe the program said that the model was from the 40s or 50s, and they wanted to show that people were thinking about the flying boat idea.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It resembles the B-2 stealth bomber.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Look at this:

m2reviews.cnsi.net...
(There is video capture images and pics of model.)

This and many others have Russians bulid.

This is not Sci-Fi.

The one i knew about had JET ENGINES, so this model is news to even me.

[Edited on 4-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

Can you help me about this strange vehicle wich ressemble almost to a WWII experimental aircraft ?

Looks wicked, a flying boat what a spiffing idea.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Interesting, Very interesting.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
greetings all.

i cant belive this . you guys are missing the point. that and the russian ecranoplane where both first WORKING concepts of the flying wing tech, tech now incorporated into B2 bombers.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValueJudgement
greetings all.

i cant belive this . you guys are missing the point. that and the russian ecranoplane where both first WORKING concepts of the flying wing tech, tech now incorporated into B2 bombers.

In 1920/30/40s Horten Brothers in GERMANY first build the "Flying-Wings" including one Flying wing fighter bomber which has many features that the B-2 has today.

Russian "Flying boats" have nothing to do with "Flying-Wings".

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Greetings all.

i stand corrected flying wings were not invented by russians or by the US but by the germans. however a little looking into what you just said brigs up this:

...Reimar and Walter Horten were a step ahead, testing an all-wing sailplane in 1933...

so they ARE related. i gather the difficulty was in finding a suitable area to land in for such a massive aircraft.

whethere it lands on water or on land is inconsequential as the main thing is that flying wing tech is a loong running project.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Greetings all.
bah, i might as well correct myself b4 someone else does it. it appeares that flying wing tech is even older that the Hoten brothers:

Beginning in the late 1920s, Jack Northrop, founder of Northrop Aircraft Co. (known today as Northrop Grumman), led the design of several military planes based on the flying-wing design. Later, Northrop's company was one of those contracted by the U.S. Army Air Corps to build a longer-range bomber during World War II. Northrop delivered the YB-49.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join