It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the beginning God created the dinosaurs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Genesis Take 4

In the beginning God created a round planet he called earth

Advisor Green> Uh, G-d, they still think the world is flat.
God> Oh ya, oh ya.

In the beginning God created a flat land and filled it with dinosaurs.

Advisor Stein> Excuse me G-d, they don't know about dinosaurs yet.
God> Oh right, right.

In the beginning God used evolution to create man and...

Advisor Wilson> God! They don't need to know HOW you created man.
God> I guess you're right Wilson.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. He made man from some dust and blew divine life into him.

And God read version 4 and saw that it was believable by people of the time.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by notreallyalive

Is this a diss on the christian people? Sorry i had to ask but don't really get what you're saying. Not a christian so really couldn't be bothered anyway. Just saw dinosaurs and had to click click click. After the click click click though there wasn't anything about dinosaurs. I'm sad now

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RankRancid

I would never diss a group of people. I would attempt to speak to a behavior however. I personally feel Christianity is far outdated. There are currently 38,000 different denominations of Christianity [1] taken from one book! It's obvious people find their own truth and many give it the name Christianity.

In the Bible it took until day 3 for the earth to be made, however it takes a rotating planet to have a day and night. What, did God think the world was flat when he created it? It's time to recognize the Bible was written when the idea of dinosaurs, astronomy, and most science did not exist yet.

It's time to look past organized religion to what is the common denominator beneath religion! Interconnectedness of people, emotions based on living life without fear of going to hell, consciousness as a core of who we are, and more.

1 - source is a Christian group, stated in another of my threads

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

For the most part, the Bible never really says if the earth is a circle, sphere, square, or what. It uses various figures of speech in different places, but it uses all of them. How do you know which one to count?

They're mostly all figures of speech that are even still used today. I'm sure you yourself still say that the sun rises and the sun sets even though we both know it doesn't.

However, the idea that the flat earth theory was even a theory is really just a myth. When Christianity came around it was already known that the earth was a sphere.

However, the flat earth idea didn't really come too much until Galileo's time when the Church went completely ape retarded. However, the first thing you must go research for yourself to find out that your school probably led you a line of propaganda.

What they probably told you is Galileo was in trouble with the church because he said the earth was a sphere and not flat or at least they led you to believe that. This isn't true. His "crime" was because he said the earth orbited the sun. Not that the earth was flat. Even the very first Christians knew the earth wasn't flat.

They, or at least someone, probably also told you Columbus thought the world was a sphere and everyone else thought it was flat? That's just plain wrong. They knew the earth was a sphere at that time too.

The problem was simply his plan of sailing the wrong way to get somewhere. They thought the trip would be too long so he wouldn't make it. But nobody in their right mind thought it was flat at the time. Not in Bible times either. It was just a poetic figure of speech used in the literature. In other places they used different figures of speech.

Also, in my opinion the Bible does talk about Dinosaurs, it just uses different words for them. Much like where the myth of Dragons came from. They didn't speak English you know. They were probably very well aware that such things had existed, just had their own name for them.

I also, don't think the Bible says hardly anything about evolution, but I do think it opens the door on that. For one, when the Bible talks about the beginning of the world or the end of the world, well sometimes if you go back and do a better translation on that, what you'll find sometimes it actually means age and not world. The beginning of the age or end of the age.

Also, one view is that the Bible talks about kinds of animals. That animals come in kinds. It's saying that all the animals fit into their kinds of what they originally came from, but it never says anymore than that really.

Anyway, I'm not really sure what your point is.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by tinfoilman]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Fair enough,everything you said makes perfect sense. I think everyone should just continue what they are doing and what makes them happy. I don't buy into the we are one and need to move forward as one.

I know enough religious people to know they are lovely people regardless of what they believe. Also think you would have had a very nice thread going here if people could understand what you were getting at in the beginning. That is just my opinion though...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is funny. It's making fun of the different creation stories in the Bible.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Um, dinosaurs weren't the first life on Earth.

top topics

join