It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't freemasonry sue conspiracy theorists?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

I'd like to see the lodges unite

For one, you're not a Mason, so your opinion quite frankly doesn't matter.

Second of course, to unite the two branches would destroy someones history and way of conducting lodge. Neither branch would want that of course.

Both parties are quite happy with the arrangement, I see no reason for it to end. People of other "colors" are more than welcome to join an "ordinary" lodge if they so choose to.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Mintwithahole,

As you may or may not know, I am a Prince Hall Affiliated Freemason. With that being said I am still a "Regular" Freemason, and I have visited many other Lodges that were not Prince Hall. What you don't seem to understand is that it is about History, and we as Prince Hall Freemasons are very proud of ours. We are not segregated from other Lodges and I have met many a Freemason that are not African American yet they are Prince Hall Affiliated. In fact we have a Caucasian Brother from the U.K. , who is preparing to receive his second degree at our next communication. I have also met non- Prince Hall Masons that are African American. I have never met a Mason of any color that didn't " Meet me on the Level." If you have any questions about the History of Prince Hall or Masonry in general, please feel free to U2U me.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Level_Head

As you may know by now I've taken you up on your kind offer.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow18433
BUT hey... all the well known Freemasons at ATS should go and
take a picture of themself...near their faces and standing in front of all their personal city welcome signs.

Would you settle for a picture infront on my State's welcome sign?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c14615290eb.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks to Brother Norton who held the camera.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

And here's my pic, just to prove we're not the same person.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/adc0828d6856.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
its so simple, conflict of interest.

Conflict of interest, is what allows Freemasonry to be a possible conspiracy. It's that simple. So long as its a secret, and so long as there are two or more parties, and so long as Freemasons are police officers, doctors, politicians, and presidents there will be a conflict of interest;

masons have a bound duty to protect each other above all else.

Hence, conflict of interest ,and, Because its secret also, this can fit the general term for conspiracy, most especially in these positions of influence such as law enforcement, as then, the bound duty (i.e. agreement between masons to protect eachother) , by the definition of the agreement, could stand in the way of unbiased separatism in fulfilling other bound duties.

This is a really legitimate reason for concern. It seems, when talking to Masons , I have found a high level of scrutiny applied to me, so this one is more stringently careful to be airtight. No accusations, no assertion, a simple basis for conflict of interest & formative of the definition of conspiracy;

1. An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
2. A group of conspirators.
3. Law An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.

I'm not saying Freemasons are breaking the law, I'm not saying Freemasons _are_ performing illegal acts, I am saying when freemason(s) are in a position of power, and in a binding agreement with fellow masons a conflict of interest arises at the very least, the clear possibility of active conspiracy exists, not saying there is conspiracy. Saying its clearly ignorant to assume two binding agreements between two seperate organisations, one of which is secret isn't either a. a conflict of interest or b. a possible conspiracy

god help me when i start getting replies from masons after making this post.

A

[edit on 2-9-2009 by 7redorbs]

[edit on 2-9-2009 by 7redorbs]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You and your clone brother Joshnorton hmmmmm silly of me, i tought
you only had '' Appak '' as another login name. ho well..! tell him i say hi...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7redorbs
There's the fundamental flaw in your whole argument. Masons have no such duty. In the obligations I took, just about every clause had a way out... things like "should I deem his need worthy" or "if there's a greater chance of success than risk to yourself". There's nothing in the oaths that would make a good man do bad deeds simply because he felt obliged to his brothers.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow18433

you were displaying incredibly bad taste in the past as well when you made off hand comments about an ATS member who had passed on. I think his name was Therion Dunn. You should be more respectful. Aren't you also udontknowme? Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by 7redorbs
There's the fundamental flaw in your whole argument. Masons have no such duty. In the obligations I took, just about every clause had a way out... things like "should I deem his need worthy" or "if there's a greater chance of success than risk to yourself". There's nothing in the oaths that would make a good man do bad deeds simply because he felt obliged to his brothers.

thanks for the input, i see what you mean.

A

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Is that one of the secrets? That you're cloning one another at masonic meetings!!? No doubt someone will make a movie about, "Masonic Park!"
Sorry, couldn't resist it.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

yea, it started with sheep (those lions club guys always get the cool toys first) then we complained "what about goats!!", and then it was only a matter of time before we tried it on the beer drinking yankee masons in Jersey.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 7redorbs

Freemasons come from all walks of life. I've seen construction workers, retail store clerks, salesman, lawyers, doctors, politicians, military, social workers, TV related, truck drivers, real estate, and many more. When I first started out in the Masons I was just a college student and a traditional National Guard soldier. Most Masons I know are not lawyers, police, or politicians.

"To relieve the distressed is a duty incumbent upon all men". This is something we learn in the 1st degree. So is truth; to be good and true is the first lesson we are taught in Freemasonry.

Plus, as many have said (including myself), our Oaths appertain to Freemasonry alone, they don't interfere with any other duties we owe elsewhere. Also, we are told to be good citizens and obey the law, not to subvert the government under which we fall.

reply to post by Shadow18433

As soon as I can I will get a picture uploaded. It won't be in front of my city's sign, but I will take it at the BSU Bronco tailgate tonight.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

"To relieve the distressed is a duty incumbent upon all men". This is something we learn in the 1st degree. So is truth; to be good and true is the first lesson we are taught in Freemasonry.

I'm distressed because you masons wont tell me what actually goes on at meetings, and wont be honest when it comes to telling me the secrets. . .
So that's that blown out of the water then. . .

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

silly mint. You have been told time and again. WE start the meeting by sealing the lodge, and verifying all present belong there. More tradition than anything as most of the time it's the same dudes. then we say a prayer. Then we go through old and new business. Then we talk about any people who need assistance, be it keeping them in prayers, or actual monetary assistance. then we have a closing prayer, close the lodge, have a closing charge, Like a prayer, but not the same, more of a reminder of what we are supposed to act like. then we go out and have a snack and drink some sweet tea. NO beer for us. then we go home. Yes, that really is what we do. Ask any mason here. Of course when we have degrees it is more interesting as we get to be involved in communicating what we have learned to a new person.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

Is that one of the secrets? That you're cloning one another at masonic meetings!!? No doubt someone will make a movie about, "Masonic Park!"
Sorry, couldn't resist it.

The secret is, Augustusmasonicus is the worshipful master of a group of imaginary friends... login Appak, login Joshnorton... as for Patricia..., it's his feminine side...Sorry, couldn't resist it either..

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
...and drink some sweet tea. NO beer for us.

That really needs no further comment.

Sorry.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The secret is, Augustusmasonicus is the worshipful master of a group of imaginary friends... login Appak, login Joshnorton... as for Patricia..., it's his feminine side...Sorry, couldn't resist it either..

Once again, easy to prove, no one uses my home computer execpt me. Same for my work laptop. When Josh's ISP comes up as Texas and mine comes up as New Jersey you may have a bit of a problem. I would really want someone to check this. Unlike you I only post under this name. Thank you Achill...I mean Road Warr...I mean NWO Secret Agend....wow, so many bannings I can hardly keep track.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Why don't you talk about your most interesting imaginary friend, Appak...

We all know his farewell thread '' A Mason about to expose ALL the secrets '' is a HOAX.

you sacrified his account to use him as a martyr for using his last posts as a propaganda strategy to protect freemasonry.

and...., about your imaginary foes, i don't know if it's a fixation or is it a strategy to derail the attention from AugustusAppak' HOAX...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Ah, but that would be a violation of our Oath. I guess we can only strive to reassure you without spilling a word.

reply to post by network dude

Yeah, my Executive Committee either go to a hotel bar near us or a wine bar after every meeting. Both are good places to unwind after the meeting and BS.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join