It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't freemasonry sue conspiracy theorists?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

It was you that left the art of intellectual debate behind, as well as human decency, when you thought it was a good idea to make ill advised and ridiculous statements such as a football club being party to killing it's own fans. Even now, you can't backtrack and admit it was a stupid statement to make. You, as an arrogant mason are right and everyone else is wrong. Not satisfied with placing yourself in the gutter you are quite happy to drag your fellow masons in there also. How the once mighty have fallen. Pathetic. Please, don't tell me anymore about how masonry can improve and make better a human being because if you're the result heaven help the freemasons.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

No, I think my point was very well received by yourself as it apparently has touched a nerve and I think you can now relate to when this hapens to us. You can now employ what you are running around and advising us to do in regards similar ridiculous statements that get tossed at Masons-sue for libel.

My advice, however, do what the rest of us do, man-up and deal with it.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Oh my god! You are so out of touch with normality it's shocking. . . You want to compare an accusation, a throw away remark about conspiracies surrounding your cult with the untimely deaths of 96 Liverpool supporters!!! You are a pathetic excuse for a human being. All that masonic weirdness has scrambled your thinking ability. You want to spend more time in the real world with ordinary decent people and less time slamming each others private parts in doors in lodge meetings. Take off the apron and the white gloves, leave the lodge and embrace normality before it's too late. . . mind you, in your case it clearly is to late.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Liverpool, you fight with good men for no reason at all! Take heed! The Sir is not as you accuse him to be!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
OK, THE BICKERING STOPS RIGHT NOW.

ENOUGH

If you can't discuss the issue with something resembling civility, and decorum, don't post...

Civility is not only expected, it's demanded.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
You want to compare an accusation, a throw away remark about conspiracies surrounding your cult with the untimely deaths of 96 Liverpool supporters!!!

Why is this anymore shocking to you then accusations of child abuse? The point was to show that yours (and others) throw away comments regarding Masons and Masonry can just as easily be taken in a very serious manner, and I am sure that sometimes they are, but a rational person will see them for what they are (nonesense) and disregard them. Should Liverpool Football Club fans sue me? Is this libel? Or is it an unfounded comment used to illlict a response?

You see, there is something that you have a good deal of personal and emotional time invested in, rooting for your soccer club. Do I think your response is 'cultish' in nature? No. Do I think your response is overly rhetorical and emotional? Yes. I, and other Masons, can choose to have the same responses, but maybe we opt to take the high road most of the time since a good portion of comments such as that are not worth getting aggravated over.

You are a pathetic excuse for a human being. All that masonic weirdness has scrambled your thinking ability. You want to spend more time in the real world with ordinary decent people and less time slamming each others private parts in doors in lodge meetings.

More ad hominem attacks and not germain to the topic. With all your remarks and comments about myself and other Masons I did not see one person stoop to using personal insults against you and I honestly think most of those remarks were far worse since I do not believe mine.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Has anyone read "What Drives the Anti-Masons?" by Tim Bryce, PM?

It's a good quick read about anti-Masons. If you have not, read it here.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Yes, I read that a while back . Good reading. Good to know if the impending #estorm happens with he new Dan Brown book. Ow, I hate to even feel tha t I promoted it.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
You made an accusation that Liverpool FC stood by and watched 96 of it's fans needlessly die.

I used and analogy. 99.999% of the poeple on this forum know what an analogy is and understand its implications. That does however leave .001% who do not, or can not, understand what it means, which portion do you want to fall under? It is a lingusitic device used to convey a meaning. You obviously got the meaning owing to your extreme reaction to the device.

I would have thought it was fairly obvious this was employed to evoke a particular response which it has done fairly successfully. You can now empathize with those who you constantly question and draw your own conclusions on how a person should respond to imbecilic statements.

Are they worthy of your attention? Apparently they are. Instead of viewing them as purposely over-the-top you opted to take them to heart and emotionally involve yourself in them.

Additionally, are they libel worthy? Would any objective person believe that they were made in a factual context? This is exactly why I used this analogy. It was so absurd, that it could not be viewed as rational, just as numerous comments regarding Masons and Masonry are not worthy of attention or addressment. They are so ridiculous and nebulous that they would never be worth pusuing in a libel case and, in all honesty, are usually not worth even dignifying with an answer.

The very fact that you mention such a thing to try and prove a point shows that you have no morals or decency.

Why are dead soccer fans suddenly off limits? Jump over to the 9/11 forum where people make much more offensive and inflamatory posts. Are your sensiblities as equally offended by those comments? Once again, I do not believe what I wrote, it was an analogy. But, by all means, you can continue to rant and rail about them.

To many evenings at the lodge being told how great you are and how you and your fellow masons can't do no wrong!

Here you go again telling people what they must be thinking.

I've half a mind to copy and paste your disgusting remarks into an email to my local newspaper to see just how some sick people are talking about the Hillsborough disaster.

Your empty threats do not scare me, use your half a mind and copy and paste all you want.

You, and your masonic brethren are a disgrace. You and your like need bringing down a peg or two, and need to realise you can't go about casting dispersions on us decent people.

It seems the truth of your sentiments finally comes out. All it took was for someone to make an analogy about something near and dear to your heart (Liverpool soccer), for you to open up about what you think Masons need. Your obvious bias and resentment toward Masons has been readily apparent but now you have verbalized what, for some time, has been a thinnly disguised feeling.

Who are you to decide what group or people needs 'to be taken down a peg'? What fascist dogma do you ascribe to that enables you to issue warrant on what other people can say, do or think? Your feigned indignation is only used to further your distatse for Masons but in actuality is only a paraody of what you try proselytizing to others.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The other day I was going to suggest to Mint how offensive and belittling it must be to actual victims of child abuse to have people making absurd claims about Masons when the reality is that the majority child abuse is committed by mothers, not fathers.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
To get back on track of the topic...

'' Why don't freemasonry sue conspiracy theorists? ''

Could it be because, there is better ways, to get rid off conspiracy theorists...

'' Ho my GOD....Where is our friend Mintwithahole...''

looks like that leave room for pro-freemasonry Advertising recruiting threads like

'' Why join the freemasons? ''

freemasons' strategy ( in ATS also ) is like television advertising.

They talk about it over and over.....
They say how wouderful it is....
They say how it full fill their needs....

but hey....television advertising dont recruit '' clients '' eighter hmmm,
because to become a member of the '' Gadget club inc.''

YOU..... have to call, by your self..... and ask one to buy one...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow18433
Could it be because, there is better ways, to get rid off conspiracy theorists...

Yep, we just dangle shiny objects in front of their view and they are distracted. Or throw a roll of tinfoil over a cliff and they jump every time trying to get it.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Yeah, by letting them get rid of themselves.

But, then again, I think you are intimately familiar with this paradigm.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Truth is more effective is law suits.....given time......patience.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Yep, we just dangle shiny objects in front of their view and they are distracted. Or throw a roll of tinfoil over a cliff and they jump every time trying to get it.

can someone explain me why even if the Forum Moderator(seagull) just asked for respectful manners, freemasons can continue insulting non-masons and get away with it....

Sometimes it seems like, ats T & C rules, are for every members... exept freemasons....

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Shadow18433]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow18433

I thought the alert button on the bottom of each post was for complaining about things. Oh, well. I guess I was misinformed. BTW, I think Ksig was cracking a joke. It's humor injected into a conversation to lighten the mood. Oh, silly me, I'm sure you know what a joke is. Nevermind.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

can someone explain me why even if the Forum Moderator(seagull) just asked for respectful manners, freemasons can continue insulting non-masons and get away with it....

Sometimes it seems like, ats T & C rules, are for every members... exept freemasons....

I didn't insult. I was making a joke. And you should note that I have been reprimanded before so no, there is not any preferential treatment towards the Freemasons.

If you don't like my statements, click on "ALERT" and complain to the Mods.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

For the same reason you ignore name calling, responce would validate it. Also they can't a Social group cannot Sue a Person for Defermation of Charater being as they have no public holdings and are non-profit, oh and their a "Secret" Sociaty.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Answer is very simple, Masons do not go into discussions when they are provoking, smearing and low. If there are not anything positive to discuss and all is just negative then Masons retract.

Never argue with an idiot, he drags you down to his level and beat you with years of experience...

Best regards

Loke.:.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join