It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain publishes more UFO files, but few answers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Britain publishes more UFO files, but few answers

LONDON — The deputy commander of a U.S. Air Force base in England was baffled by what he'd seen: bright, pulsing lights in the night sky. Britain's defense ministry couldn't explain it either, but concluded that the unidentified flying object posed no threat.

The National Archives on Monday released the government's complete file on the "Rendlesham Forest Incident" of December 1980, one of Britain's most famous UFO sightings. It was among more than 4,000 pages posted online Monday documenting 800 alleged encounters during the 1980s and 1990s. Over the past three years the Ministry of Defense has been gradually releasing previously secret UFO papers after facing Freedom of Information demands.

I saw this and asked myself are we getting any closer to disclosure with things like this? I cant help but get the feeling that we are being placated. In this instance they are referring to the Rendlesham Forest Incident. It is very well know case in the UFO community. For those of you who are not that familiar with the case Here is a link and for those who enjoy videos are some YouTube vids. enjoy.

Rendlesham Forest incident

The Rendlesham Forest Incident is the name given to a series of reported sightings of unexplained lights and the alleged landing of an extraterrestrial spacecraft in Rendlesham Forest, Suffolk, England in late December 1980. It is perhaps the most famous UFO event to have happened in Britain, ranking amongst the best-known UFO events worldwide. It has been compared to the Roswell UFO incident in the United States and is sometimes referred to as "Britain's Roswell".

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Dr David Clarke, a UFO expert and journalism lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University, said it was significant that one of the biggest years for reports previously had been 1978, which saw 750 - at the same time that Steven Spielberg's blockbuster Close Encounters of the Third Kind was released. He added: "Obviously, films and TV programmes raise awareness of UFOs and it's fascinating to see how that appears to lead more people to report what they see. "In the 1950s you have UFOs with flashing dials like in the b-movies of the time, and the aliens tend to come from Venus and Mars - that stops from the late '60s when we find out how inhospitable these places are. "From the mid-1980s you start to see triangular-shaped objects - this is the era of US stealth aircraft. I think it's clear that people see what they expect to see." from.... news.bbc.co.uk...

It's this sort of vox pop rubbish from self appointed experts that really does cheese me off. I have umptten books covering sightings from the 40s up to the 89s and one thing you notice reading them is just how many UFOs did NOT look like *flying saucers* at all. Many reports were of * cigar shaped objects, *tube shaped objects*, *egg shaped objects* *cross shaped objects* and one that was quite common was a craft described as looking like a "bent pipe"... That's ignoring the huge amount that were reported as looking like *orbs*

If the guy actually bothered to do some proper research he'd probably find that the press tends to prefer to publish stories of sightings, which conform to their expectation that they are flying saucers, not the other way round. The triangle shape is another one that was being regularly reported back in the 50s but if it was written up, in the press, it was still, more often than not, referred to as a *Flying Saucer*....

So, the idea that people see what they expect to, is at best slap dash research, at worst just plain misinforation..

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Rendlesham is a case that interests me greatly. Hopefully somebody will pull the relevant documentation from wherever they are.

Originally posted by FireMoon
So, the idea that people see what they expect to, is at best slap dash research, at worst just plain misinforation..

Yes indeed. It also doesn't seem to occur to these people that maybe the reason sightings seem to go up when certain movies are released is because ( a ) the media is more likely to report sightings at such a time, and ( b ) people are more likely to actually look up and/or report things after seeing such a movie.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I do think when people report such occurrence that they may describe them in terms that they are familiar with. Such as at the turn of the 19th/20th century people were using descriptions such as "mystery Airships" etc. When the modern day father of UFOs, Kenneth Arnold described his eye witness account he described the crafts as crescent shaped and that they flew like the way a "Saucer" Skipped across a pond.

He never said they were flying saucers. Also Alexander the greats army was supposedly harassed not once but twice by what was described as a "Flying Shield" Flying Shield-336 BC aka Flying saucer-2009

[edit on 16-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I cant help but get the feeling that we are being placated.

That is exactly what is likely going on in my opinion. If they were truly interested in a disclosure then you would think they would release EVERYTHING at once, instead of obviously scanning over files to make sure they are 'okay' to release to the public. But I do not know if we can necessarily blame the elected officials in the UK or the US (or anywhere), as I believe they likely do not know what is going on, they have what we have, the real stuff is ran by the ultra black ops with only a few privy elected officials knowing anything, if at all. The 'truth' is covered so deep (IMHO) that the elected governments for the most part have no idea about what is going on, nor can they control it.

Another possibility however is that very slowly files are being leaked in a pre-emptive preparation for disclosure, a way to show the people that the government has been trying to handle the situation. Although if this is the case I do not get the point, because the governments would have to incriminate themselves to do so, meaning that if they release certain, non ET confirming files first---THEN go back and make a disclosure later, well then that would show that they knew and were covering the whole thing up, unless of course everything is played upon as a "breaking news" type of disclosure (ie; alien craft land at the Parliament and/or the White House). But again, this 'slow leak' does not make much sense unless of course it is an attempt to force the cards of another nation, like the United States.

Then again there is a third possibility, and that is the governments know nothing and what they are giving us is all they really have. But I highly doubt that, plus it is not as fun to speculate upon.

Thanks for the update Slayer, starred and flagged.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

True...

However we have seen the black "Triangle" before. Here's one with "saucers, Triangles, and cylinders etc"

Huge bright cross, orb sighted, aliens blamed for power cut + Nuremberg UFO woodcut explanation?

The above is a woodcut depicting one of the most amazing UFO sightings. This happened in 1541, before we had planes or air balloons …

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

That wood carving is probably one of the BEST pieces of ancient evidence concerning UFOs in my opinion.

Battle of Nuremberg, 16th Century

Between 1561 and 1566 residents of Nuremberg, Germany and Basel, Switzerland witnessed spectacular displays of spheres, disks and tubes zooming about the sky and engaging in an aerial ballet.
As a result of religious interpretation, medieval artists interpreted fuselages and wings as crosses, and rockets became tubes full of balls.

Image-Note that two people seem to be witnessing a crash of at least one of these flying objects in the woodcut.

At dawn of April 4, in the sky of Nuremberg (Germany), a lot of men and women saw a very alarming spectacle where various objects were involved, including balls "approximately 3 in the length, from time to time, four in a square, much remained insulated, and between these balls, one saw a number of crosses with the color of blood.

Then one saw two large pipes, in which small and large pipes, were 3 balls, also four or more. All these elements started to fight one against the other." (Gazette of the town of Nuremberg).

The events lasted one hour and had such repercussions that an artist, Hans Glaser, drew a woodcut of it at the time. It describes two immense black cylinders launching many blue and black spheres, blood red crosses, and flying discs.

They seem to fight a battle in the sky, it also seems that some of these spheres and objects have crashed outside the city.

Another report...

It began at dawn, as dozens, if not hundreds, of crosses, globes and tubes fought each other above the city. It ended an hour later, when "the globes in the small and large rods flew into the sun," and several of the other objects crashed to earth and vanished in a thick cloud of smoke. According to the Nuremberg Gazette, the "dreadful apparition" filled the morning sky with "cylindrical shapes from which emerged black, red, orange and blue-white spheres that darted about." Between the spheres, there were "crosses with the color of blood." This "frightful spectacle" was witnessed by "numerous men and women." Afterwards, a "black, spear-like object" appeared.

The author of the Gazette warned its readers:

The God-fearing will by no means discard these signs, but will take it to heart as a warning of their merciful Annunciation with St. Emidius Father in heaven, will mend their lives and faithfully beg God, that he avert His wrath, including the well-deserved punishment, on us, so that we may, temporarily here and perpetually there, live as His children.

www.altereddimensions.net...

Here is yet another similar incident that took place 5 years later reportedly:

A similar reporting occurred just five years later in Basle Switzerland. On August 7, 1566, at dawn, many citizens of Basle (Switzerland), frightened, saw during several hours the black spheres involved in a formidable aerial battle, invading the sky of their city: The city's gazette recorded:

At the time when the sun rose, one saw many large black balls which moved at high speed in the air towards the sun, then made half-turns, banging one against the others as if they were fighting a battle out a combat, a great number of them became red and igneous, thereafter they were consumed and died out.

www.altereddimensions.net...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d878731a9a83.gif[/atsimg]
Courtesy:www.altereddimensions.net...
This carving has been put into arguments many times before, and has always withstood any debunking attempts. A lot of the skeptics claim it was a depiction of fireworks or a meteor shower, but a quick observation of the painting and the background proves otherwise.

There was quite the discussion about this carving about 25 pages or so into this thread:

The Three Clinchers For Proof of Alien Life

PS: Sorry for the off topic response but I wanted to extend on that very important carving.

[edit on 8/24/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

What I found very interesting is the black triangle like shaped descriptions. I will agree that probably most of the present day reports are probably very human high tech stealth aircraft. But there is noway they can be everywhere.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Now here is a find. Thanks jkrog08 Here are some down loadable PDFs for further research.

The files contain a wide range of UFO-related documents covering the years 1981-1996.
Find out more about close encounters, stray satellites, bright lights and Britain’s very own Roswell – Rendlesham Forest in Suffolk.

Files released in August 2009

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I thought I would have gotten more replies to this over the past few days. One small bump then off into the abyss.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Fixed....

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

LOL

Yeah you lost all my respect with that one.

Not really I found it very interesting that a number of threads popped up a few hours after I posted this one on the same topic and no MODS said anything.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

They must be busy, I know they got plenty of alerts from me.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Hey thanks for the info.
I'll be going over that later today.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by The-Hammer]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The British are very stiff upper lipped and slow to release anything that might cause an egg to hit the face as they say.

I know I was one? lol

But atleast the Euro countries are releasing files after the disclassifcation time.

Its a pity the US do not follow suit, but its the land of we know and want everything but share nothing!

Rendlesham has been a thorn in the Uk Military side but all is now coming to light.

[edit on 033030p://f33Thursday by Bob Down Under]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Anyone one for a truck load of fertiliser!

What ever next?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The worst debunking ever, the old prick needs a life or a bullet.

[edit on 043030p://f47Sunday by Bob Down Under]

top topics

join