It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat hair - Superstitious significance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm looking for some help...

I am wondering if any of you knowledgeable ATS'ers have ever heard of someone.... attaching a single BLACK CAT HAIR.... to a present, or to a christmas/brithday card.

I am trying to find out what it means....

Any help would be appreciated.

A family member of mine received such a card and she was always skeptical about it, and it's intention.

Thanks,

Gio

P.S.Wasn't sure where to put this thread... seemed ok in this board.

Edit: Changed title and corrected spelling.
[edit on 15-8-2009 by GioTheGreek]

[edit on 15-8-2009 by GioTheGreek]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GioTheGreek

This is all I could find on it...

www.kinrossfolds.com...

An American hill country superstition says that a cat can decide whether or not a girl should get married. The debating bride-to-be takes three hairs from the cat's tail and wraps them in paper, which she then places under her door step. If in the morning, the cat hairs are arranged in a Y pattern, the answer is Yes,but if the hairs form the letter N, the answer is no.

This was from the 3rd site I tried, so I am sure a more there are many more comments on cats hair and superstitions...

BTW - did you do a search...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yes I did, but I didnt really find much about a single black hair attached to a gift, or what it signifies...

I thought it was odd, it was given to my grandmother in a card.... around Easter time, from a girlfriend of my fathers....

She didn't like it...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Guess it would depend on how the hair was attached. I know that my cats always want to "help" when I am doing something... like typing for instance or playing a video game or anything that does not directly make them the center of attention.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hehehe....

It was attached with Scotch Tape.

It was meant to be there.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
How do you know the hair was from a cat? Could the cat hair have gotten under the scotch tape by accident? Like did the tape have any purpose other than holding the hair? I have dogs and their hair often gets stuck on the tape I use.

Seems weird. I couldn't guess the significance. How well did/do your grandmother and your father's girlfriend get along? Were there any other clues that the girlfriend may have had an interest in witchcraft/been superstitious?

[edit on 15-8-2009 by kitfox]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
They didn't get along, and she admitted to putting the Black Cat hair in there on purpose... supposed to be "Good Luck" she said.

Smelled fishy to me....

My grandmother has passed and I don't blame that, she was in bad health... etc.

Just wondering if there was a dark implication here.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I've got a black cat. There is no way I can ever use tape for anything, without it grabbing at least a few black cat hairs. It's just one of the things you learn to live with when you have cats.

How about just asking the person who sent it? If they meant something good, they'll probably admit they were hoping to send good luck or whatever. If they meant something evil, they might try to lie about it or deny doing it. In that case, return the gift to them, along with the cat hair. If they're really superstitious (and malicious), that will probably worry them.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GioTheGreek

I would guess it was really meant to be bad luck as in a black cat crossing her path since they didn't care for each other very much. Or maybe the girlfriend did it just to arose the suspicions as to "why" she would have done that. In order to mess with her by making her try to figure it out. Sounds to me, like your grandmother figured out that the girlfriend was just nutty and didn't care for her on that alone which make her a wise woman in my book.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I donno but we have 3 black cats and their hair is everywhere! Especially in the summer months, its so annoying!

new topics

top topics

join