It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Practicing The Positive Occult.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I will try to keep this post concise.

I am interested in practicing occult "magic" but as you know there is a wealth of information and disinformation online. Almost all occult practitioners always have a common theme of worshiping or devoting themselves to negative beings.

Most of these "occult systems" deny such claims but once you are thoroughly vested in the practices you are revealed the truth stated above. Based on the video below, is there any way to obtain arcane knowledge as well as practice rituals to higher (positive) entities?

More Background: I find it quite difficult that the only way for a sentient individual to learn arcane knowledge is through cults or sects who devote their efforts for negative beings. I am convinced there is a system that uses arcane knowledge in a positive manner.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by vegno]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
look into AMORC, we do not worship an "evil" being. we dont really worship anyone persay. one word of caution though, much of what is on the net about AMORC is false, only once a member, can you find out the truth. ive been a member for awhile now, and it almost seems like the stuff is put on the net to disinform....

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vegno

Try a book called The Sacred Teachings of Abramelin the Mage.

It is a very old book about a man who searches for "Holy" magic and finds it.

Vas

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Its unheard of, but the potential of this happening is just as equal as the negative. Positive entities are impartial and do not participate in human in human affairs, breaking the primary distortion of freewill is the last thing they want to do.

I've read the law of one, which is Arkane knowledge in my book.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11b1p
look into AMORC, we do not worship an "evil" being. we dont really worship anyone persay. one word of caution though, much of what is on the net about AMORC is false, only once a member, can you find out the truth. ive been a member for awhile now, and it almost seems like the stuff is put on the net to disinform....

Your implication is you're a mason? If so how do you not worship a evil being?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
i would look into Nature Magick, as Mother Gaia is a divine positive being. The reason most occult, not all, are inherently negative is the ease with which one is able to gain "powers". It an easy road to follow, whereas the positive is more effort intensive. As with meditation and psychic powers, Chop Wood, Carry Water.

Nature magick in my opinion is as positive as occult as you'll get. Though you may not want to delve into druid type stuff, i have read some compelling evidence that druids and illuminati are intertwined. But that is for you to decide.

i personally prefer to develop my personal abilities, ie, psychic and spiritual abilities, though i have studied some Nature Magick.

love and peace

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

only once a member, can you find out the truth. ive been a member for awhile now

Can you specify what rank you are within the society and how long have you been a member? Not to discredit you, but most initiates of negative cults/societies are fed grandiose images and lies.

i personally prefer to develop my personal abilities, ie, psychic and spiritual abilities, though i have studied some Nature Magick.

Can you please elaborate on how you go about developing your psychic and spiritual abilities?

the law of one, which is Arkane knowledge in my book.

I will look into it.

Try a book called The Sacred Teachings of Abramelin the Mage.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Again, I do not believe arcane knowledge in itself is of negative nature. That is why it is astounding for me to see the number of negative societies (heard and unheard of) based on such knowledge. Surely this information can be taught and used in a positive manner?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I cannot see any path that leads one to becoming an adept that would not be putting oneself in touch with the divine.

So I do not understand why some people believe in black magick.

There are bad things, and they are evil, but those things are always aimed at power over other people and the institutions of man. By their very nature they don't concern themselves with God.

I don't get the question, sorry.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
In my opinion there is no evil magic or good magic magic is neutral.Its what you do with it that makes it good or evil.Try looking into the quaballa or hermetic magic if your intrested in contacting "higher beings".I personally dont agree with practicing magic I study magic very intently but practicing it just seems to me like there are too many factors in wich it can go wrong and youll end up messing your life up.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TevashSzat
In my opinion there is no evil magic or good magic magic is neutral.Its what you do with it that makes it good or evil.Try looking into the quaballa or hermetic magic if your intrested in contacting "higher beings".I personally dont agree with practicing magic I study magic very intently but practicing it just seems to me like there are too many factors in wich it can go wrong and youll end up messing your life up.
There is evil and good. But I agree with you about not practicing it. Research is fine. But no need to practice anything. Your either magic or not. There is only one god. A GOD of moral love. I had to retire.
By practicing it you can become a pawn to the overlords.

-retired.
I look at it like this...
Me being a monkey...should i try to figure out humans? This is what its like when you try and figure out beings of higher consciousness. Not all are divine so be careful what ones you call upon.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Azen thorhammer]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
A real waste of time, trust me, although I know you won't listen, I wouldn't.
You will have to discover for yourself.

I spent over 10 years practising "white occult magic" whatever, working with Arc Angeles and Masters.

YOU DO NOT NEED THEM! Nothing is of a higher anything than yourself.
It's like going to the Mob for a favor.

Anyway here wasthe group I studied with.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 14-8-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Any true magician works by himself, and you are dealing with extremely powerful forces. Keep it simple stay focused on your intent, and watch your back! I have noticed a few wiccas here on ATS, hopefully they may flock to your thread. I posted some videos you may want to check out and the person interviewed is willing to help you in the right direction

predictions and natural magic
good luck

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Azen thorhammer

I guess I am a pawn to the overlords then. lol I've been actively practicing since I was 20 years old. Some before then. But for 22 some odd years on a regular basis.

Has anything bad ever happened to me? Sure, hasn't something bad happened to you? I'm not scared.
If I were scared, I'd stay away from something though. It's that fear that gets people.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Simple ones, not really magic in the traditional sense but still very good: prometheus rising, some sort of self help book based on intention and awareness with things to practice and 'homework' to do.

And free to boot
: www.scribd.com... Or quantum psychology www.scribd.com...

These books tap into the same source as everything else except for needing the rituals involved.

Because, when you get down to it, rituals and those things only focus your intent on a subject, the ritual itself is not that important but the focus it creates, same reason that so much of those things seem to work while they are doing it all on a different manner.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

well, that's one line of thought. I think that's the line that says that intent is all there is.

There's another line of thought that elements of a ritual are important, due to aligning the essense of certain things - IE using astrology to time rituals, herbology, gamatria, ect.

Some people feel that all that is 'props.' Some of us do not.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Good point, the universe and it's powers do affect the effectivity of the 'wish' i think, and isn't 3 AM 'ghost hour' or something? Stuff like that. Thanks for reminding me to take the environment into acount.

So, intent, focus, timing and even the place (if you believe in the power of leylines and things like that) have influence on the radiance of the 'wish'

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Harman]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
there is no neutral supernatural power. either it comes from a demonic spirit, or an angel (or the spirit of God).

the demons will only give their powers as bait, to entrap you into doing their will. Sure, it comes easier, but it will destroy your soul.

The spirit of God is much more powerful, but you must surrender your life absolutely to God to recieve it. and you can't do whatever you want with God's power. you can only serve him with it, and follow his will with it, it isn't for personal benefit. God will not give his spirit to anyone who intends to use it for their own benefit, and not to serve him.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritfilled
there is no neutral supernatural power. either it comes from a demonic spirit, or an angel (or the spirit of God).

the demons will only give their powers as bait, to entrap you into doing their will. Sure, it comes easier, but it will destroy your soul.

The spirit of God is much more powerful, but you must surrender your life absolutely to God to recieve it. and you can't do whatever you want with God's power. you can only serve him with it, and follow his will with it, it isn't for personal benefit. God will not give his spirit to anyone who intends to use it for their own benefit, and not to serve him.

Well that is one way of looking at it if you follow that path but not everything revolves around your god(no offense) there are many Gods and Goddesses out there. It all revolves around what you believe in. I personally do not believe in a god or goddess but I believe that people use deities as a focal point in their live for whatever reason. Like focusing magic,finding a meaning for life, warding spirits or whatever you would use them for. Im just saying there is no one set path for anyone to follow. You should follow whatever works for you.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandKitaro777

Originally posted by 11b1p

Your implication is you're a mason? If so how do you not worship a evil being?

no, im not a mason, im a rosicrucian, one of the masons degrees is the rosy cross, but masons and rosicrucians are different.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by vegno

Most things in life have both positive and negative aspects; magick is no different.
As too with 'Godly' beings; for example Yahweh.

The mechanisms of occult ritual practice are neither positive or negative; it is only the intent that the adept employs during these workings that determine weither they become positive or negative.

Of coarse negitivity is employed by other factions that may not share your beliefs; designated religions utilize this aspect, and demonize their opposition to keep their members from straying.

<<   2 >>

join