It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid: Protesters are 'evil-mongers'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Oh, the irony.

Under the Bush administration, the "axis of evil" were terrorist sponsoring nations that could pose a threat to the U.S.

Under the obama administration, the new axis of evil appears to be none other than us - their fellow citizens.

article

Town hall protesters are "evil-mongers," says Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.)

Reid coined the term in a speech to an energy conference in Las Vegas this week and repeated it in an interview with Politics Daily.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
aww look at reid. hes so cute when hes a hypocrit. Remember, it was only ok to protest the president when GW Bush was in office.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Isn't 'Evil' a religious term? Isn't there supposed to be a separation of church and state?

I hate to say it, but I guess there sure is a lot of 'evil' around here.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well it takes an evil-monger to know another evil-monger.

Does it not?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Somebody, anybody, please buy that man a rocking chair.

The slamming of Americans by politicians is getting ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Will, I for one agree with reid. It's about time someone spoke up.

I mean, how dare we disagree with this administration, I mean come'on. Every time these people speak, they manage to say something amazingly stupid.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I guess if he (and Pelosi and Hoyer) say something, you gotta jump in and twist it around to make it look like they said something bad...

He characterized people who are disrupting town halls with "lies, innuendo and rumor," and not letting others speak "evil-mongers." Regular protesters are not included in this group.
Just the ones who are making total jerks of themselves and a mockery of the Town Hall process.

But carry on. Rant away about something that didn't happen.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I love this. One of my favorite Machiavelli quotes is:

"when your enemy is destroying himself, don't engage in battle with him"

The Republicans and Democrats who oppose this plan are having a nice August break, while the supporters are out getting hammered in these town halls.

Keep it up Harry & Nancy!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thanks for clearing that up BH. I don't like Harry Reid..but this kind of spin on quotes seems to be happening an awful lot lately...on both sides.

Much of the anger is carryover from the bank bailouts. I remember how angry I was and I think people have had some major distrust with government since then...especially after seeing that banks are now profiting in the billions again while people continue to lose their jobs, lose their houses, lose their health insurance, and continuing to pile up debt because they have no other options.

People are scared BH. They know something is not right...many just don't know why or they are being misled.

Do you believe something is wrong? Can't you feel it? Did you know Obama has made a deal with the pharmaceutical companies which will allow them to keep making TRILLIONS of dollars by paying the government 80 billion?

Obama sold out to them BH.....or so I heard on Hartmann today.

I have a feeling for what may happen in the future. I think the "left" is going to be just as angry as those on the right very soon because they are not going to get a public option.

Instead what we will get is a garbage bill that everyone will hate...and will still most likely have the best interests of CORPORATIONS, CEOS, and STOCKHOLDERS who don't give a damn about the average joe.

I think what we are seeing is the tip of the iceberg. And imagine that they are going to tackle Social security next........

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Oh, the irony.

Under the Bush administration, the "axis of evil" were terrorist sponsoring nations that could pose a threat to the U.S.

Really? Name one that did.

I don't think irony means what you think it means.

As for the rest of your comments, they would have had a little more merit if Reid didn't actually retract his in embarrassment.

As well he should have.

Deny hyperbole.

[edit on 13 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Do you believe something is wrong?

Of course I do. Something has been wrong for a very long time.

Did you know Obama has made a deal with the pharmaceutical companies which will allow them to keep making TRILLIONS of dollars by paying the government 80 billion?

I know a deal has been made, but I don't know the details. He couldn't get Health Insurance Reform passed without making a deal of some sort with Pharma. He's playing the game. He must.

I'd LOVE to see him break all ties with lobbyists, clean house, get rid of all shady practices in Washington, but that's just pie-in-the-sky. We have to work with what we've got.

I'm not saying I agree. I HATE Pharma. I'm fully against corporations and government sleeping together. But it happens. It HAS to happen for Obama to get his bill passed. He can't do it without them.

You may be right that we will all hate this bill, but I'm not going to be able to make a judgment about that until I know more about it. And the research I've been doing lately leaves me thinking that I disagree with some of it, but overall, I think it's a pretty good thing and I hope it passes and I hope it works.

But woah! This is way off topic. Oops!

Yeah! Evil-doers! Reid! Boo!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I guess if he (and Pelosi and Hoyer) say something, you gotta jump in and twist it around to make it look like they said something bad...

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

So, when the shoe is on the other foot - as they say - how does it fit?

Now try wearing it for 8 years or so.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't think anyone will want to be wearing that shoe by this time next year. I just cannot possibly imagine how life will be like in that long of a time.

Geez think about it. One year from now seems like ages away!

I cannot imagine this government making it that far, with the way they talk about stuff.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Notice how the democrats, white house and media are all working together to try and squash these protesters. What we have is a dozen left wing networks working to discredit Obama's critics. Is this America? Why are we standing for this? We should all me marching on their offices and demanding that they stop this assault on Americans.

EDIT:
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

He characterized people who are disrupting town halls with "lies, innuendo and rumor," and not letting others speak "evil-mongers." Regular protesters are not included in this group. Just the ones who are making total jerks of themselves and a mockery of the Town Hall process.

Yes, but the media is painting all these people as right wing lunatics. Its happening on a dozen networks and in most of the print media. So, when Harry says this, everyone of the people tat agree with him associate it with ALL of them. When have we ever had a sittuation where all that power and influence was being used to attack Americans right to protest and disagree?

I find it funny to see you claiming these people are a mockery. I don't ever remember you saying such about Bush protesters. In fact you have always defended those people and they burn cars, break in to buildings and fight with riot cops.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He characterized people who are disrupting town halls with "lies, innuendo and rumor," and not letting others speak "evil-mongers." Regular protesters are not included in this group. ...

Which to them would be anyone who dares open their mouths and ask questions or expose the politicians for what they are. As long as you sit down and clap at the appropriate times like a good little sheeple, then you aren't evil.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Notice how members here on ATS are still buying into the left-right, democrats vs republicans division??

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Last night just about everyone who was on MSNBC called those who do not want any of these proposed bills "lunatics" as well as a whole lot of other things.

It is about time we all started yelling at them. They don't listen nor do they seem to understand that the public pays them to do things like read the bills they vote on.

I sent a simple message to my Congressman and Senators:

If you vote yes for one of these massive, so-called health care reform bills, then I will vote NO on your re-election.

That, they do understand and more people need to point it out to them.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenadots

You will get a form letter stating all the wonderful sunshine, rainbows, and gumdrops that are in the Health Care Reform Bill. They will thank you for your interest.

Never reading what you wrote in the first place. This crap is all I get from my Rep/Congressman.

new topics

top topics

join