It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to consider Free Ranging Space Ships

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz

Originally posted by Larryman
reply to post by xmotex

Has NASA spent even one dollar on development of anti-gravity (dark energy) for use as a ship lifting force in the last 10 years?

NASA has researched dark energy in the last 10 years. Given the slow progression, even in non-NASA research, tells us that using dark energy is unreasonable in the near future time scale as propulsion. If you think such technologies exist then it's up to you to prove that they exist.

If you want to push Humanity into being a space faring civilization - then go join a space lobbying group. Doesn't anyone get it? The REASON we don't go to mars, or even the moon, is because the average person doesn't care.

[edit on 12/8/2009 by C0bzz]

I dont think I have that 'Need To Know' security clearance level required to 'prove such technologies exist'.

No... it's just 'up to me' to determine what I want my tax money spent on. And puny, pokey, polluting rocket ships don't buy my tax dollars for manned space exploration. When NASA chooses to abandon their 1940's 'Wernher von Braun'-based space exploration, and adopt a 21st-century anti-gravity method... then I'll consider tax funding support.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Ok and since they don't have made up because I said so technology, looks like we're on Earth forever. BTW, you're already funding 1940's German technology, only it's not going anywhere.

[edit on 12/8/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Dark energy would be a more useful propulsion method if we had the slightest idea what it was or how it worked, which we don't. Nobody's even certain that it actually exists, it's merely an artifact of mathematical models so far.

Some things are fun to believe in or think about, that doesn't make them practical to build a program on.

Rockets are an expensive, tricky, inefficient technology.

OTOH we know how they work, which helps quite a bit

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Here's something we must support...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's not some dark top secret reversed engineered alien technology. It's designed by a human and can do things NASA can't dream of. We should all stop puppet show and prove what humans are truly capable of.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
IMO the Free ranging concept would be simply explained as a space faring vehicle that is free to move about to anywhere desired such ass stopping at the moon, continuing to mars, going to stop by space station etc. rather than the current space faring models we now deploy that have one target destination at a huge expense.

Sort of like a chicken that is free range, free to move about the entire farm rather than just bok its way in a straight line.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm curious about this exact topic in long past magazines many years ago on future technologies. I think we would need more than one of these along with the capability on these craft to be both manned and unmanned.

There needs to be a back-up plan of escape, such as planet or moon based, if only a smaller self sustaining ship itself. I think these plans have all been covered long ago. Reading it today still sounds like future speak and asking for the funds and investments again. I really wouldn't be surprised if this has already been done in some form and highly classified anyway.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Dark energy would be a more useful propulsion method if we had the slightest idea what it was or how it worked, which we don't. Nobody's even certain that it actually exists,

I just posted this in another thread, thought you might be interested:

From Ununpentium

Bob Lazar asserted that ununpentium functioned as "fuel" for UFOs, being "stepped up" to ununhexium under "particulate bombardment," and that the ununhexium's decay products would include antimatter.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Isn't the idea behind Orion that it will take us back to the Moon, on to Mars, and even to asteroids?

I assume we would need a larger habitat (Like a Bigelow inflateable) for orion to attatch to, but isn't this the direction we are supposedly allready going in?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

We should have had light-speed space-cities by now.
[edit on 8/12/2009 by Larryman]

........That might be a little stretch, unless of course you know something we do not. I agree that the secret government has FTL capable craft, but a whole city? That is a stretch, even for me...

PS: I liked the NASA acronym,lol..

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well Star treks matter anti-matter may not be that far off.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d89cd9ed4e6.jpg[/atsimg]

To the stars and beyond

What’s the rarest and most expensive substance on our planet? No, it’s not platinum or gold or diamonds. Give up? It’s antimatter. Created for fractions of a millisecond by colliders and giant lasers, a single gram costs some $60 trillion according to a 1999 NASA estimate. Now, a recent experiment at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory might lower that cost. Apparently, when a short burst of a powerful laser hits a millimeter thin sliver of gold, it produces over 100 billion antimatter particles. The scientists at the laboratory plan to use their new technique for making positrons to study high energy physics. But there might be a very interesting practical application for their experiment in the near future.

Now you might be wondering what such an explosive, expensive and short lived particle could do for us outside of a lab. Because matter/antimatter reactions are 100% efficient, futurists and sci-fi authors thought it would be a good way to make cheap energy. Unfortunately, that’s not going to happen anytime soon. Because it takes trillions of watts to create positrons in the first place, the end result will be a net loss. However, positrons have another use. For the last twenty years, engineers started drawing up plans for an antimatter engine which uses quick injections of positrons as an accelerant.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Did you guys even check out the thread I referred to? I guess due to the lack of publicity it's not getting the attention it deserves which is probably going to change soon depending on how the local government will act. Basically the inventor combines the concept of matter, anti matter and dark energy to not only cause levitation of anything you name but also to produce as much energy you want and even make inexpensive carbon nano layers in room temperature which is an unheard of feat.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That concept seems to be only a positron rocket. Same old Isaac Newton action-reaction propulsion junk. And an Earth-to-Mars in 45 days is still pathetic. At that speed, how long would a voyage to the nearest star require? My guess is... multiple lifetimes. When they have Earth-to-Mars in one day... then they have something to consider. And do it without bathing either planet (and the space between) with expelled pollutants - even if they are sub-atomic in particle size. I want to see ship drives that are as clean in use as a magentic or gravitational field. And yeild light-speed ship speeds.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

Did you guys even check out the thread I referred to?

Yup.

Keshe's technology in a craft would qualify as a "free roaming vehicle". But we have no evidence that it works or even exists.

I'd like to believe but why?

You seem to be Keshe's main supporter here on ATS. What evidence do you have that we don't?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

Well Earth to Mars in 45 days isn't bad when we consider the first American settlers took 6 months to cross the country to settle the frontier

Besides the concept is for inner solar system travel just like the topic is about.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

Yes, I read it. And I'll believe it when I see his prototype lift him 30 feet into the air, and hold him there for 15 minutes. And then I want to see that very same device lift it's self 1 foot off the ground in a hard vacuum of a transparent vacuum chamber. And all demonstrated before critical scientist witnesses, allowed to examine for fakery. And I want to see their (not his) time-stamped video recordings of the demonstration, recorded from surrounding angles.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I hope so, also. But, I don't think I'm that far off. Just think of the vast expanse of the universe. We tend to think that there are space faring civilizations more advanced than our own. What we don't think about is the civilizations that grew, expanded on their home planet, then died there never moving out into the universe for any number of reasons. Perhaps they never comprehended travelling to other places, perhaps they died in their own filth, wasted their resources on what we consider 'social' causes. Perhaps we don't like to think that it will happend to us. Expansion is the life blood of the future of any civilization, and when you think globally, expanding off of the planet is the future life blood of our whole, entire, race. When you consider that, you have to ask yourself when is it too late? When does a global civiliation reach that point of no return when the amount of resources left are too small to reach the vast resources in even the local solar system? I think that we are nearing that point. Less and less is being spent on space exploration, much less expansion. Expansion is less likely when only robotic probes are used. I'm a big fan of science, but research is not the same as doing. And, doing is done by humans. So, we take away from the NASA budget, and spend trillions on bank bailouts, junk cars, health care, etc...

I think we are sprinting past that point of no return when we will not have the resources to expand to reach the resources that are available, and we all have ourselves to blame. Our personal short sightedness has made us turn away from the future in order to feed the now. Expansion into the 'new world' is humanities last hoorah, and the Apollo space program was just an expensive publicity stunt. We've populated the planet so we think that's good enough, we're eating (literally and metaphoricaly) through available resources like locust through a field.

Perhaps I'm wrong, I hope I am, but I've put a lot of thought into it. I've watched our greed fill the landfills. Sometimes I think about it some more, and it just makes me sad. We are no longer explorers willing to take risk. I don't expect that our planet will be rescued by extraterrestrials. The chances of them finding us is slim, so slim that it's mind boggling. Want to know how slim it is, watch this...

Doesn't look so bad, does it?

Now, watch this...

Now, there are over a hundred billion galaxies in the universe, for a very small peep hole on the universe for somewhat 10,000 of those galaxies...

We won't be rescued anytime soon. We need to do something to rescue ourselves.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
You seem to be Keshe's main supporter here on ATS. What evidence do you have that we don't?

I'm very active in the free energy community and this is the only exotic technology where its inventor is alive and kicking and has a solid plan to share it with mankind. I have to say that there are numerous free energy devices (which he also has btw) inventors who also are about to go commercial, but anti-grav is a bit more exotic than those

Since I live very close to him I asked him to join the project doing whatever as long as I can be part of the main goal. He said they'll contact me when they're ready. He also mentioned that we'll soon hear about the development phase so we'll all have to wait and see.

The reason why I'm so existed is because I have read mainly his patent which has the whole theory in it. And from my other research and talking with people his results are very similar to them. But he has the advantage by having made a complete theory around it instead of only having experimental data. The technology has been there before pretty much anyone here was born, the choices the inventor has made were always the reason why it failed big time. Keshe seems to go for the open and transparent path which I'm a big fan of and hopefully this path will lead him and the entire human race to success.

Yes, I read it. And I'll believe it when I see his prototype lift him 30 feet into the air, and hold him there for 15 minutes. And then I want to see that very same device lift it's self 1 foot off the ground in a hard vacuum of a transparent vacuum chamber. And all demonstrated before critical scientist witnesses, allowed to examine for fakery. And I want to see their (not his) time-stamped video recordings of the demonstration, recorded from surrounding angles.

I didn't know you where the emperor of mankind. After all this demands are made will you really be happy oh holy Emperor? I'm sure you think highly of your precious scientists but when you start to research this stuff that image will degrade very fast. The "established" academic community is ironically a very strict religion,especially the US one, anything that doesn't comply is heresy. He doesn't need to show anything to these people. All he needs is government approval and funding to spread it in the world. But as is stated on his website he's planning on touring the 5 continents showing the technology in action to 1000's of people on invitation basis. That's better than talking to army organizations behind closed doors isn't it? But regardless of that he still worked with some universities in the netherlands and belgium to prove the creation of nano layers in the cola bottle. I believe the US universities would not even be open to that.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by broli]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

A free-ranging ship, if I understand correctly, is just a ship that stays in space and is used for various missions around the Solar System, not purpose-built for a particular mission and then scrapped.

Like the Space Shuttle, then - unspecialized and reusable?

Well, the Space Shuttle hasn't really worked too well compared with purpose-built disposable boosters. Hope that's not an omen of failure for this new and rather likeable idea.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
IMO the Free ranging concept would be simply explained as a space faring vehicle that is free to move about to anywhere desired such ass stopping at the moon, continuing to mars, going to stop by space station etc.

Unfortunately, this kind of ship is impossible at our present level of technology. It takes energy to transfer and match orbits, and the ship would have to carry it all in the form of reaction mass (fuel), making it unfeasibly enormous.

Either that, or it would take years to make relatively short journeys, and its range of destinations would be severely limited.

In fact, I really can't see how this idea can be made to work at all. Can anyone else suggest ways? (Not 'harnessing dark energy' or 'reverse-engineered alien tech', but ideas that respect the laws of physics and the limits of current technology.)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

How about Solar Wind Sailing? I think that would be within current technology capability.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join