It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another".

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAftermath
reply to post by heliosprime

Well congratulations, you just earned yourself a spot on my ignore list.

I could ask you to prove any of that crap, but it would be an exercise in futility. There is no such thing as logical debate with you people.

Yes, yes why debate when you can run away and hide under the "ignore button"..........proves the OP..........you were "offended" as Jesus predicted...............

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Not quite.

I learned a long time ago expecting anything intelligent to flow out of someone who believes in a giant invisible man is an exercise in futility.

There is simply no logic to be found in your types.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAftermath

Not quite.

I learned a long time ago expecting anything intelligent to flow out of someone who believes in a giant invisible man is an exercise in futility.

There is simply no logic to be found in your types.

Your complete misunderstanding of God shows your own "intelligent flow" to be rather suspect. All "logic" flows from God, as does real science, morals, and everything manknd "thinks" man invented.

There are many who "claim" christianity but remain ignorant of its meaning. Those who are lost in some "my name is on the church" TV con man. Or the earth is 6000 years old, nonsense. Many choose the "safe" blinders of ignorance so they can "party" and ignore the responsibility of "faith" in doing Gods will.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matt 7:21-23..........Fake christianity is often worse than none at all.......

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Right. Most of the signers of the Declaration of Independence were Masons. They believed in a Higher Power but not the Christian God specifically. The idea was to found a country that was free of the religious strife that had plagued Europe for so many centuries. Exactly how do the "Christians" plan to get those of us who are non-practicing on board with this idea of a Christian country? By force?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

More clearly, there's the First Amendment to the Bill of Rights. It says that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof: ..."

By singling out" under God," as distinct from eliminating this phrase and going back to the previous version before 1954, the Pledge of Allegiance is a statement affirming a specific religious belief that a Christian God exists, as distinct from other religious beliefs.

The Supreme Court has previously said that no one shall be forced to say the Pledge of Allegiance, but public pressure and ostracism awaits anyone you doesn't. It is in fact a form of religious discrimination and bigotry.

All this pressure to recite the words, under God, in the Pledge of Allegiance are contrary to what America should represent at it's best. It is contrary to the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights. It is a sign that we still have to go a lot further to go eliminate religious intolerance.

Interestingly enough but not suprisingly, there have been attempts to add God and Jesus to the US constitution. Christian attempts to amend the US Constitution occurred in 1864, 1874, 1896 and 1911.

The original version of these amendments stated "We, the people of the United States recognizing the being and attributes of Almighty God, the Divine Authority of the Holy Scriptures, the law of God as the paramount rule, and Jesus, the Messiah, the Savior and Lord of all, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquillity, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and to our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Wisely Congress never passed this or similar amendments . But that doesn't mean God didn't creep in in other ways. For example, there is our current national moto which is printed on our money.

Wikipedia notes that "In God We Trust" is the national motto of the United States of America. It was so designated by an act of Congress in 1956 and officially supersedes "E Pluribus Unum" (Out of Many, One) according to United States Code, Title 36, Section 302. President Eisenhower signed the resolution into law on 30 July 1956.[1

This is from www.majorityrules.org...

A site which talks about the fact that there is NO mention of God in anything that was written in the founding of the United States until the early 1950's when it was introduced into the Pledge of Allegiance and our national motto.

Just saying that the history of our founding fathers is rather skewed. We don't know if they were masonic, christian, or secular, actually.

So...just to clear things a bit. A few people have valid points.

Just my $0.01 (inflation took a penny)

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
This is from www.majorityrules.org...

A site which talks about the fact that there is NO mention of God in anything that was written in the founding of the United States until the early 1950's when it was introduced into the Pledge of Allegiance and our national motto.

Just saying that the history of our founding fathers is rather skewed. We don't know if they were masonic, christian, or secular, actually.

So...just to clear things a bit. A few people have valid points.

Just my $0.01 (inflation took a penny)

This is such a lie no wonder the filth in the WH and his demons are taking over the devine wonder that was once America.

Read truth here.

www.wallbuilders.com...

God was everywhere in the founders lives, to say otherwise is just an outright LIE.......

Here is more:

www.loc.gov...

[edit on 26-9-2009 by heliosprime]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Thanks for your post. While some of the things mentioned have been happening for centuries, overall it seems plausible that those verses are describing our current world. Whether that is Western civilisation or the USA in particular, it appears there is some truth to it.

I am very curious as to your opinions on other the rise of other religions. The populations of Protestantism, Catholicism and Islam all boast very large numbers. People within all these religions have strong beliefs that the religious tradition they adhere to is correct, and cite proof in their Holy texts. They are also able to make correlations between current events and End of Days predictions.

How can we be certain we are following the truth? How can we say with certainty that our way is right and others, but not ourselves, are being deceived?

Edit to add:

I also wanted to add something else - my objection to the idea of Hell. It does not make sense that an all-loving all-knowing God would allow any of his creations to suffer for eternity. It is likely that the evil ones will simply not be granted eternal life. Do you honestly believe that our true Creator would even allow any parts of his creation to suffer for eternity? Especially given their inability to understand His true nature in the physical world.

[edit on 26/9/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

The answers to who's "right" are in the text of the bible itself.

Catholics.....violate graven images commandment among many others, sabbath day, fake holidays instead of holydays, etc.

So called Protestants that are "nock-offs" of catholic church who do many of the same things.

Islam is false in two big ways....allah is a moon god of ancient egypt and they flat deny Jesus as the son of God (YHVH).

Being "right" takes work.....

Satan knows it is the end of days and is setting up his final assault....

For example, all the "aliens will eat you" movies are setting up fear of Jesus actual return. So he can "muster" earths armies against him...

PS...hell....research the "second death" in revelations....being thrown into the "eternal lake of fire" noes not mean eternal torture......it means "the-end"...

[edit on 27-9-2009 by heliosprime]

[edit on 27-9-2009 by heliosprime]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Hi Helio, loved your post.

The forces of good and evil are SO prevalent in our world right now, I don't know how anyone could doubt that is the continuing saga of satan's rebellion against God The Creator.

Something I guess I have known but that just really struck me the other other day is, Satan and his demons --- they all know who God is, they all know that The Work of The Cross completed by Jesus was the final nail in their coffin. But many of the people that this was done for reject Him and disbelieve. Oh the irony of it all.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Well for a conspiracy site it is a difficult conept for many to accept that in fact "evil alien" forces are here on earth, trapped here by the good "alien forces". That these evil aliens (demons) can take human form. And they are moving mankind into a final showdown with the good alien forces when the devine good leader, (Jesus) returns to destroy the evil guys and those humans who serve them.

Further this war has been ragging for thousands of years and is nearing its final end. Oh and the devine good "alien" leader gave mankind a "roadmap" of how to survive this war and live eternal life. He sent his son in human form to deliver this message. Many humans with the help of the evil aliens murdered the leaders son, who then rose from the dead to grant "amnesty" to all humans.

Truth is always "stranger" than fiction.

God Bless those who "believe", follow the "rules" (commandments), have the faith of Jesus, and worship God the way he asks us to worship him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join