It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Prosperity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
OK, I took my 1983 Monty Carlo and with $4500 Federal Credit I got a new Ford.

What do you think Obama will do for us next?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TrailerHouseBoy

And now your Monte Carlo's engine is trash and the scrap metal for th car is on it's way to a Chinese company. In addition, you went from owning your car outright to being in debt to Ford Credit or someone similar.

Exactly how has this helped the average joe?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Exactly how has this helped the average joe?

The peace of mind that he'll be paying higher taxes to help the economy?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrailerHouseBoy

What do you think Obama will do for us next?

I can hardly wait to find out.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well at least you won't have to maintain or put so much gas in a 30yr old gas guzzler. You will probably save enough in gas to make the payments.

If Obama can stimulate the economy so that businesses can start hiring again and their is a more positive business climate; he might be able to get back some of the support he seems to have lost.

I just hope he ends the wars. To many kids have died needlessly for oil company profits.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
They'll stimulate the economy. Until those few billions run out. Then we're in the same boat, just with more debt. Yippee.

he needs to do the same thing for homes. Give us all about a 100 grand credit for trading in our old inefficient homes.

I know about 5 thousand illegal aliens and two dozen home builders that would make some money until THAT one ran out too.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Ever think that this cash for clunkers thing is an attempt to enslave us even more? Not financially, (though it has its leanings) but technologically? I mean, I'm a novice when it comes to cars, but I could repair an engine with enough time. New cars are so dependent on "Factory only" parts that they are running the shade tree mechanic in to the ground.

Good luck running your new Ford off of a wood gas generator. But your old Monte could have done it.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well the interior of my Monto Carlo was pretty wrecked out and I really love my new Ford.

I hope the next incentive addresses lawnmowers or charcoal grills.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I actually want the next stimulus package to be a new credit reform bill. Cancell ALL credit card debt as well as the credit cards. Force the credit industry to adopt new stricter standards on who is elegable to own a card and then let everyone reapply. Credit is the destroyer of people.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well I hope it's something where we get to trade in something old for something new.

I think that's alot easier than the credit thing you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

I actually want the next stimulus package to be a new credit reform bill. Cancell ALL credit card debt as well as the credit cards. Force the credit industry to adopt new stricter standards on who is elegable to own a card and then let everyone reapply. Credit is the destroyer of people.

RIGHT ON! This we do need, an end to Credit Card companies for good. Living on credit and money that has yet to be made is not the right way to go. Lets them all go down the tubes, and seize their assets to pay the fines for committing fraud on the American People.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well I think Obama is on the right track. We should trade in old srappy consumer goods and get new ones---especially if the government is going to pay for the upgrade.

I drove my new Ford todau and loved it!!

top topics

join