It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help heal Darfur

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Help heal Darfur with positive thoughts, white light, wich ever way you choose to project good intent.

I would like for people to chime in on projecting good intent on Darfur for a week.
Whenever you have the chance, even if you only can do it one day for a hour.
All help is appreciated!

Info on what is happening in Darfur --> Info

We should not be suggesting a solution, but merely encouraging healing on all sides so that they can find their solution themselves.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

It is sad that part of the world is in constant conflict. And the almighty Corporate Empire of America will never be able to resolve anything. I will most definitely help with this. I might even put aside my doubts that any resolutions will come in the next 200 years.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This a great Idea Locster...thank you so much for starting this. I would like to make a suggestion for a visualisation that people might like to try, although I don't think it matters what people use...it's just that some find the visuals difficult.

It might help if we imagine a constant stream of healing gold white light falling on the area, knowing it comes from a divine source, and starts to heal everything it touches. This is a well tested method of cleansing and healing, and if enough people get involved, this will be very powerful. Also, from the ground up, visualise solid healing Earth energy supporting and nourishing the people and the land, absorbing all possible negativity, cleaning and nourishing at the same time.

It's about intention, not providing the solution...the people of Darfur will do that for themselves. There is power in numbers. There needs to be the energy of calm and clarity pushed into the region, to give them space and time to heal.

Edit for typos

[edit on 6-8-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Thank you Mr. Toodles for helping out!

Thank you Caitlinfea for a great visualization!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I am really surprise Obama hasn't gotten more involved in Darfur. Ever since he met with his Sudan Czar George Clooney, I haven't heard much said about Sudan.

George Clooney apparently had a good reason for skipping out on Oscar night: He had a meeting with President Barack Obama.

The Oscar-winning actor appeared Monday on CNN's "Larry King Live" and spoke of his visit earlier that morning with Obama to discuss the humanitarian crisis in Sudan's Darfur region.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

My positive thoughts go out to Sudan.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

That is just great. So people are over there dying left and right and you think it is going to help things by sitting on our asses having positive thoughts about them.

So we should just let them decide whatever they think is best and maybe by thinking positively about them they will make positive decisions?

I think we should give them a deadline to act like humans and then if they dont meet the deadline we go over there and clean up the mess the good old fashion way.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Things are so emesshed that it is happening on multipal levels so yes all healing efforts are much much needed, but you do have a good point otherwise.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yes indeed, violence is always the best option for creating peace.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

Well it sure is a lot more effective then sitting around having happy thoughts while somebody is getting their head chopped off with a Machete.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

It's all about intention. Collective consciousness meditation is a really powerful tool, and if enough people get involved instead of tearing it down, it will make it even more powerful. All positive input is valuable.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

No it is not a powerful tool. It is just an excuse to make yourself feel better for being too afraid to do the right thing and make the hard choice and pick a side and put an end to it.

So tell me the truth what would you appreciate more if someone was about to chop your head off with a Machete? The guy who comes in with a gun and kills the guy that is about to kill you or the guy who is sitting in his room meditating and thinking happy thoughts?

Dont you think there wouldnt even be war if we could all just sit in a room and wish the wars away and peace for everyone?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I see what you are getting at, but still how do you stop the killing with more killing?
You need to kill the conflict, not the people.

And if everyone was sitting around sending happy thoughts there would be noone left to fight wars.

[edit on 6/8/09 by locster]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

There are only 2 ways to stop conflict between groups of people.
1. Negotiate a settlement where each side gets enough of what they want to quit fighting. Even in this scenario it is preferable to have some force on the ground to make sure each side lives up to the agreement.
2. Pick a side and beat the other side into submission.

These people chop off each others heads with Machetes. Even if meditation worked, do you think a bunch of savages are going to be tied into the universal consciousness?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Dont you think there wouldnt even be war if we could all just sit in a room and wish the wars away and peace for everyone?

Exactly..if we all sat still and wished for peace, that's what we would get. Who would be fighting?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Did you even read my reply?
Still i respect your opinion, but i do not want this thread to be a discussion about how to solve a conflict.
I want it to be a medium for people to help.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

All the people that didnt want peace would be fighting. That is who. Do you really think that everyone is suddenly going to become nice?

Mod Edit - Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

That is cool.. I respect that and I will discontinue my discussion in your thread.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Thank you very much. I agree the topic is worth a discussion, but it is not what i intended this thread for.
Thank you for understanding.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Great idea, many don't realize the power of thought. It's tough to understand for some, that our thoughts are energy.

I like to spread the Violet Flame over certain areas, so I will direct it to Darfur for some time.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is a selfless and generous contribution. I will do my part, and thank you Caitlinfae for the visualization. I will definitely use it.

Question: Is something I could do in the car while driving, or do I need to make an effort towards meditation?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join