It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops now a 'coalition of one' in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

US troops now a 'coalition of one' in Iraq

news.yahoo.com

BAGHDAD – The war in Iraq was truly an American-only effort Saturday after Britain and Australia, the last of its international partners, pulled out.

Little attention was paid in Iraq to what effectively ended the so-called coalition of the willing, with the U.S. — as the leader of Multi-National Force, Iraq — letting the withdrawals pass without any public demonstration.

The quiet end of the coalition was a departure from its creation, which saw then-U.S. President George W. Bush court countries for support before and after the March 2003 invasion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
As of today America is officially the last man standing in Iraq. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, in war its best to be the last one that leaves the battlefield...it means you survived.

I don't know what the hell that was out there in Iraq's Western desert, but those guys certainly killed it.

History will always remember this as the generation of the strongest men in the world and that they were Americans.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The soldiers, Marines and Airmen who have served in Iraq did a great service for the Iraqis. They now can live free of Saddam and the threat of his son's rule. Its up to them now, for the first time in a long time. It didn't happen easily or without mistakes, but it did happen. Even in the face of politicians back home doing everything they could to force defeat.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Wimbly]

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88
"History will always remember this as the generation of the strongest men in the world and that they were Americans."

History will remember this as the age of greed and deceit. And the greediest and most deceitful were Americans. Kinda reminds me of the monkey with his hand caught in a knothole because he won't let go of what's in his grasp. Same thing here.
If Iraqs major resource was cabbage instead of oil we would not be there.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

You don't know much about Iraq do you? Oil, Oil, Oil. The War in Iraq was about for more than Oil, young man. You should really think to pick up a book sometime and read a story until you understand it.

Read Gilgamesh and then perhaps you will understand. I am so sorry that you believe that this War, that's still being fought on other fronts, was/is about stinking black sludge.

Actually after giving it a little thought...if you think these wars are about oil please stick to that belief...it really makes identifying twisted minds easy.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
History will remember this generation of Americans as one of the most evil the world has ever seen. Not only are they responsible for the invasion and occupation of a country for the last seven years, but the wholesale destruction of it with hundreds of thousands of deaths are on their hands. How anyone with a clear mind can feel anything but shame for this pointless murder is beyond my comprehension. My thoughts are with the Iraqis who have needlessly suffered at the hands of the terrorist west.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Floating thru Reality

This is what you think Americans did, huh? I'll bet you all the money in the world that you don't know a single American. You just know people who think they are American or act like Americans at parties.

But express yourself fully...it makes it easier to see the nature of the enemy. I assure you that smell is coming from your house, not America.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88

This is what you think Americans did, huh? I'll bet you all the money in the world that you don't know a single American. You just know people who think they are American or act like Americans at parties.

But express yourself fully...it makes it easier to see the nature of the enemy. I assure you that smell is coming from your house, not America.

You lose all your money then. I am an American. I was born here, my family has been here for eight generations. That doesn't mean I don't see what happening in the world, some of us actually have brains that are still capable of thought. I'm well aware that most believe the BS that is pumped into their homes 24\7, but everyone believing lies doesn't make it true.

Oh and before you accuse me of being Muslim I'm not. I come from a Christian background and am an atheist.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Floating thru Reality]

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Floating thru Reality]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

So, you are an American? And you feel that you are the most evil person on Earth? I cannot believe what you did. May you should learn more about God and you won't do things like that.

You're strange. I am an American...and I haven't done any of those things.
Shame on you.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

History will always remember this as the generation of the strongest men in the world and that they were Americans.

Replace strongest with dumbest and you may be on to something there. Or do you consider strength engaging in pointless wars over lies?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Pointless war? The War was brought to America...we just fought it off. I said it before and I'll say it again.

I am an American and none of what you are trying to place on me belongs to me. And I am certainly not stupid enough to buy it.

Some of you are like those cops that try and plant drugs or weapons on a suspect you want/need to arrest. It won't work here.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Pointless war? The War was brought to America...we just fought it off. I said it before and I'll say it again.

I am an American and none of what you are trying to place on me belongs to me. And I am certainly not stupid enough to buy it.

Some of you are like those cops that try and plant drugs or weapons on a suspect you want/need to arrest. It won't work here.

I didn't realize Saddam knocked down the towers. I can't argue with someone who isn't even in reality or can't distinguish the difference between different brown people.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The funny thing about reality...what happens in one place...happens everywhere. The truth concerning the nature of these current events will appear within your own life, as we are all connected.

Fact...I haven't broken into anyones house. I haven't killed anyone and haven't stolen anyone's money. I wasn't even close to doing any of these things and don't know anyone who did these things.

Fact...My home was broken into. My family has been constantly attack, some killed and our money stolen. I kind of know who did it but they are very good at hiding. I'll get them eventually.

So you see this invasion has nothing to do with me and I am an American...I didn't come from anywhere and have always been here.

These things you say that are attributable to Americans are lies. Americans, like myself, have nothing at all to do with starting any war, but when we woke up from our Spell in the middle of a battlefield, we fought and won.

So you see it is you who are mistaken as to what History will say concerning the American. He is quite powerful and quite intelligent.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Saddam Hussein was the King of Babylon and far more powerful than you could obviously attribute to a mortal. Hussein is a master of deception, intrigue and subversion and achieved power through crafts you probably aren't in any position to support or deny the existence of.

So don't tell me you know who knocked those buildings down...until the end of the war no one will know.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The funny thing about reality...what happens in one place...happens everywhere. The truth concerning the nature of these current events will appear within your own life, as we are all connected.

Fact...I haven't broken into anyones house. I haven't killed anyone and haven't stolen anyone's money. I wasn't even close to doing any of these things and don't know anyone who did these things.

Fact...My home was broken into. My family has been constantly attack, some killed and our money stolen. I kind of know who did it but they are very good at hiding. I'll get them eventually.

So you see this invasion has nothing to do with me and I am an American...I didn't come from anywhere and have always been here.

These things you say that are attributable to Americans are lies. Americans, like myself, have nothing at all to do with starting any war, but when we woke up from our Spell in the middle of a battlefield, we fought and won.

So you see it is you who are mistaken as to what History will say concerning the American. He is quite powerful and quite intelligent.

Oh... you're just crazy. Ah well good talking to you, I hear they're doing impressive things with meds these days.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Oh Cool, now you canfight by yourselves in Afghanistan if you want also.

Since you think Nato servicemen and women dont do anything to help, especially the British.

We will all pull out leave you to it. Shall We.

Means no more of our Lads or Girls will be killed. Oh and no more of our Soldiers being killed by USA forces supposignly mistakingly eh.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I'd bet some money that if NATO and the remaining coalition withdrew from Afghanistan the violence would end their too.

Who do you think is arming the Taliban and other militants anyway...the same people who have always been.

You wilely and crafty British...got your hands in all kinds of cookie jars.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

Your Government Idiot.

The CIA helped train and support them. Ops forgot you dont think your country is blame for nothing that happens in this world.

Um guess what, everyone knows the US has had its fingers right up to its armpits in this.

Take some responsibility for your actions for once.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Laurauk

I'd bet some money that if NATO and the remaining coalition withdrew from Afghanistan the violence would end their too.

Who do you think is arming the Taliban and other militants anyway...the same people who have always been.

You wilely and crafty British...got your hands in all kinds of cookie jars.

You don't seem to be aware of history at all. It was the CIA under Carter that armed the Afghanis. They were our friends and God was on their side until they defeated the Russians. The difference is then we called them freedom fighters. This is such a old script I'm not sure how people aren't aware of it at this point.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I keep telling you the Government and most of its agencies, especially Intelligence was infiltrated and under foreign control until November 5, 2005 at about 2:30 MST.

I've decided not to take ownership for the things they did. Blaming America for everything was a part of the failed plot concocted in England between your Royals and the Shah of Iran. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join