It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops now a 'coalition of one' in Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I forgot that when you are dealing with British and their descendents in New England that the notion of fighting wars for resources is quite reasonable.

It just sounds weird to me because I don't come from a culture that would kill for money.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

tell me:

How old are you and what state do you live in?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zetamafia911

38, Illinois. I don't date online though.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The Brittish did the right thing in this case. They finally realized what this Iraq fiasco was all about and got out of there. Good for them. Give the Iraqis back there country and leave thier oil alone and in time things will settle down.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

Too bad, but from the way you were speaking it was easy to tell that you are single anyway.

on a non-personal note. Stop feeding the troll!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

Whatever...the British have been pressing for a deal like the Americans got for the last 8 months, but the Iraqi Parliament recessed for the summer without letting the topic come up for a vote. That goes for the Austrailians to.

The British were pushed out...typical British spin. Is that what the news is reporting over there?

Our forces were allowed to stay because we actually have something to offer...the British Army and its people are morally bankrupt.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zetamafia911

From where you are you can tell I'm single? You have exceptionally poor vision.

I suppose that's why you can't properly interpret the meaning of the British and Australians being asked to leave Iraq, while the Americans will stay and help them through this challenging time.

Get your prescription checked.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Now if somehow the Good folks from Brittian can be convinced to leave Afghanistan they would be sitting it tall cotton and move up yet another notch in my book. I must write a note to parliment and thank them for the thoughtful and brilliant move of getting out of Americas illegal War.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

You should write that letter...the world needs a good laugh; good medicine for a sick world.

Illegal war, huh? What is your understanding of the law that you are convinced that the we are somewhere Illegally? You should re-read your law books. We come out of this squeaky clean.

On the other hand the British and Austailians lost their legal cover and had to high tail it to Kuwait.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

The concept of a free Iraq minus saddam was a cover story used to keep all the idiots occupied.

Clearly, its working wonders.

Iraq had nothing to do with Saddam, or making Iraqi's free.
Iraq had nothing to do with removing weapons of mass destruction.

We went in, with the sole goal of putting pro-western people in important decisions, so the western corporations could control Iraq's oil.

That’s it.

Yes, the soldiers used to fight this war were probably noble men, who on the ground really did care about the people. But the higher-ups giving orders saw them as nothing but collateral damage and obstacles on the way.

So now Americas on its own.
Quite disgusting when you think about it, it only took 6 years for nations to finally realise the reality behind this adventure. Those who held out the longest are the ones with the most to lose in this little 'deal'.

Iraq? Is like a massive statue in the centre of the world. Able to be seen from all corners of the planet.
It's a symbol of mans greed, stupidity, gullibility and evil ambitions.

Choose which category you fall under.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop
"It's a symbol of mans greed, stupidity, gullibility and evil ambitions."

I couldn't agree more. Next stop Iran I suppose. However there are signs that the whole damn world is waking up to Americas true intent and are getting rather sick of it. Australia also left. Good for them. The American people are already paying for thier illegal and corrupt actions and more is yet to come. "In God We Trust" Indeed.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by kenton1234]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

I'm sorry Mr. Troll but I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. Go take your meds and have a little nap and when you wake up there should be a nice episode of american idol on television for you to watch.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
IDKS88,

Well you seem to have your mind made up. Since in your view we are fighting a just war and all those will be remembered as STRONG men.......hey dont miss out on the FUN!

enlist, go see for yourself.

Deny ignorance is the motto on this site good sir.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The guy IDK88 joined less than 2 weeks ago and he is trolling you guys hard. I know most of you feel quite strongly on subjects like this (and you should) but if the admins won't do their jobs then it's time to just ignore people like this and move on. No one can be this stupid and if you've come to this conclusion you should also be able to follow the Logic Path and realize that he must be trolling.

So quit feeding him, put him on ignore and be a much happier person.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

What is the date of this 'speech'?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Floating thru Reality
History will remember this generation of Americans as one of the most evil the world has ever seen. Not only are they responsible for the invasion and occupation of a country for the last seven years, but the wholesale destruction of it with hundreds of thousands of deaths are on their hands. How anyone with a clear mind can feel anything but shame for this pointless murder is beyond my comprehension. My thoughts are with the Iraqis who have needlessly suffered at the hands of the terrorist west.

houston, we have a failure.

Yea how dare we, we should have kept Saddam in power, but then i guess you would be complaining about that too.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
reply to post by orangetom1999

I suppose we will see how this unfolds...I am under the impression that the troops in Iraq still standing is just a symbol of what is happening in our own homes; the real space that the war is being fought.

I suppose that is our difference you have a bottoms Up way of looking at the world and I have a top down.

Perhaps when you are a little older you'll see that the war was first being fought inside your own home and secondly on television and the newspaper.

IDK88,

I dont put alot of stock in what the Newspapers or the electronic media will feed the public. I will think it through for myself..thanks,

Most of the media is nothing more than a shill for the two dominant political parties. They do not represent the bulk of the American people and never have. THe two political parties also do not represent the bulk of the American Peoples. Public education is paid for by the body politic making this suspect as well.

Most Americans havent a clue how big a paper curtain there is over a supposedly "Free People." Even so in the internet age.

I learned this years ago...when listening to shortwave radio on my olde copper antenna strung out back into the trees. Since those days I have earned my Ham radio license. Interesting to hear what others say around the world and what informations one can gleen. It is up to us to decode the informations we get...even from our supposedly "unbiased...fair and balanced sources."

I am likewise careful what I read and believe even from sites like this one.

I am just as patriotic as the next American. I just know enough not to believe alot of what comes out in the news, in politics, and also in public education. I will read and study much of this for myself.
When you read and or study alot of this stuff...you need the famous decoder ring. Same thing with listening to the news...especially out of Washington DC. SAme thing with public education.

OH..and wars are always and also fought on the home front. YOu would be surprised to learn how tired the American public was getting of WW2. How shocked Americans were to learn what was really happening to the troops in the Civil War and learned only through some of the graphic photographs of Mathew Brady and others. Only a handful of these documented photos survive today..having been rejected by the shock of most Americans who were to see them.

Just some additional informations for you IDK88. You might want to read some Carl von Clausewitz about the nature of war..especially the political nature of war. And I am not just talking about America here but all countries.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

History will always remember this as the generation of the strongest men in the world and that they were Americans.

Or history will always remember this as proof that Americans really can't take a hint.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

As of today America is officially the last man standing in Iraq. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, in war its best to be the last one that leaves the battlefield...it means you survived.

I don't know what the hell that was out there in Iraq's Western desert, but those guys certainly killed it.

History will always remember this as the generation of the strongest men in the world and that they were Americans.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The strongest men in the world? They never have ground battles, I gues you haven't heard ^^ the American troop ground duty is to spot the enemy and call for Jets to come and bomb the hell out of that place. Yeah time to time they are forced in to battle but that is when they are behind their tanks and armoured vehicles.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by metro
The guy IDK88 joined less than 2 weeks ago and he is trolling you guys hard. I know most of you feel quite strongly on subjects like this (and you should) but if the admins won't do their jobs then it's time to just ignore people like this and move on. No one can be this stupid and if you've come to this conclusion you should also be able to follow the Logic Path and realize that he must be trolling.

So quit feeding him, put him on ignore and be a much happier person.

That is the path to ignorance. hence ignore.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join