It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your quirks?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

That is interesting. Funny how quirky we are isn't it? Personally, I hate socks and shoes too. I'd rather be barefooted whenever possible. My feet hate to be covered. They are large and wide with high arches and short toes. Ugly feet but they want to be Freeeeee.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Originally posted by Bluebelle
reply to post by seagrass

Odd as in not matching
although I wont wear a long sock & short sock together, they have to be matching lengths.
I have deep rooted issues with socks, I used to be fine wearing matching one's but had to wear them inside out because I hated the seam on the inside.

Made me smile

I wear 'odd' socks, but not with the same meaning you. My socks are outlandish to say the least. I like to keep the establishment on its toes, shake things up a little, ya know?
My daughter has cool shark socks. Ones that look like the shark is swallowing her foot. Some kind of "stand out from the crowd with socks" thing. You can kind of hide your weirdness that way.. and yet it peeks out from under your pants. If someone was curious enough you might show them. lol

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Bookshelves, closets, anything that displays stuff is just BEGGING to be rearranged imo.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

That is interesting. Funny how quirky we are isn't it? Personally, I hate socks and shoes too. I'd rather be barefooted whenever possible. My feet hate to be covered. They are large and wide with high arches and short toes. Ugly feet but they want to be Freeeeee.
I am the same. But they don't like to be cold, and if the floor has crumbs and icky stuff on it then socks are my protectors. Flip flops mostly. I think my feet have invisible lungs and must breathe.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Numerical information gets stuck in my head, with no apparent reason to want to store it.

I'm inherently messy; my organizational skills are apalling.

One of my pet peeves is generalized labels being affixed to people. I obsessively focus on the labels and often miss the point of the conversation.

I won't wear anything orange; no known reason -- I think it's as good of a color as any.

I need the sea, and get in it almost daily, sometimes just to sit in it and not even swim.

I like to talk about mysef. Serious personality flaw, and it's cousin -- I'm overfond of my own wit.

I need to help people, and although I don't do so with any expectation nor desire of reward, I'm pretty sure there's an internal reward or motivation, such that it sometimes doesn't feel like a sucessful day unless that has happened.

I love the taste of garlic. The smell of garlic makes me want to vomit.

I can't seem to go anywhere without my camera. (seems now like many of these things are obsessions rather than quirks).

I won't eat anything sweet unless it's a fruit; dislike sweet smells.

I wake up several times each night.

Other than my Bride, I don't like to touch or be touched by people.

I like to "use" prime numbers. If I'm going to use a microwave, for example, I'll set it on 61 rather than one minute. Somewhat related to that, I don't like symmetry, except perhaps in quantum mechanics.

What does all this mean to me? I think it's faily obvious I'm a pretty flawed human being.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Numerical information gets stuck in my head, with no apparent reason to want to store it.

I'm inherently messy; my organizational skills are apalling.

One of my pet peeves is generalized labels being affixed to people. I obsessively focus on the labels and often miss the point of the conversation.

I won't wear anything orange; no known reason -- I think it's as good of a color as any.

I need the sea, and get in it almost daily, sometimes just to sit in it and not even swim.

I like to talk about mysef. Serious personality flaw, and it's cousin -- I'm overfond of my own wit.

I need to help people, and although I don't do so with any expectation nor desire of reward, I'm pretty sure there's an internal reward or motivation, such that it sometimes doesn't feel like a sucessful day unless that has happened.

I can't seem to go anywhere without my camera. (seems now like many of these things are obsessions rather than quirks).

I wake up several times each night.

Other than my Bride, I don't like to touch or be touched by people.

I like to "use" prime numbers. If I'm going to use a microwave, for example, I'll set it on 61 rather than one minute. Somewhat related to that, I don't like symmetry, except perhaps in quantum mechanics.

What does all this mean to me? I think it's faily obvious I'm a pretty flawed human being.
bonanza of psychological stimulus... I'm gonna think on this..
math may be your form of organization, prime numbers being exceptional numbers, you have an admiration for them. They are special.
You don't like organization of labels. Freedom is more important to you than the restrictions of order. ??? how am I doing?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Orange is one of the least accepted colors. Has been somewhat labeled as eccentric. Probably why it is popular right now. It is also related to sexuality in chakra.. you don't like people touching you and orange says "sex". lol

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Water is cleansing.. you do have germ issues. I find a bath can do the same for me. I NEED water. It heals me.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I love talking about myself too, especially at ATS in this format. Is it a flaw??? oops.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Wow! That sounds pretty good to me, and a whole lot better than, "you're just a screwed-up waste of oxygen"
j/k I know you'd never say anything like that Seagrass.

I've never thought of things that way. You might be right on the money; my organization is mental rather than out in this unimportant physical world.

I wonder if I can get m'Bride to read this?
even with housework, I do the "gross removal" and she does the fine tuning -- stuff that I think is unimportant, except that she likes it, thus making it important by proxy -- stuff like dusting, which I will never understand; take settled dust and flick it about with a duster, making it air-entrained, so it can then again settle on surfaces as it was before.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

smell and taste disjointed. They need to get along....

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Wow! That sounds pretty good to me, and a whole lot better than, "you're just a screwed-up waste of oxygen"
j/k I know you'd never say anything like that Seagrass.

I've never thought of things that way. You might be right on the money; my organization is mental rather than out in this unimportant physical world.

I wonder if I can get m'Bride to read this?
even with housework, I do the "gross removal" and she does the fine tuning -- stuff that I think is unimportant, except that she likes it, thus making it important by proxy -- stuff like dusting, which I will never understand; take settled dust and flick it about with a duster, making it air-entrained, so it can then again settle on surfaces as it was before.
I cleaned houses for years. It is rearranging matter to a more suitable arrangement and that is all it is. So pointless, yet still creates a feeling of "ahhhh" when it is done. I understand COMPLETELY it's stupidity. And yet I have boxes of swiffer dusters and always will.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I love talking about myself too, especially at ATS in this format. Is it a flaw??? oops.
in your case, no. I dislike opinions being stated as fact, and I find myself saying "I believe, I think, In my opinion" etc. a lot. I read my own posts sometimes and they seem pretty egocentric to me. I don't know what would make them more palatable -- it's just me.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Hmm, could be.. although its only come about in the last 5 years or so.. Im going to have a think whether or not I experienced some sort of sock related trauma in the past

And dont even get me started on gloves.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

in your case, no. I dislike opinions being stated as fact, and I find myself saying "I believe, I think, In my opinion" etc. a lot. I read my own posts sometimes and they seem pretty egocentric to me. I don't know what would make them more palatable -- it's just me.
I do that too, even if I think it's true and everyone else should too, but it is polite. It also says I am willing to listen to other opinions which I am. We only have our own perspective, why be ashamed of it? Palatable or smell better? lmao. Who cares what people think... I do. But I try really hard not to.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I have some crazy socks.. one's that are pink and glittery, reindeer one's with bells on, frogs... the list goes on!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I cleaned houses for years. It is rearranging matter to a more suitable arrangement and that is all it is. So pointless, yet still creates a feeling of "ahhhh" when it is done. I understand COMPLETELY it's stupidity. And yet I have boxes of swiffer dusters and always will.

No, it's not stupid at all. I know I'm capable of it, because when people come to stay, I'll keep things neat, at least until they leave.

I admire people who keep a tight and neat household. I have to struggle for same, and I think it's a boring chore, something to get past before the fun and creative stuff happens.

Fun thread; thanks for the insight

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle

Hmm, could be.. although its only come about in the last 5 years or so.. Im going to have a think whether or not I experienced some sort of sock related trauma in the past

And dont even get me started on gloves.
Now I am extremely curious about your glove issues.. Could be the key... lol

Socks are fun. Weird ones don't hurt anything.. no different than jewelry. There are some hideous necklaces out there.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I'm curious about something Bluebelle........ but how to say this without sounding like a freak on a leash.

Okay, direct is often best. I'm a tiny bit curious about your "sock drawer"..... is this an organized space with socks combined and orderly...... or a grabbag?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Some people have earring imbalances. I always wonder about the odd numbers of decorations, but in the interior decorating world things look better in odd number arrangements. I really hate the "balanced" looking rooms. Balance can be boring. Would you ever wear three socks at once just to push it further? lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join