It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are more advanced than ET

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
My theory is that our world has been occupied by the most violent lifeforms in all of the universe. I am presenting this theory, not bringing it from somewhere else, and have no way to establish the outcome, its food for thought , debate...
I believe the Human Race is the most violent, and not only that, but the most Tech advanced War Fighting machine in all the known and unknown Universe. We Getter Done!!!
We have the experience of wars, battles, tried killing machines, my opinion is that everyone else doesn't have the anger and adrenaline like we do, that in fact our little world right here actually in truth is the most dangerous place to exist anywhere.

So all the aliens are so advanced, maybe when it comes to destruction and wielding death it is us in the universe that rules!!! Maybe other races have peaceful energy making engines in their spacecraft, does that mean they have nukes anywhere ready to launch and take out cities, countries even?

MY Theory is that in the entire cosmos, we are the war machine, the weapons experts, and the most experienced at killing.

Prove me wrong, I believe when theres killing that needs done, the aliens come here to study our tactics on war, because they have been peaceful so long, they have become so unwarlike, they can't do it without our expertise.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Golden Generic

Sorry, I believe that the opposite is true - we are more stupid than ETs.

But I do agree that we are violent, destructive and warmongering. We are slow to learn though, because we are happily destroying our planet and ourselves.

I don't think ETs have anything to learn from us. In fact, they probably have much to teach us. They have probably realized how futile war is - and how stupid we are.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
If they have the technology to visit us, then they have the technology to destroy us. Tearing through space is no mean achievement, it would be laughable to think they would need the heads up on nuclear technology when they wield 0-point energy drives (or whatever).

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
i notice as we progress, we forget things. later, we want to remember because something dosen't add up or make sence, so we look back into it to see what we missed... a piece of information that could change everything.

just like natives, they were in touch with nature in a way we can only dream, and alot of us today are looking back to see what we missed, and are trying to bring forth a old, but effective way of living.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Golden Generic--

I can't help but wonder if you're right. I couldn't help but wonder the same thing, myself, a while back. It might be a bit dreary and unfortunate, but it could be true.

F

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Depends on the ET.Im sure there is alien life as silly as a slug or as smart a 100 teslas and 38 einsteins put together!...okay thats crazy 90 teslas.Then we have to figure out which type of intelligence? as there is more than one....they might be able to traverse the universe but be as emotionally intelligent as a cracker.I have always thought that maybe some ET's have made quantum jumps in technology and still be backwards in many other ways when it comes to technology ie discovering anti-grav before radio communication..not exactly that but you see what i mean.But if they have depended on technology for a long time i would think their bodies would not be as strong and tough as ours.It would be like us having a fist fight with a 1000lb bear maybe...Thats assuming ET's exist of course.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I actually believe the opposite of ets, I think they have found a way to harness the true energy of the universe to have power. To suggest that they are all peaceful lovers would be a naive stance. My proof? Well if you look at most ancient civilization that say ets visited them, they often talk about powerful devices that could rip mountians apart etc. More than that though, there is obvious evidence that we share genetic material with them...my proof? Same source, for example, when those in peru talk about them they speak of ets sleeping with their women...so if anything we are a mutt of a couple of alien races and our ability to war so well was probably bred into us....just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
There has to be ET life who are still back in the stone ages, and if we landed an astronaut on there planet he would be a god, but you have to understand some species have been around for billions of years, colonised solar systems, entire galaxies even, a race that old must have a pretty high tech arsenal even if it is for self defense.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
maybe my point here is
let me clarify

We could of stopped all war after world war one, but didn't
We could of stopped after world war 2 , but didn't
We could of stopped....

ok so we don't stop
I am saying at some point for the alien life forms, they did stop early and didn't fight the wars we did, therefore don't have the experience and tactics that comes from experience, not the ability to think, you can think all you want about something you dont have your hands dirty in , and someone else who has just a little experience will leave you standing there in your thought process, get my drift now. We know more because we didn't stop fighting, they could of stopped after the first attempted murder on their planet, how could they know more than us if all they have done is think about it, even if they are a group of teslas, thought isn't nothing compared to real blood and guts experience.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
your talking if the aliens are advanced but only in psionic power of traveling far away with theyr spirits,but no future tech? man theres no chance.
if they can travel to here,afcourse they have no nukes,but a laser beam that can just blow the frikkin planet,i dont need to prove u wrong its just common sense

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

i think that you've been watching too much sci-fi and haven't pondered life, the universe and everything enough to make a reasonable conclusion about this concept.

if all it takes is time for intelligence to design technology to destroy..

then any race anywhere could do so... given enough time..

and with the perception of duality in mind, of un-connectedness and FEAR as a base for descision making, this animalistic, primitive ideology would eventually gain enough technology to destroy the entire universe.

i doubt any advanced races would desire the universe to be destroyed, so certain measures would necessarily have to be put in place to prevent evolving species from doing so.

spiritual evolution comes first before you get to play with the really big toys as a species... and you're overestimating the power of the current embodiment of man in the universe.

EVOLVED man.. god-man. .on the other hand.. would have to be gentle and caring and respectful of ALL life in order to maintain the responsibility that comes with being evolved.. in evolved bodies.

you have much to learn young padawan.. and so do we all.. but i think you've got more to learn on this front before you go thinking the universe comes to earth to check out the newest death-ray designs.

now go back to playing with your tie-fighters.
(zap zap zoom pow!)
-

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I understand your point but there are many factors involved in that, the most obvious one is the age of the race. I mean if life and consciousness is constantly evolving chances are that even if there was a race out there as violent as we are they probably realized, as most of us do today, that war is pointless and if it didnt is probably no longer around. The big thing that im sure you have come across assuming that you research all things et related, is that there is a big spiritual factor that we have yet to experience. Our history of skillful warfare is but a small portion of our history I mean we have not had nukes, bombs, etc very long. The industrial revolution was like 2 days ago compared to how long even our galaxy has existed....we will move past war once we realize as a whole it does not serve us.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
your talking if the aliens are advanced but only in psionic power of traveling far away with theyr spirits,but no future tech? man theres no chance.
if they can travel to here,afcourse they have no nukes,but a laser beam that can just blow the frikkin planet,i dont need to prove u wrong its just common sense

ok you have a person , who can be smart
or beyond smart to the point where they lose common sense
do you think that is just one of our downfalls
that the difference between us and et is that somehow since their mean
IQ level is higher than ours, that they would have more common sense than us?

so you take them as a group, maybe they have never even experience any type of violence ever, maybe for thousands of years or since their beginnings they have not known violence, how could they even conceive it?

to conceive would help lend towards preparation which you claim they would have from common sense, how does that work in the universe when it doesnt even happen on earth.

There was a village of natives found somewhere in Africa where the words kill, maim , hurt, murder, suicide simply were not in their vocab. They didn't even know what violence in our sense was, and they were isolated earthlings, now you think because your ETS have tech beyond ours that would clue them into the laser blowing our world apart.

Suprise, it is possible we are the most violent and deadly of all races, even you as a mammal with your eyes forward are considered a predator on this planet by our own scientists.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

if war is pointless why first of all is it fought everyday by just about everyone

war is fought places other than battlefields

war is waged

1. politically
2. economically
3. psychologically
4. spirituality
5. morally
6. MILITARILY

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

My view on war is that it is a tool used to initiate change, I mean all wars on all levels are fought for some reason. But ultimately I believe that it is fazed out when a certain understanding is revealed and universally understood/accepted.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golden Generic
maybe my point here is
let me clarify

We could of stopped....

ok so we don't stop
have your hands dirty in , and someone else who has just a little experience I am saying at some point for the alien life forms, they did stop early and didn't fight the wars we did, therefore don't have the experience and tactics that comes from experience,

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Mars007]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mars007

maybe my point here is
let me clarify

We could of stopped....

ok so we don't stop
have your hands dirty in , and someone else who has just a little experience I am saying at some point for the alien life forms, they did stop early and didn't fight the wars we did, therefore don't have the experience and tactics that comes from experience,

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
We don't know what wars different ETs may have fought. They may have fought for 1000s of years for all we know. They probably have weapons that make our nukes look like pea shooters.

Sorry for the double post, I didn't figure out how to put the quote and reply on the same post, I'll try and improve my posting skills

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Interesting post, thought provoking. Here is my opinion:

Because humans have spent eons developing fancier tools and weapons to kill each other with doesnt make us 'advanced' and certainly doesnt make us some overly macho 'killer race'. This isnt a video game. Bigger guns and bombs just make us bigger bullies.

And we humans arent the best KILLERS even on this planet anyway. We have to rely on weapons or tools to kill or wage war.

Fall over the fence into the Alligator park , for instance, at your local zoo.Or step on a rattlesnake.....it will hit home pretty quickly that the ability to kill in no way makes anything more advanced. AS you are dying or being eaten.

If any aliens pop in unexpectedly, we might be well advised to re-think our 'kill now,think later' attitude. Otherwise, there is always someone out there to teach the bully a lesson.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

My theory is that our world has been occupied by the most violent lifeforms in all of the universe. I am presenting this theory, not bringing it from somewhere else, and have no way to establish the outcome, its food for thought , debate...
I believe the Human Race is the most violent, and not only that, but the most Tech advanced War Fighting machine in all the known and unknown Universe. We Getter Done!!!
We have the experience of wars, battles, tried killing machines, my opinion is that everyone else doesn't have the anger and adrenaline like we do, that in fact our little world right here actually in truth is the most dangerous place to exist anywhere.

I am embarassed to read your thread, to seriously believe that we 'humans' are more advanced than others in this universe, suggests you have alot of research to do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join