It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CALLING ALL MILITARY! Former and current!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

There seems to be a prevailing theory that people in the military are mindless idiots, or zombied out killers , who will follow any orders given to them regardless of what it is. I try not to get heated about this subject, because I myself am former military,and its been my experience that as a code of ethics you REFUSE any order that violates that. I also know that an officers oath in the military is to protect and obey the CONSTITUTION over anything the POTUS might hand down.

This is a question that depends solely on the depth of training a given soldier receives, as well as his/her own sense of right and wrong.

As we witnessed in China at Tiananmen Square and more recently in Iran, soldiers are often caught in a tight spot and will, at least initially, do what they know in their heart is wrong. In the US, we know that a brigade of the Third Infantry Division (Mech) was deployed stateside for the specific purpose of teaching them... um, call it, domestic crisis control. This would, almost without a doubt, include the maneuver of facing off against their fellow Americans.

The whole idea of having these soldiers take this training is to head off anything like an in-ranks mutiny. Individual soldiers will be tested to gauge their susceptibility to crossing sides and if so, removed from the control group.

reply to post by Lostinthedarkness

I know what the answer is from the Vietnam era vets to the first Gulf war vets who I grew up with with out asking they have stated in few words by Their dismay and disgust at the direction the country is heading .

Many Nam era vets that I know personally were torn by this last election. The red vs. blue war is designed to divide us as a nation... to turn us into gladiators to do battle in the unholy political arena. Capital Hill loves the spectacle... and when we are fighting amongst ourselves, they can do as they please.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

I was actually referring to that scenario as well , and I believe your asnwer was more then adequate i appreciate your response!

All you vets, please be active on this thread, lets get the word out........check the link that was posted above, im going to be signing up on that as well!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I only have three things to say:

1)Times have changed. Where before it was about glory and fighting for freedom is now tyranny and fighting to defend the corporations.

2)Micro-chips can go a long way in inducing the average human soldier into losing his/her mind. Also, the majority of soldiers who would fight against the civilians of this nation will NEVER be on a site like ATS. They are too brainwashed to use the internet, let alone think for themselves.

3)What makes you think it would ONLY be U.S. soldiers that would attack the populace? Have you heard of the U.N? Foreign troops on foreign lands will treat the civilian population as the enemy. Take a good look at U.S. troops in Afghanistan. EVERYONE in Afghanistan is considered an insurgent or they are helping the insurgents. This is why there's a high civilian death toll, and don't tell me it's because the suicide bombers blow themselves up to kill their own people. The U.S. MADE the VERY own terrorists that it fights today.

I rest my case.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
I only have three things to say:

1)Times have changed. Where before it was about glory and fighting for freedom is now tyranny and fighting to defend the corporations.

2)Micro-chips can go a long way in inducing the average human soldier into losing his/her mind. Also, the majority of soldiers who would fight against the civilians of this nation will NEVER be on a site like ATS. They are too brainwashed to use the internet, let alone think for themselves.

3)What makes you think it would ONLY be U.S. soldiers that would attack the populace? Have you heard of the U.N? Foreign troops on foreign lands will treat the civilian population as the enemy. Take a good look at U.S. troops in Afghanistan. EVERYONE in Afghanistan is considered an insurgent or they are helping the insurgents. This is why there's a high civilian death toll, and don't tell me it's because the suicide bombers blow themselves up to kill their own people. The U.S. MADE the VERY own terrorists that it fights today.

I rest my case.

LMAO! Honestly bobbylove...Do really believe this # you spew or do you just say ubsurd things to see what people will say in return??

Before I get to the question of the thread...
It is STILL and ALWAYS will be about fighting for freedom no matter where or who you are. That rings true for EVERY true Soldier, Marine, Airman and Sailor on the ground.

Micro chips??? Are you serious?! I will not even entertain that.

There is noway you will ever see the U.N or anyother set for that matter stomping the pavement of the US.

Now, to the thread!!

It is very motivating to see this question asked Manbehindthemask! Thank you.

If our government seriously overstepted its bounds as far as controlling its citizens and stripping rights that they have no buisness touching. I would be behind...infront of the American people to defend the American Way of life. Every soldier I have fought beside would do the same.
I DID take the oath and to me, protecting from enemys foreign and domestic includes our own government.

Its my opinion that the government would have to be quilty of some pretty hayness things before the people accually tried to overthrow or seriously stand up to it. Non the less, I would be next to my fellow Americans defending America against a government that went to far.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Tank2/8]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ok, here's my .02, and let me qualify first off. I am a Staff Sergeant in the Air Force, I'm on Active duty and have about 7 years time in service. And I can say without hesitation that under no circumstances would I follow any illegal order. I took an oath when I enlisted and again when I re-enlisted, to defend my country against all enemies foreign and domestic, and to support and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Now I can only speak for myself, but I feel pretty confident in saying that 99% of the military in general doesn't just follow orders without thinking. We are not mindless zombies trudging around completing random tasks assigned to us. We think for ourselves and questions things that need to be questioned.

Again this is just my .02, hope this is some ray of hope for all those anti-military people on ATS.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Let's not forget Kent State and the trigger happy National Guard here people.

Nor should we forget the fact that our country is now using private military organizations for various missions. These guys have a get out of jail free card in every hip pocket and would if provoked shoot first and ask questions later. Professionals or not, a squad of these storm troopers maneuvering down main street are going to take some liberties and that's when they're going to meet Bubba. Both sides will be loyal to their brothers in arms and firefights will happen. I can totally see this administration utilizing these guys for domestic issues.

Guess I better stock up on firebricks for the crematory... I smell a big government contract coming for cremations.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I was in the Air Force for 10 years. Got out (busted my knee sky diving) and worked civilian for a few years, signed up with an (evil contractor) company where I now work with the Army (USAMMA). I go TDY regulary, both CONUS and overseas. Am getting ready for a little trip to Camp Cupcake soon (those who know, will understand).
This whole idea of troops turning on the people they swore to protect is nuts. The people who state this stuff are nuts. I can tell you that the people I work with are just like anyone else. We/They have just decided to honor their country by serving. Some people can't, some people won't.
No problem. It doesn't take away from the patriotism that those that I serve with, feel.

God bless ya'll.

Mike

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tank2/8

I believe you

*Second line for sh!t$ and giggles!*

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Spend a day on a military installation before you make assinine statements like that.

I promise (fingers crossed) not to CHIP you like the rest of my robot brothers.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

You know how many soldiers will listen to what I tell them to do if I flashed a $100 bill?

Being a soldier doesn't pay good, and most are in the military to get a quick buck or a quick ride through college because they can't any other way.

Anyways, stop defending the soldiers that are killing the innocents.

I guess the world will never learn.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Like any other decent human I call tell you where to shove your money.

You don't have a clue and don't deserve to be on the same site as men and women who have fought and served for you.

-pathetic-

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tank2/8

You created your account June 24, 2009 so you haven't been around the block for a while so to speak.

Let me go easy on you.

This is how the hierarchy of our society works:

Devil
Private Bankers
Corporations
Shadow Government
Military
Justice System
Government
Normal People

There's no such thing as freedom.

Your definition of freedom will ALWAYS be different than someone else's. Therefore, there's no such thing as fighting for freedom.

IF your local community is under attack and you are DEFENDING your family and neighbors against the aggressors, then and ONLY then it's called fighting for your freedom and safety, so that you don't fall under the footsteps of tyrants.

But this is reality, and tyrants are in charge.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

NO ONE has fought for anyone.

Don't you people get it???

If someone "VOLUNTEERS" to go overseas and kill people, then he is NOT fighting for us. He is FIGHTING for the CORPORATIONS!

It's all about oil, raw resources, and MONEY. NOTHING ELSE!

Wake up!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

When you've walked in my boots, or anyone's like them, then you might have the knowledge base to express and informed opinion, Bobby. Until then, you have not earned the right to tell me to "wake up". I've probably been awake longer than you've been alive, son.

You know how many soldiers will listen to what I tell them to do if I flashed a $100 bill?
Being a soldier doesn't pay good, and most are in the military to get a quick buck or a quick ride through college because they can't any other way.
I guess the world will never learn

Those statements are so fraught with peril, I hardly know where to begin. We get it, Bobby, and have for a long time. You hate the military. Guess what? That's your right. It's not your right, however to insult the integrity nor the honor of those that have gone forth to defend your country. You know what you can buy with that $100? I bet you do. I guarantee you, it isn't the willful obedience of any soldier.

To the OP, I was never enlisted. I was contract. The difference -- to me -- was only in the chain-of-command, and my brothers and sisters bled the same color I did. I cannot imagine a scenario wherein the people I've known or myself would "just follow orders" and fire upon civilians. Wouldn't happen. Even now, I'd sacrifice myself before I'd comply with such an order.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
A bit of advice that I picked up from some of the Nam vets I know, regarding things like that link on page one...

Don't do it. Don't put your name out there. If you put any information regarding your intentions and beliefs, when the time comes, whose door do you think will be kicked in first?

This goes with any militia site, any site that proclaims safety in numbers, any site that states We The People have had enough.

It sucks, I know. How can we have an organized militia if it is impossible to organize?

1) Word of mouth. It's true, it all depends on who you know.

2) Local gun / hunter clubs... a little bit of baited discussion can lead to many things.

But this thread isn't discussing militias, or joining one, or ever starting anything, so none of this relates, except for the mentioned link.

Be careful before joining.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321

I guess the world will never learn.

....I'll start with wow, the amount of ignorance in this statement is astounding.

Flashing a 100 bill and we'll do what you want? Thats just funny. And your very next sentance "being a soldier doesnt pay good.... and most are in the military to get a quick buck" That makes no sense. And here is the Military pay chart 2009

Your right stop defending the people that make it possible for you to spout all the random BS that you want. Be happy that we are arround, because if we weren't you'd be sorry...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I seen a good south park about your kinda people titled 'Die hippie Die'
It was very true and very funny.

Just so you know bobbylove, I will not hold it against you. I will still protect you.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You need to seriously get a grip on reality.

You can live in your fog if you so desire, but it is awfully ignorant to use your freedoms to malign those who defend them with their lives.

I really wish that we could give all those who think like you a piece of land to call your own, so that you could live in this peaceful, blissful world of no evil and no need for use of force.

You would be a model for all the rest of humanity.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Im sorry, but this is some funny $#!^ ! I am currently in the army. I love how people think the military is brainwashed and "killers". I love conspiracy as much as the next but the military is nothing like this. In my experience in the army it is highly family oriented. If I have a problem at home they do everything they can to make sure it is taken care of and it has never failed. People understand that we work for you so this great country can live in freedom.
you don't and won't understand freedom until you live in a country that doesn't have what you have. If we just left 911 alone they would continue to terrorise us until the u.s. no longer existed. We are not going over there for the hell of it. We are taking there battle on there ground not ours.

So if they asked us to fight our own people? It would never ever happen. its not one person running the show. it is branched so things like that would not happen. and yes uniform code of military justice does not allow this.

So being in the military now and seeing it first hand you can understand why I laugh at this!

Go army HOOOOAHHHH!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

First of all I did not read the posts yet, but I will answer for myself, No I would not as its an unlawful order and you do not have to follow it. end of story.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join