It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams Sometimes DO Come True. (EVIDENCE INSIDE!!) Vernon Forrest Predicted Death A Week Before

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The boxer Vernon Forrest that was killed a few days ago had a dream exactly a week before his death and posted it via twitter. If this doesn't convince you, then nothing will.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by king Pop!p]

[edit on 27-7-2009 by king Pop!p]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I won't refute that, I'm just not sure what it means. Given the billions of dreams which occur nightly, sooner or later some of them will eventually correlate with a future event. Those are the ones which are given attention.

I'm not prepared to say it was predictive. I'm more inclined to think it's an inevitable statistical conclusion. Especially when there are billions and billions of dreams which don't come true.

It's an interesting story, an anomaly. In my opinion.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Of course all dreams don't come true, but are you saying that you believe that no dreams come true, or that some dreams aren't signs at all?

I had plenty of dreams that came true, how about you?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by king Pop!p

No what I'm saying is that there will be a certain number of dreams that do end up correlating with a future event just due to the sheer volume. I don't know that it makes them predictive.

To my recollection, I don't think I've ever had a dream that came true. And maybe this is a semantic discussion to say a "dream comes true". I don't think a dream will come true as much as someone may have a dream and eventually a similar event will transpire in real life. I'm just not prepared to make a leap to an assumption that the dreams are coming true.

I think it's possible dreams may be "signs" about someone's own psychological makeup. Maybe it's possible to derive some insight about someone by doing dream analysis, but it's so subjective by nature I don't personally put a whole lot of stock into it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I didn't even know Vernon was dead. How did he die? Was it as in his dream?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Here are the details:

www.fightnews.com...

"We are sad to report that former world champion Vernon Forrest was tragically and senselessly murdered at about 11PM on Saturday night in Atlanta during an attempted robbery at a gas station. Reportedly Forrest had stopped to put air in the tire of his late model Jaguar when he was robbed at gunpoint. Forrest, 38, was also armed and pursued but another assailant was hiding and ambushed the champion. According to Atlanta police, Forrest was shot multiple times with a semi-automatic weapon."

Not exactly the same way as he dreamed.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hooooboy..

If dreams come true, we're in a whole load of trouble.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think people dream things...then similar things happen that was in their dreams, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily predicting a dream.

I dream a lot, some have happened, others not. I remember dreaming years ago, that a plane fell out of the sky and hit some houses, well, that did happen in california. but when i dreamed it, i never thought that it could be real or anything. When I heard what happened on tv, I thought, wow, i had a dream about that.

Maybe the guy had a premonition, and it came out in his dreams?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I believe it cause I have had a few dreams that have come true.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
You see, for the folks that say they don't believe, I think they just not ready to accept the fact that we as a human species are more sophisticated beings that thought possible.

I believe that dejavu's are dreams that you don't remember having, thats why they seem all fuzzy when u have them. Don't dejavu's seem similar to a vision in a dream? I didn't say they "ALL" come true I said "Sometimes"..

Maybe some are gifted with these abilities and some aren't? Maybe those that don't believe haven't opened up their minds to this ability. I have ADHD and if you seen my threads on it before, you would see that we may have some type of ESP.

"If you believe, you can achieve"

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Sometimes dreams do come true, but sometimes a dream is just a dream. Someone who carries a gun, which he calls a "heater"
, is obviously consciously thinking about being in these kinds of situations, so it's not really surprising that he dreamed about it. This is certainly interesting, but it's far from being proof.

But on the other hand, I'm not too concerned that the exact circumstances of his dream don't match his death... The general message was still accurate, and having a premonition adds a variable that wasn't factored into that premonition. The future isn't written yet, so you can't observe what will happen without changing it somehow. The truth is that we'll never know if this was real or just a coincidence, and in the cases where people do get real proof, it is only proof to them. There is no universal proof.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by TurboDC4]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There's no doubting the accuracy of precognitive dreams, imo. I've had them, written them down, told people soon after and phoned people and told them what was going to happen. And it has happened, as I've described. People don't like it, I've learned. But I keep on reporting them in advance of the event because it's the only way I have of proving the accuracy of them. The precognitive dreams 'feel' different to normal dreams and they remain in memory in the same way as do actual events, at least in my experience. I have no doubt about precognitive dreams whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I really hate dreaming just for this reason. I have stupid horrible dreams that I can not do a darn thing about . It is always very vague until it really happens either to me or some event that is really far away and do not really "involve " me. I had always had a sleep problem because of night terrors as a child. I have an occasional night with some glimpse of something to come. I don't like it!

new topics

top topics

join