It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Impact - a warning?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
reply to post by OneNationUnder

One thing I find very odd about the 2012 movie. They are using "truth" as a marketing scheme. Now I know movies are not about truth so much, but to use it as a main selling point is something I find odd. They even tell people to Google 2012 to find out about "the truth". I don't know just seems odd.

I've heard "true story" used and "based on a true story", but never seen a studio outright tell people "this is the truth". Weird

[edit on 25-7-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

I thought the exact same thing!
I couldn't believe it when i went to the website to find out about the film and ended up getting a lesson in 2012 conspiracy theory.

www.whowillsurvive2012.com...

Its a brilliant selling tool as it makes people feel the need to go and watch the movie to see what is going to happen.
Also it is out on Friday the 13th!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
there are a whole lot more things to consider.

We have the tv series Fringe, wich is dramatised sci-fact type of series.
'insiders' info turned to sci-fi tv show..

We have the 80/20 rule, lets not forgett the Fireballs we had this winter.
Lets not forgett the 'near misses' by asteroids that have been these last couple of years, lets not forget the impact on jupiter just a few days ago, and let us pretend these asteroids may travel in packs, like Shoemaker.

Well, there is alot that connects, if one only take one piece and try to puzzle it, it will not fitt any where.....

I know what Chad gonna say, and , yes, it may be so, neither you or I know whats ahead.

Nasa and Esa have shown they do not control the 'heavans above' so lets not pretend any of us knows...

love your new avater, much more friendly than the last one !

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Did you notice at the end, it didnt say Google 2012 the movie or google sony pictures.

just : Find out the truth : Google : 2012 ... dont sound like a move sales trick if you ask me !!!

there is yet another movie out, or coming soon : Seeking Closure
is about humanity having only 3 hours left !

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hopefully this is just a movie and not the big warning we think it is.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I was in that movie- - several close ups-- good movie- acting sucked- should of picked me as a lead instead of an extra

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The thing about sci-fi movies is that the story usually comes from some aspect of truth. And if you look at many films over the years, their warnings or messages have or are coming true.

I'm not saying that writers, directors and producers have a connection to the govt. (But some of us do!) I think it's more of intuition or messages received subconsciously from our higher consciousness. Once the film gets made and released, it's purpose serves as a message for the rest of the world.

However, there are some films and music that are made because TPTB have control over all aspects of our media. And they definitely use it to plant subliminal messages and mind-control so that we react the way "they" want us to.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
About 2012:

In a magazine I have, Nick Cage was asked what he would like to put into a time capsule to be opened into the future. His answer - the movie "Knowing". His reason - "it would be very cubist, I'll leave it at that.".

Not sure if it means anything, just thought it was interesting. The other peoples answers were normal things like themselves, etc, but Cage's suggestion was the movie.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
w00t! If you guys are right and these artistic types who make these movies have some sort of intuitive inner vision they are using to warn/prepare us...I'm excited.

Why?

Because that means that the latest Harry Potter Movie may herald the upcoming arrival, in stores everywhere, of:

Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans
Chocolate Frogs
Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
Fizzing Whizbees

How cool would that be?

Of course *shiver*, it could also mean that a horde of people suffering from proportional dwarfism with a propensity for serial killer behavior might come along and run ya over with a car or stab ya ta death (Orphan).

or

District 9 may be preparing us for the arrival of a bunch of bug-like aliens who've blown up their own home and to teach us more about our humanity. (Darnit all, don't we have ENOUGH problems with the illegal alien issue already??)

or

A group of highly evolved and DNA-manipulated gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, moles and other rodents (aka: G-Force) may soon be the newest addition to the military currently deployed in Afghanistan. (Wow - whoda thunk that the PTB would let us know about their secret rodent soldier program in such a manner!!!)

Seriously? Really? Could it possibly be, maybe, just maybe, simply entertainment, or perhaps an intent to provoke interesting conversation/thought - and nothing more prophetical than that? I know, I know - I'm crazy, right? I mean, all I see is just movies/entertainment - apparently I'm quite un-enlightened or lacking the sensitivity to detect the deeper meanings of "stepping on a crack" NOT breaking my mother's back. (Sorry Mom!) Hopefully these movies and you all will help me awaken to the "truth" that's out there that I'm just to dumb/insensitive/narrow-minded to perceive.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical_Seeker

Sarcasm......brilliant.

"dumb/insensitive/narrow-minded" you are not, probably.

But some people are good at looking at films critically and finding the hidden meanings they all have.
Inside jokes, hommage paid to earlier works and people, clever references, riddles, and winks to other movie makers abound. You can take it as a settled fact that any recent movie you have seen is packed with hidden meanings and messages.

But some of these messages are more sinister in nature than others.
Even if they are coincidence they are still fun to look for and interesting nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The CIA have been working with hollywood for quite some time,but it's probably for subliminal propaganda reasons and not nibiru or any of that claptrap.A meteor could hit earth...people have known that for a long time,don't need a movie to tell you that.As for plots in movies that may fit into conspiracy theories,well film writers are people too...im pretty sure they take tidbits of various things and make films out of it.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I don't know if this has allready been said but Deep Impact was on last night on BBC 1 at 10:20. Also talking about Nik Cage one of his best films are on tonight THE ROCK, BBC 1.

I allways thought it was weird how Hollywood released 2 big Asteroid movies that year Deep impact and Armageddon. It's not as if one was made before the other and the studio went "Ok lets make another Asteroid movie". They where made at the same time.

Just my Opinion

Tsom87

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Yes, i watched it last night. Hence why i started this thread.

Very good point you make there.
Two disaster movies about comets hitting the earth released within a few months of eachother.

Its almost as if the film production companies were given an inside tip or were told to make these movies for a purpose.

Coincidence?
Hmmmmm......

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Totally off-topic - but I just realized your avatar is from Oasis. I LOVE those guys. Just had to say that.

And, for the record, pardon my sarcasm - I was definitely trying to be cheeky. And I absolutely agree there are all sorts of little "Easter Eggs" hidden, and at times RIGHT IN YOUR FACE in movies. I'm just doubtful that most of them are significantly representative of some real insider access to "truth" the rest of us don't have. But then, I'm, as my name implies, a bit skeptical of such things as a rule.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical_Seeker

Totally off-topic - but I just realized your avatar is from Oasis. I LOVE those guys. Just had to say that.

And, for the record, pardon my sarcasm - I was definitely trying to be cheeky. And I absolutely agree there are all sorts of little "Easter Eggs" hidden, and at times RIGHT IN YOUR FACE in movies. I'm just doubtful that most of them are significantly representative of some real insider access to "truth" the rest of us don't have. But then, I'm, as my name implies, a bit skeptical of such things as a rule.

Off-topic is always good when its about Oasis. You are obviously someone of great taste

It was a bit cheeky wasn't it
I agree that many of these hidden messages are of little to no importance most of the time. But i think we should still watch films critically (as well as enjoying it) and question things we see. They are entertainment. But they are also so much more.

Live Forever

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
THe movie theMatrix is thought ot have symbolically had basis in real life. THe humanity outpost being rebuilt after being destroyed multiple times, not knowin the truth, being asleep in the matrix versus being awake in the real world. many things, plus the dates on neo's passport and very very odd. this movie came out in 99 yet Neo's expiration date for his passport was sept. 11, 2001. also, being based in New York, the twin towers show up not once in the movie.
also the date the passport was issued is the date George BushSr gave a speech about a New World Order.

very weird

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy
THe movie theMatrix is thought ot have symbolically had basis in real life. THe humanity outpost being rebuilt after being destroyed multiple times, not knowin the truth, being asleep in the matrix versus being awake in the real world. many things, plus the dates on neo's passport and very very odd. this movie came out in 99 yet Neo's expiration date for his passport was sept. 11, 2001. also, being based in New York, the twin towers show up not once in the movie.
also the date the passport was issued is the date George BushSr gave a speech about a New World Order.

very weird

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Some brilliant examples there thanks

Another film that just blows the mind. Those "coincidences" are just TOO weird.
I believe there is a lot more to be taken from that film than just what you can see. It has such depth.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

I found it interesting that Independence Day was being shown on WTBS. I realize this is July, but it's the end of July. Maybe they are making up for air-time lost due to covering MJ's death?

Don't know. I still find it interesting, due to the timing of everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join