It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines charged in rape of 12-year-old girl

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Marines charged in rape of 12-year-old girl

www.starbulletin.com

Kinshella is among several Marines accused of having sex with the sixth-grade girl as part of what investigators call a bizarre and disturbing sex scandal, according to a Lawton (Okla.) Constitution report. The Marines were attending the U.S. Marine Battery at Fort Sill, Okla., which serves as a temporary school for Marines who take classes and undergo training.

The girl's parents, age 39 and 36, were charged last week with enabling child neglect, a felony punishable by up to life in prison,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

These marines AND THE Parentsssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of world do we live in?
I say hang the marines and imprison the parents.

This is just ludicrous, what kind of warped story is this anyway?

And I Guarantee You that probably a whole lot of marines knew about this. These guys probably bragged about it to their fellow marines.

And the parents? I don't what to say about them, what a disgrace to parenthood!

Planet earth is disgusting!

www.starbulletin.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It's likely that they were unaware of her true age (12), but that definitely doesn't make it ok.

In Canada though, the legal age is 14, and it's not uncommon whatsoever to see a 19-21 year old guy with a 14-16 year old girl. It really isn't. But of course those are consensual relationships, not rape.

These stories seem to be happening a lot lately, lots of rape stories. What always baffles me is how pathetic do you need to be to actually physically force a girl to have sex with you? I was almost 16 before I got laid, but it just happened. And it has been easy ever since, never once has it ever crossed my mind that I should force a girl into it physically. It's like something is missing in these guys minds that changes the way they perceive right and wrong.

I would be shocked to find out if any of these marines that did this garbage have little sisters of their own. And if any did, hopefully shes like 13 and someone can ask him how he would feel if 10 marines ran through her. I am sure he would be delighted.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Semper Fi

How can fellow marines allow this in their midst?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is horrible and disgusting. I hate rapists. As a marine myself I DO NOT stand by these scum. I hope they burn. Not all of us marines are like this, I hope yall know that.

We dont go around bragging to eachother about this, thats absurd. We kick these guys asses. Don't use this as more reason to hate marines.

Trust me these sacks of # will get what they deserve from the law and they most likely will get some VERY painful punishment from fellow marines. If I was around these guys I'd be HAPPY to dish out that pain.

Peace.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...

According to court records, police sought out the Marines after the 12-year-old told investigators she had sex with them and mentioned them by name, the Constitution reported.

This 6th Grader was taken to numerous Marine parties for 5 months and not once did any other Marine in attendance at these parties report misconduct to their superior Officer? This didn't come out until the 12 year old went to the Civil Authorities?

I never thought I would say this before, but I say that those who are charged, if found guilty, should be given the Death Penalty and let God sort them out and have mercy on their souls. Likewise, the Marine Corps should be holding Tribunals for every Marine that attended Fort Sill in the past 5 months and Court Martial any Marine who attended these parties that did not report this misconduct.

The few, the proud, the Molesters...ahem, I mean Marines.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
So let me get this straight...

According to court records, police sought out the Marines after the 12-year-old told investigators she had sex with them and mentioned them by name, the Constitution reported.

This 6th Grader was taken to numerous Marine parties for 5 months and not once did any other Marine in attendance at these parties report misconduct to their superior Officer? This didn't come out until the 12 year old went to the Civil Authorities?

I never thought I would say this before, but I say that those who are charged, if found guilty, should be given the Death Penalty and let God sort them out and have mercy on their souls. Likewise, the Marine Corps should be holding Tribunals for every Marine that attended Fort Sill in the past 5 months and Court Martial any Marine who attended these parties that did not report this misconduct.

Yes lets assume all marines are child molestors. Thats redculous. I have a daughter myself and am ashamed of these marines. I would never hurt a child and a lot of marines are parents like me and think the same way.

These guys are scum. All marines are not. These guys deserve to burn and rot and deserve the worst punishment known to man.

I bet if these guys werent even marines no one would have posted this story.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Likewise, the Marine Corps should be holding Tribunals for every Marine that attended Fort Sill in the past 5 months and Court Martial any Marine who attended these parties that did not report this misconduct.

If you'd read the newspaper article, you'd have noticed these two paragraphs:

"Kaneohe Marine spokesman Maj. Alan Crouch said yesterday that the investigation is ongoing, and no further details were available."

"The newspaper added that authorities believe several more Marines sexually assaulted the girl over several months, and they are working on tracking them down since they are no longer at Fort Sill."

That means the Marines are investigating this incident. And trust me, the Marines that have been arrested aren't going to be having the time of their lives in the Brig. Their lives will be a living hell from every guard and prisoner that is there.

At ease with that broad brush you're wielding.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
As matter of fact probably 90 percent of us arent like this.

I hope that the 'probably 90 percent' means a lot MORE than ninety percent are not like that.

I haven't found concrete numbers, but from I've seen there are around 200 thousand marines at any given time...if 90 percent were NOT like that, that would leave 20 THOUSAND that were...

Say it aint so...as a Marine, do you think this sort of thing is more widespread than we would like to believe?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

As matter of fact probably 90 percent of us arent like this.

I hope that the 'probably 90 percent' means a lot MORE than ninety percent are not like that.

I haven't found concrete numbers, but from I've seen there are around 200 thousand marines at any given time...if 90 percent were NOT like that, that would leave 20 THOUSAND that were...

Say it aint so...as a Marine, do you think this sort of thing is more widespread than we would like to believe?

I don't quite understand what your asking because I have brain damage from being shot in the head and some things are hard for me to understand. Especially things with numbers.

But I meant 90 percent of marines, probably more than that are people who would never do anything this. There are scumabgs in all walks of life.

All I know is me personally and every other marine buddy I have when we were in iraq if we saw a fellow marine doing something wrong wed pull the to the side and "talk some sense" into them. I cant speakfor all marines though.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

You're alright, man. I was just venting. I was wondering if you thought that almost ten percent of Marines are kinda screwed in the head.

We've seen Full Metal Jacket...My brother is a Marine from way back and he's just never been the same.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

You're alright, man. I was just venting. I was wondering if you thought that almost ten percent of Marines are kinda screwed in the head.

We've seen Full Metal Jacket...My brother is a Marine from way back and he's just never been the same.

Oh yeah I do think a percentage somewhere in that range are messed in the head. There are some SCUM that join the marnes only because they enjoy and want to hurt people. This isnt why I or anyone I know joined.

And yeah war is very traumatic I will never be the same again and I've seen things that I can't get out of my head and it haunts me everyday.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Yes lets assume all marines are child molestors. Thats redculous.
These guys are scum. All marines are not.

I wasn't meaning that all Marines are. Marines are held to a higher level of standards than we do other branches of the Military. Honor, Courage and Commitment are what the Marines stand for.

Marines are taught, from the very first day of Basic that they are held to the highest standards, ethically and morally. Respect for others is essential. Marines are expected to act responsibly in a manner befitting the title they’ve earned.

However, this wasn't just the actions of two Marines. These acts occurred repeatedly over the course of 5 months in the presence of numerous other Marines. It wasn't just two bad apples, but the whole batch was apparently bad. Every witness to this misconduct failed in their duty as a Marine and proved themselves unworthy of being one. The honorable thing a real Marine would have done is report the misconduct to their superior Officer. The next honorable thing a real Marine would have done is gotten the rest of his Unit to beat the living tar out of those bad Marines. However, neither happened. It honestly sounds like a couple of Drill Instructors got lax in Basic Training, or the Marine Recruiters are getting awfully desperate these days.

We cannot blame the Marines, or the United States, or the Human Race for this crime happening...but if the Marines truly place Honor before Courage and Commitment, then the honorable thing for the Marine Corps to do would be to inquire into why this hadn't been reported previously, and how not two, but every Marine that attended any of those parties in that 5 month span could have acted so dishonorably in a fashion unbecoming of a Marine.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Yes lets assume all marines are child molestors. Thats redculous.
These guys are scum. All marines are not.

I wasn't meaning that all Marines are. Marines are held to a higher level of standards than we do other branches of the Military. Honor, Courage and Commitment are what the Marines stand for.

Marines are taught, from the very first day of Basic that they are held to the highest standards, ethically and morally. Respect for others is essential. Marines are expected to act responsibly in a manner befitting the title they’ve earned.

However, this wasn't just the actions of two Marines. These acts occurred repeatedly over the course of 5 months in the presence of numerous other Marines. It wasn't just two bad apples, but the whole batch was apparently bad. Every witness to this misconduct failed in their duty as a Marine and proved themselves unworthy of being one. The honorable thing a real Marine would have done is report the misconduct to their superior Officer. The next honorable thing a real Marine would have done is gotten the rest of his Unit to beat the living tar out of those bad Marines. However, neither happened. It honestly sounds like a couple of Drill Instructors got lax in Basic Training, or the Marine Recruiters are getting awfully desperate these days.

We cannot blame the Marines, or the United States, or the Human Race for this crime happening...but if the Marines truly place Honor before Courage and Commitment, then the honorable thing for the Marine Corps to do would be to inquire into why this hadn't been reported previously, and how not two, but every Marine that attended any of those parties in that 5 month span could have acted so dishonorably in a fashion unbecoming of a Marine.

Ok I understand now. Sorry for flipping out I realize you were just kinda making a joke. I pretty much agree with you.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Not all of us marines are like this, I hope yall know that. As matter of fact probably 90 percent of us arent like this.

10% of marines do this? That's a rather large percentage.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

Not all of us marines are like this, I hope yall know that. As matter of fact probably 90 percent of us arent like this.

10% of marines do this? That's a rather large percentage.

I'm not gonna get into this. I've already explained myself n other posts and I'm not good with numbers. I have no idea what the real percentage is.

I edited out that percentage out of my post. I have no idea what the real numbers are.

But there are marines who are evil and do bad, just like people from ALL walks of life.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Most unusual, partly because marines don't allow this sh*t, even with their comrades, and partly because It's simply unthinkable.

There has to be some back story not being spoken about here.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Most unusual, partly because marines don't allow this sh*t, even with their comrades, and partly because It's simply unthinkable.

There has to be some back story not being spoken about here.

Thats EXACTLY what I'm trying to say. Thank you. Good post.

This is NOT acceptable behavior for anyone! And is NOT tolerated by the military.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Marines ... not the sharpest tools in the shed ...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Disgusting behavior for any man, especially a marine. At least they'll be tried in a military court where hopefully they'll receive a much stiffer penalty for their crimes. I think part of the problem was that none of the marines involved had been a marine long enough to truly grasp their code of honor, however they were all old enough to understand that what they were doing was wrong.

Too bad the parents and the woman that brought her to the parties won't be tried in militarty court. Seems like the woman was pimping her out, i'm sure some kind of money exchanged hands.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join