It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Live pigs wounded, euthanized in troop trauma training

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

EXCLUSIVE: Live pigs wounded, euthanized in troop trauma training

www.nctimes.com

More details are emerging about the wounding and later euthanizing of pigs at a Valley Center avocado grove where local Marines and sailors are being taught how to perform emergency first aid. Authorities won't comment on reports some pigs are being shot and others stabbed.

The "live tissue training" exercises provide Navy medical corpsmen, doctors and frontline troops with the skills needed to save lives by learning how to staunch bleeding from massive wounds and open blocked airways...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'm curious how other members will react to this story. I, for one, think the pigs have given their lives to a good cause. They probably would have been butchered and eaten anyway if they weren't used for this training. If it plays a crucial role in saving the lives of our soldiers and sailors on the battlefield, then I say do it until there is a better alternative.

www.nctimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well why not send the pigs to battle then...

That way it'll save a hell of a lot of human lives.

Who's with me?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
BS, this is desensitizing the troops and creating more harmful and evil energy to the planet.

We have technology to recreate the human skeleton, flesh and all, this is insanity.

They need to be put up on charges of animal cruely and abuse.

Sue Sue Sue!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think that dogs were used in the past, but switched to pigs since they do have more internal workings that are similiar to humans.

And besides, porkchops are a lot better than dogchops after the training is over!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I am rather partial to pigs. They are intelligent creatures and are yummy.

Mixed feelings on this. It's good to train the troops so they can save lives on the battlefield, not so good to see the poor little boogers in their death throws, squealing for their mommy, wondering what they did to deserve it.

Did I mention they're yummy?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Pigs with laser beams?

Interesting though, I guess there is no replacement from really trying save a dying animal though.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

I find it odd that since last fall, there's been so much activity for being prepared for something. Is it all just a coincidence? Do TPTB suddenly give a crap? What do they know that they aren't telling everyone?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Wasn't this same article breaking like 4 months ago? I remember lots of bacon jokes on ATS that day..... Yummm bacon!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Ive been considering joining the Navy to become a Corpsman.. But I dont think I could practice on a live pig honestly. Too disturbing to make a living being suffer just so I could practice a skill.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Wait for it, wait for it. There it is!

Manbearpigs with lasers are what we need!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Pigs have about the same intelligence quotient as canines.

So, here's my thinking.

Cons:
That's an intelligent, living being. It's a vertebrate which means they needed all sorts of approval which they probably never got to do this to them. It's cruel and unusual and only supports the army which is a cause for violence.

Pros:
They were doing trauma training, which is important. Pigs are often used, even fetal pigs, in classes to teach anatomy and zoology along with parts of many other animals. Pig feet are used to teach students how to suture. I'm not saying it's right, I think it's awful.

But it is common.

We had an animal ethics course regarding both vertebrates and invertebrates in my zoology class and we had a debate. I said I thought all organisms should be treated with respect. It's about who it benifits, though. Unfortunately in our society, humans have the leg up and if they could be saved from something like this, it's worth it.

I tend to disagree, but I also dislike humans.

Oh and I flagged. But that's because I'm a zoology major and I always fight for the animal unless the animals are invasive and destructive because of humans and could hurt the environment more.

But that's not the case here. I think this is wrong. There are other ways to learn trauma training.

[edit on 7/23/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Who's with me?

Brilliant, mr-lizard!

If we replace every American in the armed forces with a pig, our enemies will throw down their arms and bless us with their good will and world peace will finally be realized.

I imagine that a Nobel Peace Prize will be coming your way this year.

Congratulations.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Who's with me?

I'm not sure which you're talking about,

The pigs being used for medical training or the ones running our country.

I for one would prefer the latter

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Pigs are given an anesthetic and pain medication before being wounded and are euthanized when the procedures are complete.

www.nctimes.com...

I think that this is an important fact that should be considered in any serious discussion of this matter.

It won't change the minds of some, but it is important nonetheless.

[edit on 2009/7/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

I find it odd that since last fall, there's been so much activity for being prepared for something. Is it all just a coincidence? Do TPTB suddenly give a crap? What do they know that they aren't telling everyone?

That is what really scares me. And the classroom being prepared for an extra terrestrial landing and their teacher being abducted really doesn't put me at ease.

What was their excuse for that? Did they have one? If not, isn't that verification of aliens and UFO's?

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Pigs are given an anesthetic and pain medication before being wounded and are euthanized when the procedures are complete.

www.nctimes.com...

I think that this is an important fact that should be considered in any serious discussion of this matter.

It won't change the minds of some, but it is important nonetheless.

[edit on 2009/7/23 by GradyPhilpott]

I think this is a great cause and I agree to it, especially if they are given pain medication and anesthetic, and quickly euthanized afterward.

It's sad but it's a part of life, war, and in war there are serious and horrible battlefield wounds. People needs training to put our men and women back together again.

I wish we could get out of these damn wars.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by BaronVonGodzilla]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Aw. And if some person came along and gave your dog some morphine and laughing gas before stabbing it, that would be so much better.

You were right. Might help the argument for some, not for me.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

put bright red lipstick on these cuties

make some love not war

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Reply to post by huntergatherer

sick puppy mr. lizard. I get the redhead. ;p

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
I think that dogs were used in the past, but switched to pigs since they do have more internal workings that are similiar to humans.

And besides, porkchops are a lot better than dogchops after the training is over!

Well So much I could say on this post ,but I won't

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join