It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why save humanity? What is left that is so important?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Beauty is Truth!

You have two choices in life, you can subscribe to positivity and love and build a happy, & prosperous life for yourself or you can subscribe to negativity and self pity and drown in your own hatred & ignorance. It's as simple as that. Take your pick! If you don't like your life, you have no one to blame but yourself.

We are all the sum of our thoughts, what you think is what you are and what you project is what will manifest as your reality. By subscribing to negativity, doom & gloom, you are your own worst enemy and it is people with this kind of mind set who are helping to destroy humanity and this beautiful planet. Thankfully, you are a minority and hopefully it will stay that way.

ladyinwaiting:Beautifully put

[edit on 23-7-2009 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Try to look at everything you see without any judgement whatsoever, try not even to distinguish or label anything, and in so doing get to the end of judgement

Everything which disturbs us, has to do with something we percieve to be missing within our own selves or lives, and the judging, it can serve as justification for our own misery, but it's all a self reinforcing thing, and the negativity just keeps going and growing and feeding back on itself.

You just suffer from a bad habit of thought, that's all watch your mind from beyond your own mind and just accept everything as is without judgement or resistence and train yourself to enter into a new type of self reinforcing dynamic capable of producing joy, enthusiasm, peace and happiness.

It's a mind thing, it's in you, just watch it, without any judgement of any kind and let whatever will be will be. Try not caring, but not in a cynical way. Just let go and "don't give a shiit" and then smile.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

You know. I am not an angry person. By nature I am pretty calm. I posted this in hopes that I would get responses exactly as I have. Because I have never known happiness. Ladyinwaiting and omega make great points. How can you possibly say that people like ME are the reason our species is going to kill itself off? I have never intentionally tried to harm anyone.

I posted with a simple question that just needed an answer. I did not ask to be blamed for all of everyone elses problems including your own.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
We are all wired differently. We have different capacities for emotions.
Women are historically more emotional than men, but men are generally able to experience the whole range of human emotions, albeit maybe not quite as often as women do. (I can sometimes experience all of them in one hour) lol.

When I begin having negative thoughts, I try to identify them, and put them aside and replace them with something better instantly. It's called "working on yourself". I always consider myself a work in progress. I have come to believe that what you think is what you get.

Can we "choose" to be happy?

Look for what makes you feel "alive".

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Don't take this the wrong way, as a criticism, or trying to tell you what to do, but how about starting out with a happier avatar..?

Remember, everything, all that we see, touch, create, it's all part of the picture, and as you know reality itself is more of a projection by the mind that it is a separate thing.

Take responsibility for literally putting joy and happiness in place, around you, and anything that gives you the least joy and happiness, for which you are grateful, make that your focus and starting point, and re-build on that new fresh start.

You can obviously appreciate it when you see it - therefore it's available to you. What gives you joy..? What makes you happy? And how many moments are in a single day.....? In no time flat, in other words, you could create a whole new world around you - and don't forget to enroll others in the new happy, joyful self and life you are creating, and then go ahead and create it, and have yourself occur to others in that new way.

Act as if

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Hmm. Happier avatar. That did not occur to me. Will take some time cause I do not have any pics of myself that are unedited. Will have to take new pics

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
I suppose some good points have been made. But difficult to see when I only ever see people who are fighting. Looking at hair products, or otherwise preoccupied with crap that has no value whatsoever in life.

Hahaaaa! See now, hair care products make me happy.

Having struggled with baby fine hair my entire life, I now can control my hair, and actually get it to look thicker than it is.

You wouldn't want to see me in public if I didn't use them!

What might not have value for you, might have value for other people.

Do you work at a store that you notice people looking at hair care products?

Perhaps you need a change of career.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Mr. Toodles

I sincerely sympathise with your plight, and I hope you find some happiness in your life. My life isn't exactly a bed of roses either. At the moment it sucks big time, especially with all the health problems I'm having, but no mater how bad things get, I shall refrain from drowning in my own self pity or start blaming others for my plight, because to do so is nothing but a cop out and it isn't going to help anyway.

I know life isn't easy, but you have to try and stay positive. I just tell myself no matter how bad things get, there's always someone, somewhere whose got it worse.
If you want to feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for them. Never stop seeing the humerous side of life.

I believe you when you said you wouldn't intentionally harm anyone, but I was speaking hyperthetically or metaphysically. I believe in Buddhist philosophy. I personally believe that on some level our thoughts are very powerful thought forms and what we think will manifest as our reality. So thinking negative thoughts isn't very beneficial to anyone, especially to one's self.

They say love makes the world go round, but hatred will destroy it and if you get enough people to hate life, then that will probably be the day when humanities light goes out. Peace!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The universe and this planet have been around for at least 4.5 billion years (most likely much longer) - and while many MANY species of life have come and gone in that time period, the universe and the planet continues. It is a self-correcting/self-adapting system.

The universe is not stupid - lol - it will self correct. I absolutely love the arrogance of humanity in assuming WE CAN destroy anything (or ultimately save anything). We like to think we can - truth is I believe in a time in our not too distant future, we will be a teeny tiny blip on the continuum of the Universe. Sort of a check mark for the universe of, "Tried species human, didn't work. Next."

As for "saving us" - I don't think, unless major corrections to our base nature (instinct) occurs, that there is a high probability that we will be around much longer. No matter what a small handful of us may/may not think we are aware of/care about. A major change in our psychology and instinctive behavior would need to occur - likely through generational adaptation/mutation of our DNA. I suppose its dependent on how useful/functional/necessary we are vs. how harmful/counter productive we are in the Universal picture.

Do I think we're worth saving? Hell no.
And if the universe does decide to keep our species around, I suspect natural selection will see a handful of "Jesus, Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., Mother Teresa" types left to start the whole business all over again.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

You MIGHT consider making it a pic of the happiest thing you can imagine, if that's not you, yet..

In fact, in the room at home where you spend the most time - you may want to plaster it with pictures of happiness all around you, and wherever possible, try to emmerse your body and mind in a happy experience. Singing about happy things is also VERY good as a technique, and be sure to tell someone you love them, without expecting anything back, and give of yourself to others without any expectation - try these things and you'll be AMAZED! As a cup carved out with suffering and misery, once joy comes rushing in, look out!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I tried with the avatar. Could not think of a way to do it lol. So I just made a new deathly one. Prolly need a day or two to get out of the old thinking for a few minutes and make a new one that portrays anything but death.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles

I tried with the avatar. Could not think of a way to do it lol. So I just made a new deathly one. Prolly need a day or two to get out of the old thinking for a few minutes and make a new one that portrays anything but death.

One more thing - put a mirror up and smile at yourself as often as possible, and say all kinds of wonderful things to yourself about yourself.

Death has had it's day in the spotlight. Time to put it on the shelf and celebrate life.

You think you're really wierd don't you?

But I'll bet you like to kind of freak people out a bit, and keep them guessing about you too..?

So why not try on the complete opposite of dark death, and change your look, your way of being, your clothes, the whole bit - after all, who you REALLY are is merely your OWN creation, that is what is authentic. Anything else is just being hijacked by your own ego projection, from yourself to yourself and to others. It's a hall of mirrors don't you see? And you create it, and you can create whatever you want.

Don't give a shiit, and smile!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I wouldn't say I think I am "Weird" but I haven't known another person quite like me. I like to think I am a unique individual.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'm confused. Did the OP wish for us to discuss whether mankind is worth saving, or was he soliciting for free advice?

About the old avy....it had kinda grown on me. And I liked your explanation for it.

[edit on 7/23/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I don't know. I kinda forgot why I made this thread. Suppose mods can trash it if they wish lol. Wasn't that important of a topic I suppose.

Think of the new one the same way, just creepier

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I thought it was.

Okay, here's a platitude:

It's never to late to have a happy childhood.

(Actually it is, but I just like saying it).

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Happiness is nothing but a matter of perspective and focus, and joy is nothing but a matter of adrenelin and endorphins.

You have a choice each and every second of the day of what you want to focus on, a beautiful flower or a child's laugh, or a disturbing news report or some ugly scar brought on by vandilization or neglect.

Are you rooted in the here and now? Can you feel the blades of grass under your feet as you walk on a lawn barefoot and luxuriate in the sensation and focus on it, or is your mind elsewhere wrestling dragons and demons and the ills and woes of the world in an exercise of meaningless mental masturbation, which is all it is if you aren't walking over the grass to fight and overcome those things your mind is focused on at that precise moment beyond and instead of the simple pleasure and beauty of what you are doing that moment.

Do you look for bad news or good news.

Do you understand that some people are actually happy, being unhappy?

Being unhappy is what makes them happy.

I was once in prison, I am not just fond of researching conspiracies but planning and carrying them out too! That one didn't work out so well.

I had a fun job in prison picking up golf balls all day and riding around on a golf cart. The prison had plenty of recreation and a great library and I had put together a very respectable and tight band that had plenty of time to practice every night. We put on shows inside and outside of the prison facility. One day a fellow prisoner that I had never met before but recently saw the band perform invited me to eat dinner at his cliques table "Man you beat those drums like they stole something from you, you mut be a real rock star on the outside the way you play?"... "No" I replied "Wife and kids and too much work and too little time, to tell you the truth I haven't had this much fun in ages" he looked at me, and I looked at myself both of us in a little bit of disbelief I mean after all we are sitting in a Federal Prison eating Dinner in the mess hall. The truth was though I was happy, and well there just wasn't any real reason not to be happy...none that I could find anyway...

Stop looking for reasons to be unhappy, life is what YOU make it. We all live in a prison of our own making. Think about my story, for it's true, I could make a prison of someone elses making enjoyable and fun, why can't I, or you, or anyone make the prison you make for yourself fun and a happy one?

It's all focus and perspective, it helps to do a check up from the neck up often in life.

Humanity is worth saving, there is bad and good in everyone and everything and that's only because bad and good is simply a matter of perspective, nothing is neither bad nor good, it is just what you make of it, and how you let other people convince you to percieve it as bad or good.

To be human is to be flawed, embrace your own, find the humor in them, and put your own dysfunctionality to good use...I do!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Some people are actually addicted to misery and depression, because there's a pay off in it somewhere for them, but what's the cost?

If they can actually find out what the pay off is, and then fully measure the cost, and then cry a bit if need be, now then there is something available to wipe away the tears and bring the smile back

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Some people are actually addicted to misery and depression, because there's a pay off in it somewhere for them, but what's the cost?

That's actually called a masochist.

Out of time. Respond later!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I wonder if I could be classified under that? I could not imagine life without depression and pessimism. And pessimism always has a payoff. You hope for nothing and therefore never get disappointed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join