It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megalith moving experiments

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

phage your funny. replying w/ something thst should have been you''re own thread. i flaged your reply anyways. eh a great find thats
got to be one of the best videos i've ever seen on the subject.
i.ve never seen anyway possible for all the giant stones
being moved. that changes a lot.trip! phage strikes again.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
As someone from a previous thread told me, the Russians claim to have moved the largest stone, the Thunder Stone which serves as the base of a statue to Peter the Great. It is reported to be 1500 tons and was moved by the efforts of 400 men over nine months. It is interesting to note that a Greek headed the project. Here's the link to Wikipedia:
Bronze Horseman and the Thunder Stone
This task was completed in the 1700s.
Wish I had Mr Peabody's Wayback Machine (anybody else old enough to remember this one?) to go back 4500 years or so to see how some of these other megalithic structures were built. The fact we're still experimenting to see how they were moved begs the question, "What did our ancestors know that we have forgotten?"

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think levitation may have been used.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
"Walking", levers, pulleys..... Come on folks. These tests are on one 10 ton stone. There are 2 1/2 million blocks in the Great Pyramid. In order to be built in the prescribed 20 years, they would have to have done 17 blocks per hour! 24/7.
Also look at "Pumapunku" in Bolivia. There are blocks as big as 800 tons!
The astronomical alignment of some of these sites was done by a plumb bob, a ruler and some luck??? Those professional debunkers are an insult to my common sense. Of course 'They' had help.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
We know that all of these ancient megalithic structures were carved, moved and put in place using the knowledge and technical skill available to the builders at that time. My point is that after understanding this don't make the mistake of assuming too much. There is no reason to jump to the conclusion that they had help or even needed help from ET's any more than assuming that these builders were less advanced than civilizations from the recent past up until and including today.

Most people think an advanced civilization means highways and gas powered cars/heavy duty equipment, or the electric grid and all the little devices that go with it like cell phones, TV's and computers. Think about all of the problems these things cause and what their intended purpose is.

Because of the fact that they were the ones that built those megalithic structures indicates a higher level of intelligence. Consider that, in theory, we believe it could be done today even though we know nobody ever will. Then think about the level of precision and accuracy of the alignments, a high level of degree which cannot be matched today, at least theoretically. And finally the big question, what were these structures built for? The tomb theory seems to have been stretched past the breaking point, but never-the-less I don't think anyone today would put that much effort into building a tomb, so again for what purpose was this done?

One point I have been focusing on that I find fascinating is the evidence of.an advanced level of knowledge and technical skill possessed by these ancient builders that has been lost only to slowly be rediscovered. This gives more than enough reason to re-examine what tools and technique we believe was used to build all of these structures.

[edit on 8/5/2009 by Devino]

[edit on 8/5/2009 by Devino]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
There is no reason to jump to the conclusion that they had help or even needed help from ET's

For years I would have laid money on it being "aliens" that built them, but now I don't think it was actually aliens, but that the technology used was alien to us. It's funny to see modern demonstrations of how we thought they did it, and although very interesting, I'm yet to be convinced that the perceived methods used for that time were used.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Modern day people seem to think in modern day terms when thinking about how the ancients did things, but this is an incorrect way of thinking about things.

First start with disregarding that there was no where near the amounts of construction projects going on that there are in current day. Since the amount of construction projects was much lower, they were not moving from project to project as fast, which meant more time spent on detail., creating exact fits.

Second, people did not sit around watching TV, surfing the internet, listening to the i-pod or radio, or playing video games. People worked more than they do currently, and by working, I mean that there was more manual labor, which more likely also meant that the ancient workers were more than likely in better shape than modern day man. What this could also mean is that ancient man was also stronger than modern man. I have no idea how much stronger, but if you think about it, if they were constantly moving these large blocks day in and day out, think of people who are constantly lifting weights, I am not talking about the body builders but the ones who do it to increase their strength (strong man challenge types).

Now if these were the types of workers, and the time to be precise, you could decrease the number of men it would take to move each block, giving you more men spreads out moving and shaping more blocks. If the had some good techniques on top of this, it could improve the efficiency even more.

This is just a thought and do not know how to prove such a hypothesis, but to me it sounds reasonable.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-V™
I don't think it was actually aliens, but that the technology used was alien to us.

That's a good point and recycling the term "Alien Technology" like that is brilliant.

Thinking about it in that way I realized that this has happened over the past 20 years in my little part of the world. Back in the 80's my job was much harder physically, employed more people and the production was a fraction of that today. Few of us could imagine how much this was going to change. The amount of training and level of skill needed to operate today's equipment is amazing. This new technology increased production at a phenomenal rate while reducing manning to a fraction of what it once was. Most of the people I work with now would be unable to function back then, they lack the knowledge to rig the gear and the strength for the labor. You could say that the technology is alien to them.

I find it strange how easy it is to leap from one extreme to another when it comes to explaining ancient technology. From one extreme, they were ignorant and superstitious barbarians enslaved to build these structures, to the other, they used highly advanced technology from an alien race. If we look somewhere in between those two I think truth can be found.

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
Modern day people seem to think in modern day terms when thinking about how the ancients did things...

I agree, this is a problem and tough to avoid. How can anyone find evidence for advanced ancient knowledge without understanding what to look for. It's hidden in plain sight behind our ignorance and as our knowledge increases, that which was hidden remains so due to the belief it was never there.

As you pointed out we are distracted by TV, internet and radio that teaches us what to believe and how to think, unlike ancient civilizations, and we call this distraction advanced technology. So when I took the time to think about the purpose for these ancient structures I couldn't understand why this wasn't the main discussion point. Debates that focus on who, how and when create anger and ridicule, this is an indication of fear and ignorance and is the reason why we can't see what is in plain sight.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
What about the wheel + elephants = moving things? maybe all they needed to do was dig under the stone enough to place a cart with many wheels then dig the rest out causing the stone to be lowered onto it. The cart of course would have to be very strong. Maybe they also knew about block and tackle back then.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
dudes its called thousands of devoted followers, manpower to the extent beyond imagination

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Just because we can move equally heavy stones doesn't automatically mean we can therefore replicate the Giza pyramids regardless of whether or not modern equipment is used. There are a host of problems, many unknown, that would make it nearly impossible for us to complete such a project. For one, who would fund it? And the big question, Why would anyone want to pay for such a project?

Take a look at the restoration of the Parthenon in Greece. After three decades of problems and failures they are not even close to being done. How long did it take the ancient Greeks to build it, 10 years? After 30 years of restoration with most of the original material available to copy form it is still not complete, they estimate perhaps another 20 years.

So it comes down to this, we know the ancients did build these megalithic structures but we are not exactly sure how it was done. In my opinion building something that massive to be used as a tomb for a beloved Pharaoh is beyond devotion. The fact that they were successful in building it proves a high level of intelligence and capability which would indicate an advanced purpose conducive to their level of intelligence. Probably not the product of slave labor nor blind faith from devoted worshipers.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The aliens could have introduced the Ultrasound Haptic Technology to our early ancestors. A university in Japan has been developing the technology so a user can feel a virtual object in a 3 dimensional space.

It was created by Takayuki Iwamoto and his colleagues at the University of Tokyo. It creates high-fidelity pressure fields by emitting airborne ultrasound waves. It allows the user to actively touch a virtual object, withing a boundary of 30cm cubed.
www.evolvingthought.com...

Airborn Ultrasound Tactile Display video

The BBC News Technology section had report describing the Ultrasound technology being using in gaming development.
Ultrasound to give feel to games

I purchase the movie of Stargate on DVD when it first came out and it had an insert that described the views on how the pyramids were built.
It said this statement, "Producers of the 1993 NBC special "The Mystery of the Sphinx" believe the blocks of limestone could have been lifted into place using sound technology. According to modern experiments, sound waves have been successful in levitating small objects. Could alien technology have created the pyramids using advanced acoustic technology? We may never know."

There are so many legends that say the gods helped ancient civilizations with their massive building projects.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The secrets of levitation and sound has been lost.

There are reports of the ancients using sound to accomplish many feats. The walls of Jericho were destroyed by sound. Things vibrate off your speakers when you crank them or a floor waxer or planer. They have no wheels yet when they turn on they vibrate across the floor.

Now, imagine 1000's of people chanting, blowing horns and drums at the right tones.

The ancients had a more natural technology. We have forgot these ways and instead have adopted a fuel burning way of doing things. Brute force.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by CaptainAmerica2012]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm just going to run down a few responces in 1 but first of all one thing I forgot to mention in the opening post was also the lack of mention about wooden rails used to transport the megaliths. Due to the large volume of megaliths moved and the fact that most of the experiments involve using wooden rails there should be more discusion about where they went. Many of them may have rotted but there still should be some evidence of them. The exception would be the Incas and the Romans who had extensive cobblestone roads that could serve the same purpose. One thing to keep in mind is that there was a boat found near the Pyramid of Khufu which seems to imply that not all wood should have rotted.

Another thing worth noting is Easte Island even though they didn't move the biggest ones they are more notable than many because of the limited amount of space they had. There is only 64 sq miles and very limited fresh water suply. They shouldn't have been able to support enough people to move these megaliths even if they could do it and they had the trees.

The Thunderstone is notable but I have a hunch it may be exagerated. It would be nice to see more investigation and confirmation on it.

The 800 to megalith from Puma Punku is pesumably from the recent Ancient Aliens special from History channel and is almost certainly false. this show is full of disinformation, I wouldn't trust anything without confirmation.

As for any sond or levitation theories I wouldn't completely rule them out but I would maintain some skeptisism until they can be confirmed.

One other thing some of you may remember I posted a web address months ago. This web site goes into more detail for those of you who are interested. I have moved it since Geocities is shutting down the new address is here: zakherys.tripod.com...

There is still some work to be done on it but most of it has been moved to the new location. Good day

top topics

<< 1   >>

join