It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange, The Quirky, and the Unusual Ability's thread.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Weird thing that used to happen to me when I was younger was elevators would break if I got in them. Without fail anytime I got in an elevator it would get stuck half way or not move at all, but the second I got out the thing would start moving again for seemingly no reason. Escalators and automatic doors would also break from time to time but not as consistantly as elevators.

I dont know if it still happens nowadays, last time I got in an elevator was becaue my friends didn't believe that they broke down around me, the thing only had to go down 1 floor but it took about 30mins to do so. They never got in an elevator with me again.

I tend to avoid elevators nowadays because of it and my mother aswell will never get in an elevator even if I am in the same building. I would rather climb 20 flights of stairs than go in one of those things.

Also if I'm listening to a radio I would have to keep my hands well clear of it or the headphones or else the noise would become static.

Maybe its my dads fault. He doesnt conduct electricity at all, so its probably a genetic thing. He used to get me and my brothers all the time with those trick shock pens. Clicking the button saying it was broken then when we tried it it would shock us.
He did the same with an electric fence once... those things are painful.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I can tell peoples emotions really well. I can read people well, but I never use it against people, I usually use it to know when not to make someone mad, or help them out. It's always been easy for me.

When I see rain on a window, I can focus on it and slow it down to a drizzle if I ever want to. It usually takes 30 seconds - 2 minutes to get it down to a small amount of rain.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I can write just as well with my left hand as i can with the right. The twist:
I can write backwards perfectly. It comes natural.

If i paint a picture, i have to be real careful, because whatever i paint comes true. Really.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
I can smell electricity, not static electricity (that's a different smell).
Whenever I smell it I know there is a machine around me that is about to break because it is leaking (with lack of a better term), it mostly does within two weeks.
And sometimes I just smell it and nothing happens.
I can smell it too, but not very well. Electronic noises bother me if there are is to much of it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I can write just as well with my left hand as i can with the right. The twist:
I can write backwards perfectly. It comes natural.

If i paint a picture, i have to be real careful, because whatever i paint comes true. Really.
We should test this painting thing... You should paint something that would happen on TV live, and post the picture of it on the internet before it happens.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Can you paint a picture of me running through the streets after I win the lottery ???

This doesn't surprise me, .... if you are strong, and as much thought and energy that go into paintings, i do not doubt this is possible.

USE IT.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have three unique, but stupid, "Party Tricks".

1.) I have Geo-Spatial memory. I do not have a Photographic memory, but I can recall, with pin-point accuracy where a reference is from...down to the book, page face, paragraph, and sentence, even for something I had only read once decades ago. It's invaluable when needing to look up a reference, but it would be so much easier if I could just remember the reference verbatim.

2.) I am fully cognizant of my surroundings while passed out or asleep. Not only can I maintain my posture while asleep (such as sitting upright while holding something, like a full glass), but I can interact with my surroundings, holding extended intellectual conversations or physically reacting when necessary (like when something is tossed at me). If I had to venture a guess, I would say that it either developed as a side-effect of my Narcolepsy, or from Lucid Dream experiments I partook in back in college.

3.) I can consciously smell human pheromones. Most male pheromones nauseate me (especially my own). However, I can tell from about 25-50 feet away whether a woman is ovulating, menstruating, or is pregnant just by the smell of their pheromones. It has led to some pretty interesting and humorous scenarios at night-clubs.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Great thread!

I am physically empathic (compathy). I can feel what others feel in their body. It makes me a great masseuse because I can not only feel the pain, but the right way to make it feel better. I have been this way all my life. My father used to always have me massage his shoulder because I could feel it. Unfortunately, it also means that whenever people describe their ailments, I feel them, too.

I can also recite things. That was for the wacky talent contest here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah, I'm pretty empathetic as well, ... though I don't like it, ... it's like I can sit in a room, and pretty much feel whatever is thinking, ... which you would think is a good thing, ....

but it has a tendancy to make me a little withdrawn sometimes, ... because I have all of this information flooding into me and I'm in a constant " receiving" mode. and I hate when there's alot of negative thought energy in a room, ... or when someone obviously hates you, ... because I can get overwhelmed with it, ... and it has a tendancy to make me somewhat morose, .....

it's as though I take on the characteristic's of the thought/energy enviroment around me.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Make one "think" a number (1-10), and guessing it.
Works better with some individuals than others.
Above statistical probability. Worked remotely as well.
Don't ask. I don't know.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
My mom had (still has) a cool ability you could say.

Whenever she was on her way home, no matter if she said she would be home in 20 mins or 5 mins, she was never off by more than a minute. It used to be creepy to me, how she could be so accurate all the time.

For me, besides bending my thumb all the way back lol I think I'm pretty powerless,

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ive always had this thing where a thought will pop into my head and within minutes something related to that thought will happen or something will be said about it on the radio or the television. It wont happen if I'm consciously thinking of something it's like the thought was placed in my head.

Also I have a very good sense for people. I can look at them and know exactly how they are feeling, if they are lying, etc. I've always had a hard time looking at people who are crying because for some reason i suddenly feel very sad and my eyes water up. Usually I don't like being in crowded places because it's just too much to handle.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I can type faster and more accurately than anyone I have ever seen, to the point where I think it's worthy of mentioning in this thread lol, and I can also spin a basketball on my right hand and all my fingers perfectly.. even though I'm left handed and I can't do it on my left hand at all. It's just something I've always been able to do, as long as I can remember.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by elocin

is that right ?? well I can type faster than an indian telemarketer !! this can only be settled one way .....

Type Off !!!!

haha, oooo, I remember one, .... when i was playing a drinking game with friends, I had a spiritual moment of clarity, ... my body felt like it was on fire with energy..... and i told my gf this, .... she said I was fulll of it ..... so there were four cards left on the table turned upside down, ..... I successfully guessed what each one was. .... well not guessed, ... I knew.

and even though the odds of that are outrageous, she still had a hard time believing in my " ability's "

top topics

<< 1   >>

join