It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange, The Quirky, and the Unusual Ability's thread.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This is just a fun thread showcasing the many Strange, Quirky, and Unusual Ability's of the members here on ATS, .......

... feel free to post, no matter how weird, or useless your ability's or skill's might be.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'll start it off, .... this is a weird but usefull one. For some reason, every time I put something in the microwave, .... no matter what time, ... or what I may be doing, ...... I somehow use my biological clock to time it down, ..... so everytime I get the urge to go get my food, .... theres about 2 seconds left.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Oh what a cool thread!

Ok, I’ll ads in a couple things.

Before *horse whispering* was cool - I was doing it - and still am, now with more animals and right down to Karl a little iguana friend of mine. (Oh you should hear the things he has to say after a few cucumber slices)!

Beyond that I’ve a *problem* with electricity.

Light bulbs busting when I’m around, things going haywire.
I’ve gotten used to it and it doesn't’ bother me - just a part of my *shocking* personality - (har har).
I can even trace where it started, but that’s a whole other story!

I’ll look forward to seeing what more members post and I want to thank you for a great thread!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hi really cool thread by the way, unlike my skill. I sometimes receive premonitions of upcoming tv programs that are otherwise unscheduled such as the simpsons which on my local network they play in a random order. I start to think about a particular line or joke in the show and usually within 48 hours that show is on. shame i dont get the same with the lottery program

Peace
stu

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stuballs77

Same ere stu I seem to think of a particular line or something (usually family guy) and then within a day the episode pops on tv! It is very strange..

Aside from that I don't have many skills, really good at reading people though... can usually tell what someone is thinkin before they do. Being able tell where people are going or what they've been doing just by looking at them and their behaviour... that can feel strange sometimes but I proper love it cos one of my female mates hates me being right all the time

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
to the OP, i know EXACLY what you mean, i seriously have stood at the microwave time and time again and gone, WTFH just happened....i swear i would put something in the microwave, go off for what feels like 10 seconds and then just see that the thing is nearly done. At the time i played it off as just losing track of time but it really was fascinating at the time so maybe there is something to it.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
another useful one, is when I have something important to do the next day, I am Never late, no matter how little sleep I've had, I usualy wake up 10 to 15 minutes before my alarm goes off.

I think our soul governs and directs us in ways that arent always aparent.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I can smell rain coming. I can often smel lakes, ponds and streams too
kx

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I can blow perfect spit bubbles at will.

www.youtube.com... kinda like this. but cooler

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I have a slight case of the empaths...or maybe a little bit of ESP. Something along those lines. I remember one time I really scared my best friend with it...not on purpose of course. We were walking down the street, and both of us were really quiet...and I could have sworn I heard her say "I've never walked down this street before." But I never saw her mouth moving. I just asked her.."How have you never walked down this street before? You've lived here for how many years?" And she lost all color in her face. She stood there staring at me wide eyed and said.."I didn't SAY that..but I was THINKING that."
Anyway...we discussed it for a few minutes..and she remained a little freaked out by it for a while. I think she's still weirded out by it to this day. I don't know...I've had more than just that one event happen, but that's the one that stands out most.
And don't worry..I can't do it at will.
It's random.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

Aha, yeah, theres two times in my life where I've been straight telepathic, ... communicating without words. One time, I had seen a friend outside my house, walking home, we talked for a bit, and I went inside to my kitchen, ..... I saw him about half a block away, .... I remember thinking something like " wow, that dudes freaking up" ...... as soon as I thought that, .... I saw him turn around, ... and I HEARD him say " what the f**k" ..... even though he was outside and about half a block away, .... I heard him as though he was right next to me. I was blown away.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Oh, I am just empathic to an annoying degree.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I used to work with animals, exotics, big cats, bears, gators and crocs, and an entire range of animals. I'd communicate with the animals on such a level and on a daily basis that i found myself telling my co-workers what an animal said to me today. They'd give me the "baboons don't talk" look and i'd remember that not everyone listens to other species' languages. There's something primal in life, in the way living things express states of their being, that if you toss out the idea that animals are dumb and have nothing to say then you'll hear true universal wisdom that crosses even the boundaries of species, from ground slugs to astrophysicists, we all still have some form of sub-awareness of existence and we all experience the same physical world, and express what we feel somehow, even if our expression is only our existence as a life form, that's still the expression of basic biology. Viruses even talk, they say "I'm life, i exist!" simply by their act of living and replicating.

Also, same thing with lightbulbs. At one point in my life i lived in candlelit darkness for almost 6 months because every electrical light i touched, battery or AC, incandescent or flourescent, would die within minutes to hours. I still have some minor electrical problems but i think i've got it under reasonable control now.

I have the power to bend reality and manifest thought. It's subtle, but it works by aggressive "guerrilla meditation" where I focus and instantly and with immense energy i ingrain the general overall "game plan" of whatever i choose to accomplish and accept that new timeline as my reality. Instead of making a choice that branches my timeline, i choose a branch of the timeline i wish to experience and then follow through with the actions of performing decisions to lead me towards my timeline.

To put it another way, i don't recognize time as a linear progression, but as expanding "away" in all directions from the apparent present moment. But time doesn't even exist as moment that was, is, or will be. A lifetime is a simultaneous event, sub-instantaneous existence of a singularity.

There's one other person i know of that actively does this also, and we have the ability to work together to alter reality with multiplied force.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I've been looking for you. Someone who does, what I do. I hate to label things, ... but you think it would be easy at a place like this, ... think again. In fact I started a few threads, which would seem appealing for people like us, .... I was beginning to think we were all extinct. It's good to know I'm not alone.

I've often thought of finding more like me, more like us, .... to create some kind of union working together to change things for the better. But where to begin,..... and would our " activity's" .... be picked up by those who wish to oppress.
I have abstained from using these ability's for some time, .... as there was a time the power of it corrupted me, and I didn't always use it for ethical reasons. I almost feel like I'm cheating. choosing the path of least resistance.
But once again, its refreshing to know were out there.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
To some degree we all can. Seriously.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Another cool thing I can do is learn in my sleep. When I was trying to get a specific kick down for jkd I would practice in my dreams, and when I woke up I could hit it well. .... and some time ago, I was sick, racking my brain trying to find a natural solution, .. exploring all avenues, I would go to sleep, .... and I dont know if it was me, ... or someone else, but I would be taught all of these extensive lessons on physiology, the functions of the organs, in relation to body systems, ... really intricate stuff, ... it would come to me as fast as i could absorb it, ... at " thought" speed.
now if only I could remember a fraction of it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hmm, OK this will probably sound silly but what the heck...

I think you could call me an empath but probably over empathic. One example, I was helping out at a function for this youth training program and there was a old man sitting on his own at lunch. The way he was eating so shy and embarrassed, I swear I could feel his loneliness and emotions and felt so sorry for him. My eyes just got teary, my stomach sank and I had to avoid looking at him after that.

I cannot watch people or animals suffering or going hungry. Even when they look happy and content, I can see in their life in their eyes, and it feels as though I can see what they aren't saying. Especially in photos

Even in every day life, I can see when friends and family members are lying, hurting and acting happy, pretending to be happy for someone when they are not. But most of all I feel peoples true feelings, I think...

If I could describe the sensation it would be like a sinking, tight feeling in my stomach- almost sickening. Depends on the situation.
Maybe everyone gets this and I'm just more sensitive?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Another cool thing I can do is learn in my sleep.

i thought i was the only one.

'cept i'm not in college so i learn about like, rocks and minerals and other weird things i'm interested in. its actually irritating, for me. its like not getting any sleep at all.

plus i'm just now learning, or shall i say seeing the results of learning, various psi abilities. mainly telepathy...and i'm getting pretty good at "guessing" small things that will occur the next day and "calling" people (or i guess psychically asking them to call me)

and hey, i can smell rain before anyone else too...and water.

and the last few years i've gotten SUPER hearing and learning.

lol
if i were reading this i would NOT believe me.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I can smell electricity, not static electricity (that's a different smell).
Whenever I smell it I know there is a machine around me that is about to break because it is leaking (with lack of a better term), it mostly does within two weeks.
And sometimes I just smell it and nothing happens.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Does smelling the 'electricity' in the air before it rains count?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join