It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason Jesus is the only way

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This is an old conspiracy. Its a Patent. Jesus Christ was one of the original Patents, its the way people who seek control and power do things. Get a patent on something to make it an exclusive and you wrap your game up with no room for debate.

He became a trademark.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2bc920bc32f.gif[/atsimg]

This is why Christianity will and is dying out. The modern mindset has no room for this kind of game anymore. We know its a game and want our spirituality to be not a patent but something we can all grow with. Christianity stopped growing when they patented Jesus to exclude all other belief. Its a dead religion because of this.

Now if they would have taught the truth, that the teachings of Jesus are the way that the truth comes from within and to seek God in between the notes. In the silence of the mind so God can commune with you and to have Jesus as the example of this way, I would be a Christian myself.

As it stands it smells of spin and control.

Jesus Christ Patent number 0001.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Fantastic OP. S&F for you friend.

As for Jesus being a trademark, I completely agree. One only has to look for the famous "Jesus" fish bumper stickers and the list continues on and on.

Then there are televangelists, what a wonderful group of people that is. They've completely commercialized Christianity to the point where it's not only a trademark but a business venue.

Now mind you, there is nothing wrong with Christianity. Sure I have problems with some Christians, but not the religion itself.

This religion will fade just like all the others have faded over the centuries to be replaced by the next thing. Faith will always be around, just with different details.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

See now, you're lumping all of Christianity into one, associating it all with the Catholic church, and thinking we're all about money. That simply isn't the case. There are plenty of Christians out there [of which I am one] that don't care about your. We care about your response to the Gospel. If you accept it and become Christian, we still don't care about your money. Your giving is something that's between you and God.

Christianity stopped growing when they patented Jesus to exclude all other belief.

Perhaps, on this point, instead of blaming general Christianity, you should blame Jesus himself. He is the reason why Christians say that the Gospel is the only way.

John 14.6:

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Only one thing to say about this.

Jesus Never Existed!!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This religion will fade just like all the others have faded over the centuries to be replaced by the next thing.

I read once about of Jews that said something similar to this after Jesus died.

Acts 5.34-39:

But a Pharisee in the council named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law held in honor by all the people, stood up and gave orders to put the men outside for a little while. And he said to them, “Men of Israel, take care what you are about to do with these men. For before these days Theudas rose up, claiming to be somebody, and a number of men, about four hundred, joined him. He was killed, and all who followed him were dispersed and came to nothing. After him Judas the Galilean rose up in the days of the census and drew away some of the people after him. He too perished, and all who followed him were scattered. So in the present case I tell you, keep away from these men and let them alone, for if this plan or this undertaking is of man, it will fail; but if it is of God, you will not be able to overthrow them. You might even be found opposing God!”

People have said similar things about Christianity throughout time. Yet, it always manages to stay around.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Well in all fairness, you don't know that.

And claiming to know anything about a 2000 year old dead person is kind ridiculous don't you think?

I mean, I don't believe in Christianity but to say that Jesus didn't exist well...you see my point.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Trademarked - marketed and SOLD OUT!

The marketing still continues - they need to keep numbers up, so they try to allow gays and women priests and so on, while at the same time they try to say they uphold all the traditional values.

I would hate to have to market their absurd idea's - but they have somehow managed very nicely.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I will agree that "Christianity" has been around since Jesus took the helm, however it's never existed in just one form. They've mingled and changed for their liking all throughout history. It really makes you wonder how powerful a religion is when they can just pick and choose at the drop of a hat.

I'm not saying the values thought within the scriptures arent good, they certainly are, but there's too much variety for it to be all concrete to me is all. And the marketing.

Understandably these aren't the "true" Christians, and any moron can see that, but it's more the fact that they've allowed these "false prophets" to completely demonized and destroy your religion in the mainstream.

I guess complacency exists in every subject eh?

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
this is SO funny!

Feast of Saint Valentine: turned into a non-Christian holiday to make money.

Eve of All Saint's Day (Halloween): same thing

Christmas: same thing

Easter: same thing

etc.... etc ..... people want to make money.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I see your point but in all fairness the story of God and Jesus was a misinterpretation of the adoration of the Sun. If u go back to 3000 BC and the story of the Egyptian Pharoh Horus u will see that he took the roll of the God 'Sun' back then. He started it. Then different other cultures took on the smae story for their gods or messiah's. Same birthdate, same events, same death, same ressurection.

To be honest the whole religion deal is a farce. It was never true. In 300 AD the romans took the Jesus story, proclaimed it was real only to use the story or myth as a tool for controlling the masses. That's all it is. The Myth of Jesus is a control tool. It was never true but the masses believed it anyway as a sign of hope and the Romans took advantage of it.

It's a Farce!! And of course the Vatican which were originally Roman are behind the Farce!!! The Pope is not a believer. He is a controller!!!!

And I would have said he was a 'Fat Controller' with a stutter!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Well ofcourse friend.

I am very much aware that most religions are from basic Sun Worship, but I hope you aren't using Zeitgeist as the premise for the knowledge. That film was flawed in so many ways.

Anyway back to point, you're right. All of our religions have come from the monotheistic thoughts of the Egyptian culture of way back when. Why them and not the Greeks which had it somewhat right, I'll never know, but either way it was Horus who took the crown.

What I was reffering to was "christianity" as it exists today, and during it's inception during the Roman Empire.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
star, and flag to you!

I don't mind Jesus as far as: thou shalt not judge, unless ye be judged, and Love is the way.

However, the spotlight that death cult called christian's is not quite right. They claim all this, and all that, but at the end of the day most christian's own the title of hypocritical bigots.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
S&F from me as well. I completely agree with the OP; by adopting an exclusionary attitude towards other schools of thought Christianity has become a dead religion. I think that it's only a matter of time before they're in the same category as the worshipers of Hercules and Zeus.

If only they had focused on what that Jesus cat was actually saying (provided of course that he was a real historical figure) instead of devolving into a Pauline dogma-ridden eschatology obsessed cult...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Perhaps, on this point, instead of blaming general Christianity, you should blame Jesus himself. He is the reason why Christians say that the Gospel is the only way.

John 14.6:

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

There may have possibly been a guy, possibly even a guy named Jesus, who said that, but does that mean that just because other people worship a god by a name that is not the same, that they are wrong and Christians are right? If you replaced Jesus' name with Max, would it not still have the same meaning, or is it all about the name "Jesus" and the Christian god, Jehovah, Yahweh, or whatever trademark you want to use. Religion's different brands of trademarks and the ignorant people who fight over them cause so many problems. Christians (and all religious people) who are like that are really hypocrites and idol worshipers, the idols being the names and labels in their minds as to what they believe the truth is.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The Pope is not a believer.

I was actually talking to a friend of mine about the pope yesterday. This pope, Benedict XVI, is actually very evangelical in his viewpoint. To such a point, that many within the Catholic Church wish that he wasn't pope! He wrote a book [it may only be here in Germany] Jesu von Nazaret, or something like that, and he completely left out Mary. Which is very interesting for a pope to go. He is also calling on Catholics to get back to preaching the Gospel, which is peculiar from a Catholic stance too. [For the record, I'm not Catholic.]

As for the "sun=son" thing, you know that only really works in English, right?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have not posted in a long time but this one I will. Jesus never said he was G-d. I want to make that clear. He is known as the son of G-d. There is a reason for this. It all goes back to Mary.

You first have to ask yourself, "How can a woman just spontaneously become pregnant without sperm being present". A virgin birth.

She was filled with the holy spirit. Kundalini was rising and this is what is referred to as the holy spirit. Before that happened she was under stress or duress for some reason. She was with a man she had not married but had no sex with. Back then your put to death for it. Rumor may have been started or something which she as a young girl would have felt her life was in danger.

The combination of stress then followed by the rise of the holy spirit split the egg. This maybe the only case in human history. That is where you get the son of G-d, because G-d and the holy spirit are one and the same. It's called parthenogenesis.

Jesus Christ was given protection by G-d's army but at the same time they assisted him in what every he wanted.

He had a mission here. Only he knew what had to be done.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Very interesting explanation, I have never heard anything like it before.
2nd line

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

does that mean that just because other people worship a god by a name that is not the same, that they are wrong and Christians are right? If you replaced Jesus' name with Max, would it not still have the same meaning,

I could call Jesus Mr. Michelin-Man and as long as I believed that he was God in the flesh, died for my sins, and rose from the dead, I would still be saved. The name "Jesus" isn't what matters but rather it's his person and work.

That being said, when you go to different cultures, you never see such a thing where they worship essentially the same thing, as Christianity, but under a different name. Only once have I heard something similar. A missionary was going to a remote Chinese area to preach the Gospel to a tribe. That tribe, which was untouched previously, had a cross nailed to a tree in their camp. As he was able to communicate with them more, he learned that decades earlier, the chief of the tribe had told the people that he'd had a vision. In this vision, an angel came to him and told him that in the future, a man would come to the tribe holding a little black book and from which, he would tell them the story of how they could get to heaven, thanks to God's work. From that point, until the missionary arrived, that tribe believed in a "re-made" Christianity [for lack of a better term]. They believed essentially the same thing that Christians believe, the missionary cleared up the picture for them some.

But, even if I was in that tribe, whether I realized it or not, I couldn't say [and it be true] that anyone can follow what they want and still get to heaven. This is because the man whom I believe [though known by a name other than Jesus] said that I can only believe in him to get to the Father. Ignorance to the fact doesn't make it not true.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Jesus never said he was G-d.

This isn't the place, but, Jesus did say that he was God. The Jews understood this based on things that he'd said. So much that they said to him in John 10.33:

The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.”

In addition in John 8.58, Jesus claimed the eternal name of God the Father:

Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am."

Immediately after this, the Jews wanted to stone him. The reason being blasphemy.

If you want to discuss this more, feel free to U2U me.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I just don't understand why christians are so sure in their belief when everything that Jesus taught is the same as what many non-christians already believe, and yet they are damned for eternity just because they don't take someone's word (with no reason other than because christians say it is true and if there is another reason please tell me so that I may be saved) that there was a guy who died and was resurrected-It seems like such a technicality.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join