It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GTA V?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Well a game set in the wild west already exists . Link .

Oh man that game is gonna be so darn good.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I think a Las Vegas one would be awesome. Imagine being able to go to the outskirts of Las Vegas to bury a body
Lol.That would be cool Oz.Gambling would also be a nice touch,ala GTA S.A.

I thought The Lost and the Damned was a step in the right direction.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by crowpruitt]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This is probably one of the geekiest things I've said, but I miss San Andreas.. I remember "driving" through the desert there whilst Lynard Skynard - free bird was no the radio.. Now that was badass!

What GTA V needs?
- Customizable character (Male, Female, White, Black, Different recorded voices andddd yes clothes again too.)
- Customizable cars brought back, that was awesome!
- A difficulty setting (I didn't see one in GTA IV but remember it was too easy)
- Better music, y'know.. something we all know, not just a majority of crap I've never even heard of.

I had fun on IV's virtual internet too, I'd like to see that brought back.

Heaps of space to roam and explore, and bring back planes!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
GTA, Original mercinaries style destroying buildings, Carpet bombing cruise missile, customizing cars planes stealth bombers::roll
San Andreas map best ever. Quarry dumper was wicked.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
They should make it with all previous cities on the same map, and a few other thrown in as well. How about Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas, Rain City (Seattle), Motor City (Detroit), Windy City (Chicago), Patriot City (Boston), Dirty South City (Atlanta) etc.

Why not make one with all the major cities in the US?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
They totally need to make GTA in a futuristic city, or a city on an alien planet.

Just imagine how much more interesting everything would be.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

Haha nice old thread, I still stick to this opinion, it would be much more interesting than another new york etc, Think of it as sort of Mass Effect gta style or Deus Ex gta style.

Anyway right now they are focusing on L.A Noir, it looks great to me, I'm hyped.
edit on 11-12-2010 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I wish they would set another one in London, it would feel so much cooler stealing cars on streets that I actually drive down. I doubt they will abandon the city they have spent time building in IV though

It might be a little dangerous for me as I already get the urge to steal road sweepers and crash them into cement mixers in real life whenever I play GTA

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
You wont see GTA V till 2012.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashley8344
GTA, Original mercinaries style destroying buildings, Carpet bombing cruise missile, customizing cars planes stealth bombers::roll
San Andreas map best ever. Quarry dumper was wicked.
Mercenaries 2 was terrible and 3 got cancelled.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I second the aircrafts besides helicopters idea. I kept going to the airport in 4, and was disappointed I couldn't fly the plane. Instead I just got show by airport security.

I'd like to see some more hidden areas. Like the Statue of Liberty's Heart. That was cool. More guns is also a must. You can never have too many weapons.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by baked

I really didn't like IV as much as San Andreas, I still go back and play San Andreas now.
I must have spent 2 weeks just trying to get a perfect score in the KickStart DirtBike minigame

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i heard they were going to update the san andreas map........hope so that was a good game

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
All the GTA series were too good.. GTA 3 had such gr8 real life like graphics and car handling. just loved that.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a vice city re-do would be cool. i loved vice city it was my favorite out of the series.

i really think they should re make san andreas just because of how bad the original was.

eating too much without exercising and you get fat?? wtf was that garbage.
there was just too much dumb stuff to that game.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtycrickrat

That was genius garbage.

Really you'd pass up on the chance to make your non customizable character completely unique to you.

San Andreas was the best GTA, better than IV in many ways.
Just so much to do even after story completetion.

Fat CJ was da bomb bro.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
They totally need to make GTA in a futuristic city, or a city on an alien planet.

Just imagine how much more interesting everything would be.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

That's Red Faction 2. I would be upset if GTA went sci-fi. Their whole charm is the mastering of pop-culture and the feel of real-world environments.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I love this game, it really never gets old and online gameplay is a blast. I have both of the add ons.

MY favorite thing is to get into the Buzzard helicopter on multiplayer and chase people down and get into helicopter wars, and the parachute out of the burning chopper before it blows up and then try to destroy my opponent with a rocket launcher.

Wow, im a nerd

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I've heard rumours that GTA V is going to be set in Los Santos and area again. Although I've also heard rumours that it's going to be set in Vice City, so who knows at this point.

I'm still anxiously awaiting it either way. I've been a fan of the GTA series since I first played the top-down original one. I enjoyed GTA IV but I've always thought San Andreas was better overall. There was just more to do in San Andreas, and I always felt the story of that game drew me in more than the story in GTA IV. My biggest letdown for GTA IV was the lack of flyable planes. Some of the most fun I had in San Andreas came from hopping in my Hydra and just booting around the map, weaving between buildings, diving under bridges, etc.

I'm really hoping Rockstar includes all the extras from San Andreas in GTA V. Skydiving, turf wars, tattoos, haircuts, more clothing options, planes, muscle/fat, more weapons, dozens of safehouses to buy, and the list goes on.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff56

We are very much alike in those opinians, I used to just put some music in my ears and fly everywere in my Hydra.

If there was one in IV, you'd fly off the map in seconds, so I can appreciate the reason it wasn't in, but it needs to be in the next. Hopefully they sussed the map size with RDR.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

That's true about the difference in map sizes too.

What I also enjoyed more about San Andreas was the different landscapes all over the map. You had the inner city "hoods" of Los Santos, those small country towns off the backroads, the old desert ghost towns, the Vegas style strip in Las Venturas, etc. The map locations in GTA IV never seemed to differ very much. It was all city, all the time.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join