It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy a truck, get a free AK-47 (CNN reporter kind of ticking me off)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Buy a truck, get a free AK-47 (CNN reporter kind of ticking me off)

www.cnn.com

The owner of a Missouri dealership is giving away free AK-47s with the purchase of any truck.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
OK this lady is really ticking me off is she stupid or what? First of all I know a lot of people who already own AK-47's and not the semi-auto type either.

Don't know if this should go here or somewhere else so mods move if see fit or delete if I missed a post already about this but couldn't find it in search.

Now is this just another way to decimate propaganda about owning larger than a hand gun? I mean with the right kind of .22 and the right bullet you could do more damage with it than a shabby AK-47 so to speak.

I don't own any guns but come on if the guy wants to own a legal AK-47 then so be it or gal for that fact this is just crazy the way she tries to grill him about it but he does a pretty good job defending it even though she tries to over talk him.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Darthorious]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i think this is great!! not only do you get a vehicle, but a means to provide for your family. while it is not the most reliable weapon, you can use it to defend yourself and kill food.

guns are not evil people. soon it will be guns that keep this country free, they do it on a daily basis now.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I think its awesome , I own a SAR-1 and it's a great Rifle. The only thing that pisses me off about the media in general is their ignorance or firearms. They are not giving away ak47's , ak47's are very rare and illegal to own unless you have a class III. Now the AK's semi auto cousins like my SAR-1 , or the WASR-10 , ETC... can be had rather easily.

Just watched the video , He put his point across well. She's a Tool

[edit on 17-7-2009 by EyesWideShut]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
All I know is I love me my gun's, but I'm a "military dude". We can't have AKs here in CA, well unless they are modified to be legal..

I really hate how the media portrays gun owners...

Well I guess I hate how the media portrays everything. I guess I just hate the media.

Peace!

[edit on 17-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Does it come with a gun rack

Here in Nevada we can still own automatics

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

I disagree with him on a few things (Which for the sake of keeping on topic I won't specify!) but at least he's got the guts to stand up and explain. But I wish he had argued that.. An AK-47 while seems scary is functionally (as in terms of use) than an M1 garand or another semi auto weapon (As it isn't an assault weapon) and is no different.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I've never heard such a barrage of retarded questions. The reporter made herself look extremely silly. Ticks me off aswell.

I do not think reporters should be allowed to adopt a position and intimidate people with it. It is a waste of air time.

[edit on 17/7/09 by YourForever]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

I think she made her self look ignorant. He should of said "How is a legal AK-47 any different than a hand gun?" and specifics aside the way it functions is pretty identical.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, seeing as CNN is a member of the Obama revisionism media network, the 'reporter' (term used extremely loosely) is only doing what she sees is 'right' to further the network's agenda.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I loved how she had no reply at all when he mentioned the 7 people that attacked the Florida couple in their home. She sort of resorted to the typical "Er dur um well gee uh the odds would still be against you" argument that gun grabbing goobers always fall back on...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
thread is already going in another one- feel free to join i just don't know how to link it

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
For cripes sake, that reporter is annoying! She is subtly judging her subject of this news report. This woman is a fool and is blatantly disrespectful to that man. If anyone is grandstanding, it is that CNN anchor. What happened to posing questions in a unbiased manner and letting her viewers decide if the man is a nut or is making sense? However, she is making the opinion up for the viewer. Plus, her weak attempts at rationalizing the situation is off base and almost childish. Maybe she should do a little research regarding assault weapons in the US. If she researched, it would be known to her, that assault weapons are not sold as machine guns. The fully automatic capability is disabled by the manufacturer. Therefore, the assault rifle is about as dangerous as a hunting rifle.

She might as well be reading the talking-points for the Liberal Democrats. Journalism makes my skin crawl and seeing stuff like this gets me even more disappointed. Miss high and mighty CNN anchorwoman! If I were the news director at CNN, and after seeing that report; I would fire her on the spot. Just another two-bit-six figure earning-imbecile-reporter feeding ignorance rather than informing her viewers. I'm disgusted!

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
What to do when visiting Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ill have to try that next time I visit. (I do every couple years, might be visiting in september) While I own my own gun of course, I'd love to fire some automatics.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
the only thing good, imo, about an ak47 is that you can throw it in the mud and it will still work. usually.

easy to clean and repair.

other than that, its a terrible choice IMHO

i mean cmon, the ak74 is better in most respects

however, for self defense i would highly suggest a machine pistol or a submachine gun as they are smaller and work far more efficiently in close quarters

for example the TMP is a very good weapon, extremely light weight, low recoil, high rate of fire etc

even grandma can use the TMP and if this man were offering vouchers for a gun like that, id seriously consider buying one of his cars (because I need a new car as mine is falling apart)

www.remtek.com...

Those Austrians make some good guns, thats for sure.

BTW, if i lived near this car dealer I'd pay him a visit and tell him although i cannot afford his cars, that I certainly respect him and his business

he looks like a really good guy to me

two thumbs up for the good guys

give away modern guns next time tho dangit! lol

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The typical response of Democrats, those who are gun-grabbers, and Liberals who for the most part would rather have us all defenseless just because of their flawed ideas about guns.

She actually thought that the words God, and Guns shouldn't be together?... Is she #$%# kidding? The Forefathers of this nation were mostly Christian and they ALL had GUNS, not to mention that they believed in God....

where in the world is this car dealership, i think it's time to get me a new truck, and an AK47!!!!
It would be a good addition to my collection. Which is ALL legal...

That man is right, most criminals use ILLEGAL weapons, but the media and the gun-grabbers try to constantly claim that because LAW ABIDDING CITIZENS have weapons, that's the reason why all CRIMINALS are armed....

And then most Liberals, and or Democrats, such as this woman, claim they are very educated, and intelligent when they can't make a real argument why they want ALL Americans disarmed... Not that they will EVER be able to disarm us...

[edit on 17-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You listed everything a citizen can't really get.

I dont see how the "AK47 is a terrible choice." One round will rip apart your body better than a pistol or a .223.

Also ammo is cheap, mags are cheap, and almost always works.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I really hate how the media portrays guns in America.. For example.. I play online games alot (FFXI in specifics) and I've played alot with europeans. The impression they get is that Americans are just out all day shooting at eachother and that you can't walk down the street without being shot at..

So it takes awhile to explain why things are not that bad here, unless you live in an area with exremely high crime (as in, lots of gangs.)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
BTW AK47s are not $400-$500 dollars, unless you buy them by parts, and then you still have to PAY to get a license which is very expensive...and you have to either know how to put the parts together, or you have to pay someone to do it.

Why in the world do LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS have to PAY for a RIGHT??????

Having to pay for licenses makes it a PRIVILEDGE, and not a RIGHT to own and bear ARMS... BTW, yeah weapons shouldn't be free, that's not what I am saying, but all the licenses you have to pay for to have certain weapons makes it a PRIVILEDGE and not a RIGHT to own such weapons...

[edit on 17-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join