It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lycanlance

I am quite happy with the notion that my body will return to the earth and in that way I will become new life on this planet. I may or may not have a soul, I am yet to fully comprehend what that means, but I do know that for as long as this universe exists that in some form I will too. I love nature and therefore to feel that I will one day be returned to my chemical and particulate components and feed the earth, make new life, fills me with wonder, as far as an 'afterlife' is concerned that is all that I need. At this stage in my life, I am in quite a bad place personally, I find living harder than any notion of death, but this too will pass and I will find balance again. I never wish for death in the hope of a better life next time round, it could be a very long time before my constituent parts come together to form another sentient being lol, so I put more effort into finding the balance that will keep me moving towards a peaceful acceptance of my circumstances.

I am not at all religious or even spiritual, but I have, of late, found much comfort in some of the buddhist teachings, particularly the Nine Fold Path, the Four Noble Truths and mostly the Compassionate Heart. I cut out anything that doesn't suit me or that seems a little too dogmatic. But it has helped and it doesn't require me to 'belong' to anything or really do anything that I am not already doing, but when I am struggling it gives me something to go to and it gives me a little bit of support that I am otherwise lacking.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Watch a movie called "What Dreams May Come". It's a Robin Williams flick and exquisitely illustrates what I believe.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stevedel0

Thanks lol. I hope thats what happens I just hope there is no god or devil lol. I know im an atheist and i dont believe in god but my family keeps getting pissed at me and mean just because im not a christian just a few seconds ago i argued with my mom about it and i feel like im letting her down for not believing but i just cant i dont feel like anything is there and if there was i would feel it. I told her i try my hardest to believe i tried so hard for the first 15 years of my life but i just cant do it anymore i dont feel like im right i feel like there is nothing there and now that i say that to myself it feels right to not believe. This place helps me talk to people without being judged and told im going to hell or something. Thats what my mom says her and my stepdad have been baptized and they say they know where they are going but me they say im damning my soul it makes me sad. Today she said that in church the preacher said that god and satan are both here on earth right now. It got me thinking what if im wrong i need help i tried going to church but nope i still dont believe and i am not going to believe so if its real looks like im going to hell. I tried believing it just didnt seem right so i dont believe and i feel so much happier. someone give me some thoughts on this.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

can you give me a link to a website about Buddhism ive always been interested. read my reply above this one see if you can help me please.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I may do that thanks. =]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You wouldn't regret it so long as you like movies with plot as well as eye candy.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Ill definitely check it out. I hope it helps me. My family wont shut up about my beliefs read my reply at the top its a long one see if you can help me with that. thanks.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

All I can tell you is what I did. Tell them you will not cheapen their beliefs by just playing lip service when you don't truly believe them. That worked for me. Basically be honest yet respectful and most importantly stick to your guns while being true to yourself *but please please please don't let the label atheist own you like so many has let their labels of all kinds own them, think first and foremost for yourself*.

Hope that helps.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

thanks for the help i dont know if you would call it atheist i hope theres something after life but i dont believe in god or satan. i just realized satan and santa are alot alike and they both have something to do with the color red..

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

thats cool your line under your name on here is almost the same as mine.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I noticed that as well.
But as for the subject at hand, I think there is ample proof of some form of continuance after death. It just matters if you choose to accept it as proof. Which is really true of any "proof". Case in point NDEs were a person remembers certain things there is no conviable way they should while they were supposedly dead. I posted one such case in one of my threads. And I really don't think "God" is the point which is why he/she/it doesn't advertise he/she/itself, I don't think we are meant to know for sure. After all, you grow dependent upon the one providing the answers if you are provided all the answers and accept them as such.
But I do highly recommend you telling your family that. It backed mine off as they would have to be some sort of jerk not to and not to mention would be cheapening their God which is blasphemy to them.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I hope there is an afterlife. But not one where you are judged for believing or not believing. I want it to be one where people aren't judged and people are equal. Kinda like Buddhism.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I believe the only judgement you recieve is the one you make of yourself. Which really if you think about it is a must for any sort of growth as a being, we must judge ourselves I would argue. Just some decide it is easier to judge others.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Yes exactly but there is no being out there judging us saying we go to hell or heaven. when you think about it and look at the earth. the earth is a circle just like all the other planets in the universe no planet can be a dif shape because all the heavier mass goes toward the center so i think its obvious god didnt make the earth in 7 days. and we only think this planet is special because it has life and the only reason we think thats special because we dont have proof that other planets have life. If aliens are real god cant be and if 2012 happens god cant be because he says in the bible that no one will know when the end is coming. but thats just saying that if i believed in god that would make me see god isnt real. I know he isnt. but what other people believe is up to them. You understand?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Um, you are allowing the Christian conception of "God" dominate as the only possible conception of "God". And why couldn't "God" have created aliens as well?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

im not saying he couldnt have created aliens. Im just saying in the christian view it only says about humans. and i dont like the christian view. i find the Buddhism view alot better but i just dont think religion is right no one person can be right so no one religion can be right either. I think all religions are made up to explain the way the world works so we could understand it but since so many people have dif opinions about it they would make other religions. but no one is right im looking for the right one but i will never find it. i just hope something happens after that isnt being judged by a god.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
You're still young. By the questions your asking and your general state of mind I can tell things will make a lot more sense to you soon; your ancestral past as well as your general purpose in this world. You will have edification, there is no other way.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

I hope things will but i know ill never be able to have faith in a god or believe in a god.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

This might boil your noodle a little or you might dismiss me as nuts. But I believe everyone is right. In that their belief makes it right for them. Pretty much Christians by virtue of their beliefs give over their lives to a being they more or less created but it is true only for them, not anyone else. In a nutshell.

Oh, and remember the Pope recently declared that the idea of aliens isn't against their God.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

That's what I said, lol. And a lot of other stubborn souls. No matter what anyone says you're on the correct path. Everything that should happen will in due time.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join