It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I thought about that to. It seemed to make sense to me. You should read my thread called theory i thought of about the afterlife. It explains what really makes sense to me and i kind of believe in it. It would make sense that whatever you believe is what happens like if you think nothing happens then nothing happens. if you think god will save you then that will happen. just like a dream (i referred to my own thread lol)

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

I sure hope so. What do you think happens after life? im asking so whatever you say is fine with me lol

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lycanlance

Then you really need to watch that movie I recommended earlier. Trust me.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Ok. Caveat: I'm a Christian.

And I don't believe in death. Not when you live a life filled with purpose. I believe you can overcome death; that when you become a creature of fate and reverence you are already dead, only to perform your duty on earth. Trust me, I'm a heavy student of Camus and the other existentialists, I know about atheism fully, and I'm anything but a weak sheep.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I will. =] thanks for telling me about it. Ill try to find it on the internet lol.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Thank you for not being one of the Christians that completely ignore what you have to say and just tell me im going to hell. So can you explain a little more about your belief? please im interested.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

He still loves you whether you believe in him or not, as you'll find out on your lasat/first day at the end of this life.

You might want to research the 1000's of NDE reports, as well as the case histories on past life and in between lives regression. It's very interesting.

God Bless.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Well, as I said I'm a student, I'm still dedicated to my path and G-d has not found my temperment to be in teaching so I'll share what I can...

I only believe salvation can be found through action. This is a term at the heart of every existentialist of the 20th century, those who strengthened modern atheism. I won't define it for you because it requires much study to understand it how they understood it. It's also more esoteric. Bottom line though, is you learn to understand your self, you learn to expend, you learn to gamble and covet the dangerous. At a point you put your soul at risk. Fate is temperment; you're on the path that's right for you.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I dont believe in him but i thank you for not being one of those who push it on me. if hes out there im sure ill find out but until then i dont believe. do you think he sends you to hell for not believing (if he is real)

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Thanks i appreciate you for not being one of those who force it on me. =]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

You dont have to worry about going to hell. I've thought about spirituality enough to know that any religion that claims to be the only way is nothing but dogcrap all the way. There is no single path that one must take to be "saved". Rather, every single path that exists is the way. The purpose of life is not to believe that Jesus will save you. Rather it is to choose what you will choose, because an infinite amount of choices exist in life and eventually they will all have to be chosen.

Unfortunately, someone choose to twists Jesus Christ words to create a powerhouse of a religion. Saint Paul did most of it I think. He never even met Jesus in person and yet he had the most influence over the Church. He claims Jesus came to him in "revelations". I call BS.

I'm sorry your family fell for the dirty trick of Christianity. What I try to do in my family is just avoid it religion altogether. Sometimes they can convince me to go to Church, and what a waste of time it is. but I dont feel guilty I dont believe what they believe because I know they've got it wrong.

but yea don't even worry about hell, its a joke.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stevedel0

thank you so much. i appreciate that. I went to church before but all they talked about was how jesus saved us and gave his life for all the sins to be washed away and all of that. it was completely stupid in my opinion it never seemed to be right to me.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lycanlance
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

can you give me a link to a website about Buddhism ive always been interested. read my reply above this one see if you can help me please.

Apologies...it is the Eight fold path BTW, not sure why I was thinking nine but there you go...if you search there are quite a few links available on line, I like this one though it is nice and simple.

www.thebigview.com...

For the Four Noble Truths too

www.thebigview.com...

As far as the Compassionate Heart is concerned you will find that right across teachings of both Buddhism and Hinduism, and it is worth searching around for the one that touches you (so to speak). It is really just an expansion of the path and the truths. I find it enormously helpful in dealing with all kinds of negativity, both from within and without.

Most people like to think of themselves as caring,compassionate people. They may give money and time to charities, their church, and to their family and friends. These are all good outlets for our goodwill, but the person with a compassionate heart doesn't stop there. A compassionate heart will try to show love every day--in every moment--and to all living creatures.

Helping is often not something we really think about, but is the instinctive response of an open heart. Your neighbor needs help starting his car and you help. Your brother needs to borrow a little money and you help. But just as important as the help provided, is the attitude in which it is given. How do we really feel about helping others? Do we sometimes give half-heartedly, begrudgingly, or with an ulterior motive? The resistance to be generous often underlies helping; much giving is done for less than altruistic reasons.

The compassionate heart will give cheerfully. The love is not limited to those like itself. Love will be expressed not just to those in its immediate circle, but to all. But how, you may ask, do we achieve a compassionate heart? Are some people just natural inclined to be compassionate? No. It is a choice each of us makes every day.

This choice isn't an easy one. It takes commitment. Even within the compassionate heart, there is a constant struggle between self-sacrifice and self-protectiveness, light and darkness, love and hate. We are presented opportunities each day to choose which path we will take.

The most dangerous obstacle to a compassionate heart is self-righteousness. If it finds even a small place in your heart, you will unknowingly drive others away. To have a compassionate heart, it will take strength to fight the self-righteousness which can get in the way.

www.christinesmith.us...

I am not overly concerned with the afterlife, getting through this life is the greater challenge, anything beyond that I will cross when I come to it. I always work on the principle that I spend most of my time with myself and when I close my eyes at night I am completely alone with myself and that I am my greatest judge. If you can live with yourself and your actions I don't think you have anything to worry about...for better or worse.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by KilgoreTrout]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

thank you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join