It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF? Director of Congressional Budget Office: Federal budget is on unsustainable path...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LeeannaHolland

No offense, but whatever "new" ideas the anointed one has, he can keep them. This new model at best will be dark age of neo-communism at worst a far more horrific new world order: population control, mass executions, and zero privacy.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

A little perspective to put $1 trillion back in perspective...

If you laid one dollar bills end to end, you could make a chain that stretches from earth to the moon and back again 200 times before you ran out of dollar bills! One trillion dollars would stretch nearly from the earth to the sun. It would take a military jet flying at the speed of sound, reeling out a roll of dollar bills behind it, 14 years before it reeled out one trillion dollar bills.

Don't become numb to the numbers that are so casually tossed around by these folks.

The entire government should be declared unConstitutional, null and void, and the whole lot of them shipped off to China to work off the debt they have imposed upon us against our will by working in factories that manufacture cheap plastic crap for sale at Walmart.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
our goose is cooked..Just waiting for dinner time to pull it out of the oven..

I scoff when people say its getting better..We are a long way off from getting better,if at all possible..

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It's the interest monster at work.

They loan out $100. But then they expect $105 or whatever interest in return(actually more than $5 in the long run). As such, someone has to go bankrupt and come up short eventually.

In order to keep the system of debt going, they have to make up for this by constantly adding new money to cover the existing costs/interest. This of course means even more debt and interest.

The money they have been adding lately is mostly in order to feed the "interest monster". The debt has gotten so high, that the amount of money needed to be created in order to pay that interest has grown with it. Thus, they start making even bigger loans, which also carry big interest payments with it.

Eventually it will get to the point where they can no longer just create more money to feed the monster they have created. Because if they do, then they will end up with hyper-inflation and the money will become even more worthless than it is now.

So at some point, they have to just stop and when that happens - CRASH. People will start going bankrupt left and right because someone is going to come up short.

What people need to be asking is - if the newly created money gets it's value from the existing currency, then how is the fed able to "loan" that money out with interest in the first place? It wasn't their wealth in the first place, and why the interest?

If the US is the richest country in the world, whom is it that is so rich to loan this money out in the first place? Who does the US owe these trillions of dollars to?

I want the earth plus 5%

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPC_D

There are uninsured CHILDREN. And PEOPLE that are not wealthy are not covered...

Indeed there are but I do not want to pay for them to get coverage plan and simple I can barely make it as it is and to add more taxes on top of what I pay is asking too much.
I am sorry if it sounds cold hearted of me however I simply can’t afford to spend more for something I don't get nor want and the American people should not want this type of reform ether.
it is irresponsible of the government to spend like this 1 trillion$ for this and why not another trillion for that to and than Oh hey this needs fixed so lets spend more money we don't have we will just up taxes some more, make the people pay it's not our money.

Sad.

"Over the next decade, the bill would impose $544 billion in new taxes on families making more than $350,000."

www.google.com...

The tax increases will affect only 4.1 percent of tax filers who report small business income.

Spending 544 billion over the course of 10 years is really not that significant. You should see how much is allotted for defense every year.

It's unlikely you will see a tax increase. You would know that if you actually did some research beyond watching Fox News.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeeannaHolland
reply to post by jam321

You are complaining about the cost..... But this is so necessary. There are uninsured CHILDREN. And PEOPLE that are not wealthy are not covered...

It is about time we started to care about the 'undesirables.' A new way is coming, to provide for every American.

I think people need to start looking out for others, personally. We are all in this together.

You know its kind of funny how You say its time We look out for others. I think what You really mean its time for the middle class to look out for me and pay for my medical because I am either A. to lazy to afford it or B. Lack the discipline to afford it or C. Don't sacrifice enough to afford it....

What You total waste of sperm don't realize is nothing is for free in this country. If I can work 18 hours a day to support my family then so can You. We all know You don't work that though and if anything You think You deserve more than me at Your piddly 40 hour a week job if You work that at all.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

This is the United States of America.
We are a Republic.
We are a capitolistic economy.
If you don't like it and would like to change it.

Move to Europe or Canada. I will support along with my fellow Americans to pay for your ticket and anyone else that wants to go.
You must never come back though.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
CNN just discussed this and said that Obama will have alot of problems now and that people are seeing something is fishy

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

Some of you are so high on something it's not even funny.

First thing, go back to school and learn history and how to use a calculator.

Second thing, the Defence budget is the only thing the Govt. should be doing other than keeping big business under control.

But I guess you panty waste type want to just bitch about the defence all the time so they can steal us blind when they are "To Big To Fail".

But hey, it's only money right?

Anybody that thinks this debt is OK, is the same type that would put bills in thier kid's name just to have something they want.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

You missed the most important question of all.

Where did they get the $100 dollars to loan out to begin with.

Thin air. Just thin air.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

My thoughts exactly... If the Government issued out the loans through government banks to the people We would be in so much better shape. Just imagine if the government made 5% interest every year on all the home loans. The government would have enough money to finance its operation without taxes. But oh no We have to pay taxes to the rich bankers whom issue money out of thin air to the government and they have to pay interest on it.....

Oh Jeez I get so pissed off sometimes just thinking about it and then WE have STUPID LIBERALS that come on this forum and say We need more government programs. Hey stupid idiots You are making the rich bankers You hate so much richer by begging for more social programs. How bout You do us all a favor idiots learn something about the banking system and the federal reserve before You post Your stupid liberal vs. conservative crap.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Read this thread and watch the videos if you get a chance

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The Military industrial complex has bankrupted the USA. It didn't happen over night. Things probably wouldn't be so bad if your tax dollars that went to the bomb builders over the last few years went to social problems, but that's fascism for you.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I've seen several posts where it has been said, "It's not that much money, we're in this together, et al"

Liberals love spending, when it's not THEIR money to begin with!
Just look at their charitable contributions for some of these "liberals"

Obama
2006: 6.1%
2005: 4.7%
2004: 1.2%
2003: 1.4%
2002: 0.4%
2001: 0.5%
2000: 0.9%
reference atangledweb.squarespace.com...

Biden
Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden and his wife gave an average of $369 a year to charity during the past decade, his tax records show. (USA Today)

But they'll let you eat cat food and freeze to death when they spend your money.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
scary times indeed friends. I really hope we can pull out of thism but everything is stacking on top of us. keep your heads up. live the best life you can, enjoy every minute of life, and the ones that are close to you.
Love and Light, Ronco

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeeannaHolland
reply to post by jam321

It is about time we started to care about the 'undesirables.' A new way is coming, to provide for every American.

I think people need to start looking out for others, personally. We are all in this together.

Americans have traditionally had gumption and drive, stick-to-it-edness. Americans provide for ourselves and then if able, provide for others. Many would say this is not true but reference the outpouring of donations after 911 (no matter how misused the funds were). That's what makes us Americans. We are an independent, liberty minded people who traditionally have not looked to the federal government to feed us, and flush for us.

To that end it has also been traditional for those Americans who find themselves with a surplus of energy stored in the form of money, food etc. to donate to private charities, religion etc. to assist those less fortunate.

We do not need the government suckling at the teet of our paycheck before we can even cash it and determine what we would like to do with the money we earned. I live within my budget and if I don't have I don't spend it. Why can't fed.gov do that?

Until recently it truly has been the case that if one got off their a$$ and worked hard one could make a decent living. Start flipping burgers at McDonald's at age 18 and stick to it and by 40 you could be managing a few restaurants for $60k a year, no college etc. Or have a unique idea and start a business.

If this "new way" you refer to involves taking from the hard workers and giving to the lazy (lazy people who sadly had kids and can't take care of them) then I want nothing to do with it.

I was behind a non-english speaking immigrant in line at the store the other day and watched her fill her cart with unhealthy processed food and loads of candy for her large brood of welfare bab... er I mean children and then pay for it with food stamps, AKA MY TAX MONEY. I wanted to throw her food out and go buy them some vegetables and whole grains instead of toaster pops and candy bars, since I was buying it for her. No need to later on have to pay for her families poor health and doctor visits due to malnutrition as well.

The world is a very real place and bambi gets eaten by coyotes every day out there. It is not little pink butterflies and fluffy bunnies with a government funded Santa Claus that drops wads of federal reserve notes down my chimney every day.

This "new way" is an old way that always ends up coming to terms with the real face of humanity. Reference Che Gueverra and the photo of him wearing the Rolex Submariner. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

It has all been tried before which is why the founders of this country tried to set up a system in which government left the people alone and the people were responsible for their own prosperity or demise. Clearly we have drifted away from this...

They are so far in debt with this budget that they aren't spending our money, they are mortgaging the future of our great grandchildren. It is another derivative market with a bubble waiting to pop.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by merkaba93]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

$360 a year? That's not much at all. I give almost that much to one of those children sponsor things for 1 single child. It's like $23 a month or something like that. Just sponsoring a single child for a single year is like $250 easy.

That is kind of pathetic for someone who makes that much money IMO. I guess that is your point right?

[edit on 7/17/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mumbotron
The Military industrial complex has bankrupted the USA. It didn't happen over night. Things probably wouldn't be so bad if your tax dollars that went to the bomb builders over the last few years went to social problems, but that's fascism for you.

ya, it was just the military, industrial complex, right....

I don't think it matters where the gov't sends the tax dollars to....the government is taking way too many tax dollars from the private sector, for this, that, and the other stupid thing, and well....they are spending way more than they are taking in!!

all we have been getting for the past I don't know...three or four decades is bubble after bubble, wherever the current gov't administration feels needs to be stimulated, that's where they send the tax money....and well....they are taking so much danged money, they are the only ones that have the power to stimulate!!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

My wife and I make about 90K together. We give to St. Jude every year and beat Obama and Biden combined.

Losers.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

I honestly believe that the President is doing what he promised Americans. The treachery he is facing he has to play it with the same rules to be successful. Remember he is forcing Switzerland and its secret Banks SBC to release the Secret Account list of Americans. I do know that American Corporation used Tax heavens to hide their money not only in Switzerland but in some other countries such as Dubai/UAE etc. Obama knows that he can pay all that trillions in deficit by grabbing those secret accounts. Even if he make deals with them, he can easily pay for health program now and in the future. Just watch him closely when he says he is going to tax the rich. He knows that the middle class is overburdened. A family of 4 is paying 64% in taxes including all ripple effects. He doesn't mean to rob them but he definitely means that they should pay their fair share of taxes. Just give him the support and don't fall for the scumbags that are working for rich and trying to manipulate you. The technicality that Corporations use such as Microsoft or VP channey's businesses by moving their headquarters to Dubai is a way to avoid Taxes. Their headquarters is nothing but a small office in those countries in contrast to their operation in this country. Obama is fighting it in his own way to tax them.
By the way I never abused the system. The Private Medical Insurance companies, they are not here to serve the interest of Americans. They call themselves non profit but in reality they are in for profits. Explain me about two weeks ago I had blood pressure of 220/123. My wife forced me to go to the Hospital. Even I have two Insurance cards (coverages). I was admitted because they couldn't bring my blood pressure lower than 200 for two days. Third day they succeeded. My EKG and chest Xrays were negative. So Insurance refused bills and also advised me not to pay them because they shouldn't have kept me in the Hospital. A person very much familiar with Medical Insurance told me that they have Experts. Their job is nothing but to deny bills on loop holes. You as ATS members decide why wouldn't you support the Obama Health program. After all UPS is government managed. Why have you to fall for the brain washing of big Corporations that manipulating you. Why they have to spend millions of Dollars to brain wash you. Pharmaceutical Companies forcing lawmakers not to allow us to import medicine for our own use. American Medical Insurance Companies are manipulating us that Obama's One payer for health will be disasterous. Obama said it repeatedly that government Insurance will play with the same rules to compete with big businesses just like UPS is competing with other postal companies. Why cannot you see it. The government one payer is the only way to get quality health coverage for far less what we paying right now.I have seen it in Britain and Germany. Yes initially it will cost to establish the system untill we are able to clean the # up. (excuse me for the language).

[edit on 17-7-2009 by charlie0]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join